Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
The only charity I give money to is for my car insurrance.

Dexter

Arcane
As long as EA doesn't get any money, I think I'm okay with this. I usually gave most of my dough to the ESA too though, since I know they do some actual work.
Most of these "charities" are usually not what they appear though, any idea/details which of them do proper work?

jfrisby

Cipher
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong
charitywatch.org occasionally publishes ratings based on "percentage to cause." I think it's fair to say the ones you've heard of spend a good percentage on marketing.

Dexter

Arcane
charitywatch.org occasionally publishes ratings based on "percentage to cause." I think it's fair to say the ones you've heard of spend a good percentage on marketing.
Well, after only cursory glance, both the "Human Rights Campaign" and the "San Francisco AIDS Foundation" seem to be US-based LGBT/gay rights groups: http://www.sfaf.org/hiv-info/hot-topics/from-the-experts/how-marriage-equality-fights-hiv.html
And the "American Cancer Society" seems to rather pay their CEOs: http://www.forbes.com/sites/investo...lar-nonprofit-ceo-salary-as-bad-as-it-sounds/
http://www.charitywatch.org/articles/eyepoppingpay.html

kazgar

Arcane
I just gave all the money to the humble store, because having to deal with EA on any business level must be fucking annoying so they deserve it the most.

Also, $1 for a couple of steam games is ok, gonna pop some moles.

FuelBlooded

Scholar
In need of some more space magic - which games are going to be in the origin bundle next week?

Bruticis

Really? People need a breakdown on all these fucking obscure charities when paying a buck?! Just randomly pick something and get your keys. Protip, your one dollar isn't going to do jack shit. Somehow i bet you'll still be able to look at yourself in the mirror knowing faggots in San Fransisco just got 03 cents from your transaction.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Really? People need a breakdown on all these fucking obscure charities when paying a buck?! Just randomly pick something and get your keys. Protip, your one dollar isn't going to do jack shit. Somehow i bet you'll still be able to look at yourself in the mirror knowing faggots in San Fransisco just got 03 cents from your transaction.
Total payments:
$3,560,974.97
Number of purchases:

So three and a half million of dollars means nothing at all?

Bruticis

Total payments:
$3,560,974.97
Number of purchases:

So three and a half million of dollars means nothing at all?
You donated 3.5 million dollars, did you?

Garm

Learned

Some of the big are also just huge because they've been around for so long and idiots just don't know others exist. This then leads to the problem of the larger ones "taking" donations (i.e. because people onated X money to charity Y they feel they don't need to donate to charity Z) from smaller ones with less funded causes that actually could use the money more.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
dHgtwGC.png

Bonus shit incoming. Big bundle with turd bonus pack.

Especially MoH:A. Not only (obligatory) shitty sequel of the sequel but also with lovely ss-terminators, walking rape machines.
FFS

Alchemist

Arcane
Well at least they aren't going to troll us and put Aliens: Colonial Marines in there.

A user named cat

What about Crysis 1, dammit? It's still a good benchmarking tool after mods, looks amazing and is fun to mess around in once in a while. Guess I'll have to hold onto pirated version. Will probably never install Cry2 because it looked boring as hell.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Same to me - Crysis is most boring pile of dirt in first person perspective I've ever played.Saw Crysis 2, 13GB to download? nope
It have similiar problem to Bulletstorm - pure shooting is boring like hell, only tricks save it from throwing to trash bin with leash powered by enhanced fist.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Penguins Arena = new CDS OFFICIAL multiplayer game? Only one I somewhat want is the Specforce + Chrome pair. Maybe I'll wait and see if they do a one-of day so I can save my precious sixty cents rather than waste it on shit like Grotesque Tactics.

Overboard

Arcane
Groupees has the Be Mine 9 bundle available now, some good games within:

$1 tier:
The Whispered Word
Mini Motor Racing Evo
Splatter
Depths of Peril
+Particulars

$5 tier:
Eador Genesis & MotBW + Soundtrack
Ittle Dew + Soundtrack
Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can + Soundtrack
Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages + Soundtrack + Novel

deuxhero

Arcane
So I finally got around to playing Risen after getting it in the DS bundle.

How do I switch the VA to the German originals?

Dexter

Arcane
So I finally got around to playing Risen after getting it in the DS bundle.

How do I switch the VA to the German originals?
If you got it on Steam, try right-clicking the game --> Properties --> Language and switch to German.

Alternatively try changing the values in Risen/data/ini/ConfigDefault.xml for VoiceLanguage and/or SubtitleLanguage

deuxhero

Arcane
I think it's a combination of those two (select German to DL the German files, then do that after turning back) Thanks.

FuelBlooded

Scholar
The Origin bundle still hasn't added new games. Strange.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom