Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Of Us 2 - now with protagonist-murdering trannies

KVVRR

Learned

sullynathan

Arcane
Watched the gameplay video, these people over at ND are sick fucks, the game looks like a snuff film... They glorify violence, despair and mutilation in every detail, like we should be impressed with it.
If it feels sadistic then they're doing their job right.

More like 4 years. Most games will be cross-gen for quite a while.
That's besides the point

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Indeed, except for I simplified the choice (do you let them kill the girl for a *chance* to get the cure or not) and you simplified the narrative (a deranged man kills scientists working on a cure).
Your entire analogy with the context is completely off, in order for that choice to be a real moral conundrum it SHOULD be presented without any emotional attachment to any party involved.

I'll literally draw a picture:

image-20150916-29630-figaj3.png

THIS is an actual moral quandary. Now imagine you start polluting it with moving background stories about that dude on the right or the chick by the lever. You'd turn this into a fucking eintopf, clouding and muddying everything with feelz.
phhqLfE.jpg

The fireflies are not just the armed grunts sent to take Ellie, and the end loses some of the impact if Joel was just rescuing her from some idiots who would just fruitlessly kill her, so I assumed the group was capable of producing a cure/vaccine. (I don't think you can cure people with mushrooms for a head)

Codex Year of the Donut
Indeed, except for I simplified the choice (do you let them kill the girl for a *chance* to get the cure or not) and you simplified the narrative (a deranged man kills scientists working on a cure).
Your entire analogy with the context is completely off, in order for that choice to be a real moral conundrum it SHOULD be presented without any emotional attachment to any party involved.

I'll literally draw a picture:

image-20150916-29630-figaj3.png

THIS is an actual moral quandary. Now imagine you start polluting it with moving background stories about that dude on the right or the chick by the lever. You'd turn this into a fucking eintopf, clouding and muddying everything with feelz.
if the one on the right is a family member I'm killing the ones on the left every time
I know she isn't his daughter, but he lost his daughter and she basically became his surrogate daughter.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Watched the gameplay video, these people over at ND are sick fucks, the game looks like a snuff film... They glorify violence, despair and mutilation in every detail, like we should be impressed with it.

Its another SJW thing, they are obsessed with physical violence against anything seen as 'the enemy'. Clearly part of their weird social dysfunction syndrome and lack of empathy for other people.

Codex Year of the Donut
(I don't think you can cure people with mushrooms for a head)
Why not?
It's a fungal infection, albeit a severe one. A vaccine is a complete nonstarter, it's too damn late and there's no way to mass distribute it.

So how the shit do you cure millions of zombie fungus people while also making sure people don't get it again?
A genetically engineered airborne mycovirus designed to stay latent in a human host for their entire life, and have extremely high transmission rates. Cures it, inoculates it, becomes widespread without any effort required from humans.
I'm not a medical/biochem expert, but it seems plausible enough to be sci-fi to me.
:M

Wunderbar

Arcane
they want player to feel bad for playing the game.

Terenty

Liturgist
This game is cringe incarnate.

All that violence, long faces, grim dark realistic end of the world depiction...meet Ellie a 19 year old lesbian girl killing hundreds of people on her own without a flinch lol

Neroon

Novice
Well it's a game who's underlying deep moral and thought-provoking message seems to be: "If you are going to kill someone, make sure to also kill their entire family to safeguard yourself and your loved one against potential future revenge." So that kinda fits with it's overarching theme :roll: .

sullynathan

Arcane
This game is cringe incarnate.

All that violence, long faces, grim dark realistic end of the world depiction...meet Ellie a 19 year old lesbian girl killing hundreds of people on her own without a flinch lol
If it's like the previous game, the number you will kill will be a few dozen at best. Last of Us never had large encounters. A big shootout might have 10 human enemies at max.

This is also ignoring all the stealth you can do to bypass enemies

sullynathan

Arcane
Also fungus monsters, whatever they're called. There were some shooting sections against them in the first one.
Well, they're not really human anymore are they and most encounters with fungus also have very small numbers too. Usually a dozen max. IIRC, the biggest encounter was the end of the game with all the fireflies in that facility.

Regardless of the shit Codexers are flinging, TLOU tends to straw away from the usual "one man army kills hundreds of people" like many other games do.

MapMan

Arcane
Also I find it ironic that Cuckman and co. fight so hard for equal representation they made all the most vile motherfuckers women. That's the way to go!

OctavianRomulus

Learned
Also I find it ironic that Cuckman and co. fight so hard for equal representation they made all the most vile motherfuckers women. That's the way to go!

AND they fired one of the most respected female developers in the industry, trashed her work and still have the gall to parrot they are the champions of women.

You'd have to be a special kind of retard to actually believe them.

Well it's a game who's underlying deep moral and thought-provoking message seems to be: "If you are going to kill someone, make sure to also kill their entire family to safeguard yourself and your loved one against potential future revenge." So that kinda fits with it's overarching theme :roll: .

Worked well for this dude:

Lavrentiy_Beria_%28close-up%29.jpg

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Big fungus monster is only one encounter where you have to kill it. Otherwise you can sneak past it.

In the area where you can sneak past it is probably the most tense section of the game. You are alone in a water-flooded basement, and you have to activate a loud generator to open a keypad locked door. You can dispatch some of the infected before hand, but I think some will spawn in when you activate the generator. But what makes this area so tense besides the creepy environment is that you meet a new type of infected. The stalker I think they are called, and well, they actually stalk you. When other infected spots you they scream and attack. These dudes move around you and tries to avoid your line of sight. So when you are casually looting stuff, you might notice shadows flickering, and you might notice something in the corner of your eye thinking it's nothing, but it's the infected stalking you waiting for a moment to pounce. Very tense and paranoid moment, especially after you realize that something is actually hunting you watching your every move.

kangaxx

Arbiter
Regardless of the shit Codexers are flinging, TLOU tends to straw away from the usual "one man army kills hundreds of people" like many other games do.

It's a while since I played it, but you certainly kill more than a few dozen people (assuming you don't sneak past them). You're right about the size of the set pieces encounters though.

Doktor Best

Arcane

Its another SJW thing, they are obsessed with physical violence against anything seen as 'the enemy'. Clearly part of their weird social dysfunction syndrome and lack of empathy for other people.

So chubby asian chicks are their enemy?

Sentinel

Arcane
https://www.cnet.com/news/playstati...event-ceo-says-supplies-look-good-for-launch/
Despite the drama, Ryan said demand for the game remains strong. In one example, he noted that Sony tallied more preorders in Europe for The Last of Us Part II than it did for Marvel's Spider-Man at the same point before its launch. That 2018 superhero game, which was also a PS4 exclusive, was considered one of the best games of that year.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom