Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Turn-Based Tactics The Lamplighters League - turn-based tactics in pulp 1930s setting from Harebrained Schemes

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The chest and shoulders give that away as a guy. Asian guys can just be feminine-looking.

But yes, like most games coming out now, this will be black, queer, and feminist. The lead writer identifies as a nonbinary bisexual. The other female writer is "deeply invested in a feminist, female-focused dramaturgy" and likes "to joke that any story or piece of media [she] likes, [she]’d enjoy more if it had a female protagonist, or more lesbians, or both." And finally there's Shobo the writer of African SciFi & Fantasy. But fortunately the Dreamworks-esque art style alone is enough to filter out the kinds of people who can't stand this stuff.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
fire all professional game writers and give writing duties to the smelliest programmer in the room
he'll come up with the most fun shit everyone will enjoy

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I got banned from the Battletech Steam forum for asking why I cant make a blond character back in the day, so I guess I wont be getting this lel.

Not a fan of the art style, but I guess the gameplay might have at least some potential... which is bound to get drowned under the sea of pozzed shit.

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
Their stylization for the characters would be that much more palatable if they just made the eyes smaller.
It's the nose. There's a reason anime minimizes it so much: The nose has almost no ability to express, and most of what little it does have can be achieved with a hand alone. Nose shouldn't be a third of a character's face.

Skorpion

Educated
All I see in the screen shots of gameplay are crates, so many crates... oh and some pallets and barrels, then more crates.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
All I see in the screen shots of gameplay are crates, so many crates... oh and some pallets and barrels, then more crates.
raiders_of_the_lost_ark_warehouse_scene.jpg

It belongs in a museum!

AndyS

Augur
I love pulp fiction but this is "pulp fiction". Looks very unappealing.

HansDampf

Arcane
Back in 2012 the industry was trying to convince us that turn-based tactics is a boring, outdated genre, and nobody wants to play it anymore. Someone must have used the monkey's paw to wish for a revival, hoping for more games like X-COM and JA2, because Firaxis delivered with nuXCOM, and since then we've been bombarded with turn-based tactics, ... but it's all 2AP systems now!
:mixedemotions:

Delterius

Arcane
Back in 2012 the industry was trying to convince us that turn-based tactics is a boring, outdated genre, and nobody wants to play it anymore. Someone must have used the monkey's paw to wish for a revival, hoping for more games like X-COM and JA2, because Firaxis delivered with nuXCOM, and since then we've been bombarded with turn-based tactics, ... but it's all 2AP systems now!
:mixedemotions:
larian are the chosen ones, bringing D&D back from the grave BG1 buried it in

razvedchiki

Magister
was hoping for a new shadowrun/battletech game, anyways this doesnt look bad. really hope though that they will optimise it better than battletech and will run better.
one thing that i like is that it seems that there will be a roster of agents to play with and not 3 guys/gals the whole campaign.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
2-AP system, lots of 100% to-hit changes on screenshots, 30's pulp.
There might be just slightest change that this isn't as boring as Pathway which did all those things before.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I enjoyed Renowned Explorer (great game btw) and if this can be as fun as that then I am game.
In that case, you might also enjoy

(Also has a sequel, but that one doesn't have the same sort of charm.)

tried it a bit today

So far seems it is much more "gamey" or maybe game-boardy roguelike element instead of a "normal" game.

Quite fun but randomness and difficulty is a bit daunting. Still thanks for the rec.

nimateb

Augur
Is the game from the Dragonfall team or the Battletech team? The later should be destroyed and whatever is left should go into clerical jobs.

nimateb

Augur
Is the game from the Dragonfall team or the Battletech team? The later should be destroyed and whatever is left should go into clerical jobs.
The Battletech team was the Dragonfall team.
Nah I distinctly remember that someone (I think a bald black dude?) that worked on battletech saying that he didn't even give a shit about encounter design and combat in that game. Both the writing and the combat took a nosedive from shadowrun so if its the same managers then at least the good workers left or were working on something else.

nimateb

Augur
Also, was looking for said interview and I found a post by rusty_shackleford that said:

HBS will never make anything close to dragonfall again.
compare the credits of dragonfall to battletech
https://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/shadowrun-dragonfall/credits
https://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/battletech/credits

Half the people listed in shadowrun are interns, temps, or QA. The core team was very small. And many of those people are either missing or had very minor roles in battletech per the credits.

Right above a Roguey post.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom