Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Dead Space 3 just isn't on Steam at all, like BF3, so there's no way they could offer a Steam key.

I'm sure this is reputation damage control after Sim City, but it's still a damn good deal. Best of all, if you hate EA, you can get a bunch of their games legally without giving them a cent now. In fact, giving them money isn't even an option on this bundle, they're giving it all to charity.

Now I'm feeling bad for getting Mirror's edge for 2.5 or 5 dollars, can't remember which. Now it's not just 'Never buy an indie game for more than one dollar', but 'Never buy a game for more than one dollar'.

Bitcher1

Cipher
Anyone knows how increasing the pledge works? The average dropped to 4,50 so I thought I'd drop in that additional buck but on the page with my keys it still says that I need to pay 5,70 to unlock the remaining games.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
This is probably a daring marketing move to bring more people into Origin... not bad, but offering the Steam keys kind of spoiled the deal for them.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So, it's charity or Humble tip only. Who should I give my €??? :?
If you are not american then I recommend watsi, since it is the only one not solely for americans. if you are in a trolly mood then donate to human rights campaign:
As the largest civil rights organization working to achieve equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Americans, the Human Rights Campaign represents a force of more than 1.5 million members and supporters nationwide — all committed to making HRC’s vision a reality.

Don Peste

Arcane
So, it's charity or Humble tip only. Who should I give my €??? :?
If you are not american then I recommend watsi, since it is the only one not solely for americans. if you are in a trolly mood then donate to human rights campaign:
As the largest civil rights organization working to achieve equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Americans, the Human Rights Campaign represents a force of more than 1.5 million members and supporters nationwide — all committed to making HRC’s vision a reality.
Of course I am not un americano! I donated to watsi, we need our negroes strong and healthy.

Alchemist

Arcane
Whoring for charity is cool by me. I threw them $5 - I'll probably never play these except the Dead Spaces though. Maybe Mirror's Edge. Too bad there aren't any RPGs on there.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Say, maybe some of you know this, I've bought a gift code for my brother. Problem is he can't probably redeem it until September. If the gift code's just sitting in my inbox, will he get the BTA games they'll maybe add later if he redeems the code after the bundle's finished?

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Yep, any games added afterwards are added for bundle buyers. I think even if you paid only $1 for the bundle, they add the new games to your bundle despite the fact that those games are only unlocked if you BTA as a new buyer.

I recently went through all my old bundles and found a bunch of new games they added afterwards.

Alchemist

Arcane
Oops, apparently Origin's activation server can't handle the load:

SinRsCL.jpg

Stabwound

Arcane
You know you're a terrible person when you don't even want to spend $1 for these games because you could get them for less.

Is BF3 any good, though? I have never been into competitive FPS games but $5 seems decent.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
It looks nice, has awesome sound design and has a nice mix between arcadey gameplay and some "authentic" feel (aka not full on derp like Call of Duty). Lots of different weapons, game modes and maps. Can't do anything wrong for 5 bucks imo.

Alchemist

Arcane
Oops, apparently Origin's activation server can't handle the load:

Try it again, I could redeem them all some minutes before finally.

I'll just wait til things settle down - I'm in no particular rush to play these I just thought it was funny that EA didn't see this coming.

You know you're a terrible person when you don't even want to spend $1 for these games because you could get them for less.

Is BF3 any good, though? I have never been into competitive FPS games but $5 seems decent.
I had some good fun with the original Battlefield 1942, years ago on an office LAN with co-workers. I'm sure a lot has changed in recent versions though.

A user named cat

Fuck Sims 3 and its horrible load times. You can seriously masturbate x3 by the time the game and neighborhood are fully loaded, even on an SSD.

Anyway, I have no use for these Origin keys either but only grabbed the dollar bundle.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Where's the Electronic Frontier Foundation? I always give them all my money.

jfrisby

Cipher
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Watsi seems like the best option, or cancer or aids. I accidentally gave my $1 to Human Rights campaign, before realizing they're the folks throwing a fit over the Olympics [rightly] not allowing their politics.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom