Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Can't comment on the others, but Cargo Commander's a cool little game.

I looked at it and thought "Wait, did they rename that Rochard game or something?", because those two games look eerily alike.

Bruticis

Does the Indie Royale bundle give you the all the episodes of Back to the Future, or is just like the first one? If it's the whole game the bundle might be worth it since even in a steam sale BttF will still be like $6.
It gives you the whole season (assuming it's 5 episodes).

LundB

Mistakes were made.
While there are certainly some gems in 1c's catalogue, the games shown in that bundle's promotional video are not among them. Never heard of Ascension to the Throne, Konung 3 has a pretty bad reputation, Men of War Vietnam is not exactly a stellar entry in the series, and King's Bounty, while fun, has been in so many sales and bundles that I had a hard time giving away my spare keys last time.

Multi-headed Cow

Apparently the last time I bought an indie bundle was March 9th. I'm getting the shakes.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What games are good? I've heard positive things about Scratches and Grotesque Tactics, but I don't recognize the rest (other than Shadowgrounds, which I have already).

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Grotesque Tactics is actually pretty bad. If you like adventure games then Scratches would be worth picking up. Other than Shadowgrounds I haven't played any of the others. Actually having a hard time seeing which three I'd get. Possibly Larva Mortus and Space Trader but even at $1 I'll wait and see if they add any bonuses. From looking at Meridian4's catalog it isn't promising.

Multi-headed Cow

MY GOD, A BUNDLE I'LL ACTUALLY BUY. FOR A DOLLAR. LARGELY JUST BECAUSE I AM MORBIDLY CURIOUS ABOUT SPACE TRADER AND HAVE GROTESQUE TACTICS 1 FROM SOME OTHER BUNDLE AND I AM COMPELLED TO GET 2 JUST BECAUSE.
Probably gonna go Space Trader, Vigil, and... I have no fucking idea for my third.

Obulus and Larva Mortus are both pretty decent though. I've owned both of them for some years from a Steam sale. Larva Mortus is a top down action game with randomized maps and loot. Running around killing monsters and occasionally finding treasure. For occasional dumb action it's decent. Obulis is a ball dropping puzzle, sorta like that... One game. With the monster. That likes the candy. Can't remember what it's called.

I've also tried Tank Universal and despite looking Tron-like I remember it not being very fun. I don't remember the specifics of why though.

Haven't played Scratches though it has Jaesun's seal of approval. I think he's said it's one of his favorite adventure games, if not THE.

Turjan

Arcane
It's funny how many crappy games I already own :D. I'm a bit curious about cancer, but I'm not sure what to add to get to that enormous sum of $1, though.

I have Grotesque Tactics (both games), and I don't like them. I only started Scratches, so cannot say much about it. I also own Vigil. Most of the rest looks like crap. Shadowgrounds? Greed?

Actually, I should probably check first whether I don't have that stuff already somewhere on the garbage pile. The titles sound awfully familiar. Must have been in some recent bundle.

Edit: Agonoizing over $1 looks a bit silly. I'm only waiting for the fraud alert from my bank...

mck

Cipher
I chose Crash Time 2, Space Trader, and Vigil for my punishment.:declining:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think I'll buy it, since I'd like to try Crash Time II, trailer looks cool enough. I think I will also get Pacific Storm and Space Trader, though I don't expect much from them...

As for Grotesque Tactics... it's not a good game, but you might have fun for an hour or two, at least I did... I guess it's a fair price, why not check it out yourself, it's not like you are paying a lot of money for it. If you are unsure, just get any game and you will get GT2 as a bonus, you can check it out then. Both 1 and 2 are very similar and there are few differences, so you might be satisfied with just one of them.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Actually Scratches looks like an atmospheric horror, I love games like these solely due to their feeling, even if gameplay is a terrible shit. So Scratches, Crash Time II and um... Pacific Storm or Space Trader? I don't think I want to buy both of them... gonna think for a while or wait until someone else tells me which and why. Or just toss a coin.

A user named cat

Scratches is a fantastic game, Jaesun isn't the only one here who would recommend it. I'm not sure if it includes them now but there were a couple patches released after director's cut came out. One of them a patch update to fix some bugs and the other a full graphic overhaul. I'd suggest grabbing them both. Links below.

Update Patch
Overhaul Patch

slp90

Barely Literate
Bundle Stars have a new bundle up.

www.bundlestars.com

Shattered Horizon
Nuclear Dawn
Two Worlds II - Castle Defense
Planets Under Attack
Iron Grip: Warlord
Holy Avatar vs. Maidens of the Dead (new Grotesque Tactics game)
Ion Assault
X-Blades
Two Worlds II

~ £3.94 / $5

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

:hmmm:

The games are:
- Slam bolt scrappers
- blood bowl
- constant c
- fairy bloom freesia
- paranautical activity
- patrician IV
- Drakensang

Multi-headed Cow

Drakensang? Damn it. Bought that during the Christmas sale. I done fucked up.

And fingers crossed the flavor of Blood Bowl is chaos edition. I doubt it will be, but I hope. I HOPE.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
What a terrible fucking video. I'll probably still end up buying it, though. Drakensang isn't otherwise available in my country.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They're all basically the same game. Well, Alien Hallway is a bit different but it isn't any good. The 'Shooter' games are, indeed, carbon copies of each other.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Back when I was in school we used to play Alien Shooter 1 in the computer lab when we had nothing better to do. That's really all it's good for, tbh. A time-waster for if you've got nothing better to do.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom