Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Of Us 2 - now with protagonist-murdering trannies

vota DC

Augur
SPOILER! I can't find the option so fckn don't read below.

Thought Joel's torture and death were senselessly bleak? Oh boy you are in for a treat. Naughty Dog has even more relentless brutality in store for you, and it involves Ellie's guitar playing.

In the final fight between Abby and Ellie, Abby bites two of Ellie's fingers off. Oh mother of god it hurts my heart just to type that. Ellie wins the fight. However, she decides not to kill Abby because she has a flashback of Joel. For some reason this flashback makes her believe that revenge is bad.

Ellie goes home, but Dina and her baby have abandoned her. She's all alone now. All she has left is the guitar that Joel lovingly taught her to play.

Except that she realizes she can't play the guitar anymore because that motherfucking she-hulk bit her fingers off.

Jesus freaking Christ.

I'm just going to pretend this game doesn't exist.
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheLastOfU...2s_ending_is_even_crueler_than_we_could_have/

Have fun!

So last duel is not to the death but to the pain?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_keWS1i3RA

KVVRR

Learned

Thought Joel's torture and death were senselessly bleak? Oh boy you are in for a treat. Naughty Dog has even more relentless brutality in store for you, and it involves Ellie's guitar playing.

In the final fight between Abby and Ellie, Abby bites two of Ellie's fingers off. Oh mother of god it hurts my heart just to type that. Ellie wins the fight. However, she decides not to kill Abby because she has a flashback of Joel. For some reason this flashback makes her believe that revenge is bad.

Ellie goes home, but Dina and her baby have abandoned her. She's all alone now. All she has left is the guitar that Joel lovingly taught her to play.

Except that she realizes she can't play the guitar anymore because that motherfucking she-hulk bit her fingers off.

Jesus freaking Christ.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheLastOfU...2s_ending_is_even_crueler_than_we_could_have/

Have fun!

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane

Jesus freaking Christ.

Have fun!

tumblr_moodl0JsFP1rpny8yo4_r1_250.gif

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
This is like Siege of Dragonspear where you need to find the two posts discussing the actual quality of the game in tbe middle of 300 pages of shitposting.

I wonder if those two games have anything in common.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Jesus freaking Christ.

Have fun!
This sounds so bad, it's probably the truth.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
These people are rotten, that's why they only see the bad in people.
Complains that people only see the bad in people

If that was true those Jews and slut feminists wouldn't be making million dollar videogames parasiting western Civilization
Sees only the bad in people himself

:deathclaw:

90% of my posts here are talking enthusiastically about games I love and their devs. How I can be like them?

How can be criticizing their tendency to portraying only ugliness and despair in their creations be like them. They are the people pushing rot on millions of persons, not me.

This game is an ugly and demoralizing mess that shows the cancer in part of the Industry, and the devs deserve the critics.

vota DC

Augur
90% of my posts here are talking enthusiastically about games I love and their devs. How I can be like them?

How can be criticizing their tendency to portraying only ugliness and despair in their creations be like them. They are the people pushing rot on millions of persons, not me.

This game is an ugly and demoralizing mess that shows the cancer in part of the Industry, and the devs deserve the critics.

I think that being malicious and seeing only bad about people could apply in something like South Park and in most of satire. This case is different. We don't have people that see the bad, we have a retarded twirling moustache evil developer that blatantly says "We don't use the word fun!" "If you kill a dog in self defense people will call the dog with his name because our purpose is to make you feel bad!" "OMG this game is so emotional, holocaust was a joke in comparison!".

Citizen

Jesus freaking Christ.

Have fun!
This sounds so bad, it's probably the truth.

Stupid excuse for the bitch with no talent. Django Reinhardt played jazz guitar with two working fingers on his hand and she can't strum some chords with 3 fingers left? Pathetic!

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

727dafdb603497bffe9ae82b6e179af81b8cc753.png

Quick-time events. Ugh.

I think that being malicious and seeing only bad about people could apply in something like South Park and in most of satire. This case is different. We don't have people that see the bad, we have a retarded twirling moustache evil developer that blatantly says "We don't use the word fun!" "If you kill a dog in self defense people will call the dog with his name because our purpose is to make you feel bad!" "OMG this game is so emotional, holocaust was a joke in comparison!".

I predicted these reactions, not that they are very difficult to predict:
If you create an story where the audience is also the main protagonist, it's too far-fetched to expect to pass a moral of the story to that audience, while at the same time you are doing everything in your power to affect them emotionally as actors.

Specifically, if you as a game designer encourage the player to preform violent and cruel actions, it's very questionable to use that game as a vehicle for pushing the moral of "violence breeds violence".

It's like if I show my child how to break glasses and encourage him, so that I can then tell him "see, breaking things on the floor is bad". But he never had the notion of breaking glasses in the first place.

This kind of author intent set up for this kind of entertainment product - I wouldn't call it "work [of art]" - stinks of an attitude of condescention towards your audience. Which is perfectly in line with what we know about Druckman and co. of course. Basically it's "I'll let you do ugly things and then wave my finger at you about how doing ugly things is bad for everyone".

KVVRR

Learned
I still don't get why'd they thought giving the player control of Abby after killing Joel in such a brutal manner would be a good idea. It'll just make people want to drop the game since they won't want to even try and sympathize with the character who just killed the main reason why they (most likely) enjoyed the first game.
Spec Ops was almost a decade ago, the mainstream is sick and tired of being told to stop being violent when violence is the only option the game allows and shows.

AwesomeButton

Patron
I still don't get why'd they thought giving the player control of Abby after killing Joel in such a brutal manner would be a good idea. It'll just make people want to drop the game since they won't want to even try and sympathize with the character who just killed the main reason why they (most likely) enjoyed the first game.
Spec Ops was almost a decade ago, the mainstream is sick and tired of being told to stop being violent when violence is the only option the game allows and shows.
Exactly!

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"The majority of the games reviewed are good" - how she explains why all games get scores between 7-10... and 10 is not a "perfect" game, so why do you expect that from a perfect score you nerd!

And the reason why journos give high scores is that they are afraid of the public and not the publishers. Alrighty then.

Lots of wtf's from that video.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I can't wait for the game to drop and the user scores. On other note: Why do so many game journalist consider movies as the ideal state for video games? I refuse to accept that the best way to tell a good story in a game is by stuffing it full with overlong cutscenes or by blasting you with so much text that you might just read a book instead. There must be a better way and a way the interactive nature of games can drive the story. This should be the ideal state: evolution instead of devolution.

AwesomeButton

Patron
I can't wait for the game to drop and the user scores. On other note: Why do so many game journalist consider movies as the ideal state for video games? I refuse to accept that the best way to tell a good story in a game is by stuffing it full with overlong cutscenes or by blasting you with so much text that you might just read a book instead. There must be a better way and a way the interactive nature of games can drive the story. This should be the ideal state: evolution instead of devolution.
Judging by the first TLOU's user score, don't hope for too radical differences.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
On other note: Why do so many game journalist consider movies as the ideal state for video games? I refuse to accept that the best way to tell a good story in a game is by stuffing it full with overlong cutscenes or by blasting you with so much text that you might just read a book instead. There must be a better way and a way the interactive nature of games can drive the story. This should be the ideal state: evolution instead of devolution.
Because they're failed journos who wanted to make it to the NYT but found nothing better than vidya reporting. They hate playing video games, and it shows whenever they cry about games being hard to beat, demanding developers to make a "cinematic mode" so games autoplay themselves. Movie games make their job easier.

Adon

Arcane
"The majority of the games reviewed are good" - how she explains why all games get scores between 7-10... and 10 is not a "perfect" game, so why do you expect that from a perfect score you nerd!

And the reason why journos give high scores is that they are afraid of the public and not the publishers. Alrighty then.

Lots of wtf's from that video.

I get the feeling that “the majority of the games reviewed are good” comes more from a standpoint of functionality and less whether or not a game is well designed. Plenty of modern games chase the latest trends and slap a number of mechanics together with no thought to cohesion/game design or the minute details that can affect the overall experience. If you look at it from that perspective, even the most mundane, filler infested, vapid open world Ubisoft game is a “good” game.

You also have to remember that the main thing a lot of these people consume is video games so their frame of reference for writing is a low, low point.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Judging by the first TLOU's user score, don't hope for too radical differences.

There are millions of rabid fans of the first game.

The question is - are they gonna rabidly defend the sequel or are they gonna be so pissed they'll downvote it to oblivion?

Maybe it will be like The Last Jedi - some fans rabidly defended it, others were up in arms but the final verdict of the history seems to be "it's bad".

Jesus freaking Christ.

Have fun!

Whoa, so deep. I guess the moral of the story is that trannies really are evil and that everyone should carry a side arm to fight off crazy people trying to bite their fingers off. Especially women, who are at heightened risk of being overpowered in melee by a man.

If anyone else has a different interpretation I'd love to hear it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom