Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

Modron

Arcane
A competent Hack and Slash? Not really, the only thing TW 2 has going for it is the ability to create/customize spells. I think a fair comparison would be to call Two Worlds 2 a proto Skyrim. In TW 2, dungeons are small and enemy hub locations are tiny and only a handful of them are tied to quests. There is a distinct lack of variety in opposition (humans, gnoll-like things, and skeletons make up the majority). The core gameplay chokes up to killing to get stronger so you could go kill other things (I know this complaint can be leveled at almost all rpgs but you have literally no motivation, no quests telling you to go there, no in game lore for the most part, nothing interesting to find in locations besides an occasional chest) as the game has more fluff locations than skyrim even. Game is lacking in any character customization other than primary attributes. Cities for the most part contain very few quest givers and npcs that engage in actual conversation are rare; often the only purpose cities serve is to be either physical chokepoints and/or shopping hubs.

I was really hoping it would pick up once I gained access to the first major city but that was not the case. If you really enjoyed Skyrim, you would could enjoy this game; however, as part of a 5 dollar bundle that includes a Daedalic adventure and Men of War (should you not have those or have someone to gift them to) I would not say you wasted your money acquiring this.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Never played any of the stuff they did last time. Humble is due for another proper bundle. The last few Indie Galas, Groupees, and Royals have been extremely disappointing.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Never played any of the stuff they did last time. Humble is due for another proper bundle. The last few Indie Galas, Groupees, and Royals have been extremely disappointing.
current groupees is imo great

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Tripjack is buying it -- I saw it on CAG!!! Although is there some discounted price to be had? $5 doesn't seem all that great for Guild 2 + Pirates when they've sold those + Renaissance for cheaper on Steam.

TripJack

Hedonist
get out of here stalker

and yes apparently the whole collection has been discounted to $5 on steem before, so i'll pass on this

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Only a matter of time before it's in an actual Indie Gala for $1.50ish with five other games.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
It sucks anyway. The original game was good, but the second one bored me.

Multi-headed Cow

Nope. The Guild 1 technically is "Real time" but in actual play is more turn based. Guild 2 leans on the real time aspect more, has more directly driving your avatar around, and just generally more busywork to do essentially the same things.

Played both of 'em a bit and while Guild 2 didn't seem terribly bad, it just didn't seem as good as the first game. Also seemed way buggier than the first game, and check out this cow texture.
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/504639765432816980/65BE135DE16C62776F89F84BC68C25CA9E57FFB1/

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
The Guild 2 also had a lot more micromanagement than the first game, to the point where it quickly became tedious.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
New Android HIB -- pretty weak. $6+ BTA for Dungeon Defenders and Hexagon. $1 for Beat Hazard Ultra, Dynamite Jack, Nightsky, and Solar 2. In for $1.

Multi-headed Cow

Bleh. Only two games I haven't got in it are Hexagon and Dynamite Jack and I can't be assed to BTA for Hexagon. Not even entirely sure I wanna throw a dollar at it for Dynamite Jack. I guess maybe I should on the off chance they add something.

Edit: I will say Beat Hazard is a hell of a lot of fun though. Your music doesn't impact the gameplay as dramatically as, say, Audiosurf, but the floating around pewpew gameplay is really enjoyable.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Beat Hazard is very fun but I have it. Is Solar 2 any good? Looks sort of interesting. There's also this new flash indie gala: http://www.indiegala.com -- has some things I'd want like the bug game and Miner Wars (at a cheap price). Will probably wait for a happy hour. If it does have one and is like $1.40ish mind getting me one from Fox so I don't have to deal with CAG negotiations?

Multi-headed Cow

Yeah, just saw that Indie Gala on CAG. I think I'll wait and see if they run a happy hour on it. If not... I may not BTA but I'll definitely grab it cheap just for Pathologic. Wanted to mess with that game at some point. I guess since it's non-Steam if I wanted to be really shitty I could buy the bundle for a penny. (i might be that shitty)
And yeah, if a happy hour rolls around for it I'll snap you up a copy too. I still owe you a couple bucks anyway.

I only barely messed with Solar 2, and "Looks sort of interesting" basically sums it up. I didn't have much fun while playing but I didn't really mind the time I spent messing with it, and will probably dick with it again at some point. Could also be it gets more fun as you get bigger.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Pretty stupid they're doing a repeat of Dungeon Defenders for BTA but... hey... makes my decision that much easier. Dynamite Jack and Solar 2 seem worth $0.50 plus the gamble they add something decent... which is iffy.

mck

Cipher
I'll pay 50 cents because somehow I always wind up with the BTA shit in my downloads page by the end of these things

Multi-headed Cow

http://groupees.com/weg

Wadjet Eye bundle for $5 minimum coming soon. Includes Gemini Rue, Resonance, 4 Blackwell games, Puzzle Bots, and an unknown game that'll be added later.

Already got them there games so I probably won't be in unless the final game is Primordia. And even then I may be better off waiting for a Steam sale if that'd be the only game I'd want out of it. Still, hell of a bundle for adventure games.

Bruticis

http://groupees.com/weg

Wadjet Eye bundle for $5 minimum coming soon. Includes Gemini Rue, Resonance, 4 Blackwell games, Puzzle Bots, and an unknown game that'll be added later.

Already got them there games so I probably won't be in unless the final game is Primordia. And even then I may be better off waiting for a Steam sale if that'd be the only game I'd want out of it. Still, hell of a bundle for adventure games.
That is a nice bundle, really hope the bonus game is Primordia too. Also, the steam extension for Chrome is pretty sexy, very easy to tell what you have have/want using color coding (as well as ton of other sexy features).
i6INFVu.png

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Great deal, just that I don't really have interest in adventure games anymore.

Multi-headed Cow

Kinda doubt it'll be Primordia since adding the latest and greatest game as a bonus doesn't seem likely. Probably be some Desura or, god forbid, DRM free game.

And Chrome, Bruticis? For shame.

Multi-headed Cow

Well, if it's for Steam then I guess...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom