Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Of Us 2 - now with protagonist-murdering trannies

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
They are telling you that is useless to sincerely repent, try to compensate offense or apologize to them, like conservatives do. You are going to be an enemy no matter what.

Yep, my first thought after seeing this.

Reminds me of what commies did in my country in the 1950s. A lot of rich liberals supported their revolution and donated money to them. Most ended up executed, in prison or in uranium mines anyway.

If only all the CNN journos could see a few years into their future. Can't wait for that fool Cuomo scooping up raw uranium with his bare hands lol.

Don't let unquantifiably unqualified retard write a game, especially for series that owe 100% of it's success to writing.
The funniest thing is that reviewers aren't allowed to talk about Abby and her gameplay sections.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm actually surprised a word like "bigot" even survived the apocalypse. Considering she was born into this world, and yet she says it with ease like some Californian college student.
It was my first thought when I heard it too.

They are telling you that is useless to sincerely repent, try to compensate offense or apologize to them, like conservatives do. You are going to be an enemy no matter what.

The lesson is very clear.
I just finished watching the leak to the end, and I think it's more open to interpretation. The superficial reaction to this scene would be to side with Ellie if you are the same insecure little dipshit that she is, or side with Maria if you are a balanced person. I think this scene is actually meant to foreshadow and summarize the bigger conflict that the story is about. The older and more empathetic Maria is trying to encourage the younger, and more black-vs-white person that is Ellie to learn to see the world through the eyes of the other side, and resolve differences through empathy and understanding, as opposed to conflict and shutting out the person with a different view. When you live in a post-apoc commune it's difficult to "cancel" people like your regular snowflake finds preferable to do - instead you have to face those with a different outlook on life and learn to live with them, that's what's harder.

I'm pretty sure this whole game will present just part of Ellie's arc, and eventually we'll get to see some kind of "TLOU3: Redemption", where Ellie will have to be in Maria's role towards some other character who will be "her younger self".

The story is still a dumb movie however, my mind is unchanged. I hate it when in movies they do this thing, and they've done it in the game as well - they try to pretend they are very edgy, gritty and realistic about characters and story, and suddenly they break their own rules by putting a character in a situation where he wouldn't realistically survive, and yet he survives.

There is no conceivable reason Abby's gang would have left Tommy or Ellie alive, so what was the point in directing this whole scene that way, so that all three of them with Joel would end up getting captured, but Tommy and Ellie would be left alive. Typical dumb movie writing.

Combine this with zero or next to zero replayability, hardly any changes to the stealth gameplay, and you have one balnd and depressing game, at least in my opinion, that's only interesting as a tech showcase.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"B-roll provided by Sony"
They cant show a fucking thing yet till it releases. This embargo crap is retarded.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm actually surprised a word like "bigot" even survived the apocalypse. Considering she was born into this world, and yet she says it with ease like some Californian college student.
It was my first thought when I heard it too.

The lesson is very clear.
I just finished watching the leak to the end, and I think it's more open to interpretation. The superficial reaction to this scene would be to side with Ellie if you are the same insecure little dipshit that she is, or side with Maria if you are a balanced person. I think this scene is actually meant to foreshadow and summarize the bigger conflict that the story is about. The older and more empathetic Maria is trying to encourage the younger, and more black-vs-white person that is Ellie to learn to see the world through the eyes of the other side, and resolve differences through empathy and understanding, as opposed to conflict and shutting out the person with a different view. When you live in a post-apoc commune it's difficult to "cancel" people like your regular snowflake finds preferable to do - instead you have to face those with a different outlook on life and learn to live with them, that's what's harder.

I'm pretty sure this whole game will present just part of Ellie's arc, and eventually we'll get to see some kind of "TLOU3: Redemption", where Ellie will have to be in Maria's role towards some other character who will be "her younger self".

The story is still a dumb movie however, my mind is unchanged. I hate it when in movies they do this thing, and they've done it in the game as well - they try to pretend they are very edgy, gritty and realistic about characters and story, and suddenly they break their own rules by putting a character in a situation where he wouldn't realistically survive, and yet he survives.

There is no conceivable reason Abby's gang would have left Tommy or Ellie alive, so what was the point in directing this whole scene that way, so that all three of them with Joel would end up getting captured, but Tommy and Ellie would be left alive. Typical dumb movie writing.

Combine this with zero or next to zero replayability, hardly any changes to the stealth gameplay, and you have one balnd and depressing game, at least in my opinion, that's only interesting as a tech showcase.

I'm tired of this edgy and false vision of the human kind, portraying everyone as psychopathic murderers in times of scarcity and hardness.

If that was true those Jews and slut feminists wouldn't be making million dollar videogames parasiting western Civilization, they would be on caves.

Human beings collaborate with their neighbours to survive and build societies, love and sacrifice themselves for their loved ones.

These people are rotten, that's why they only see the bad in people.

Last edited:

Tehdagah

Arcane
"B-roll provided by Sony"
They cant show a fucking thing yet till it releases. This embargo crap is retarded.
They are trying to postpone the review bombing by people who didn't play the game but want to sabotage it.

Machocruz

Arcane
I'm tired of this edgy and false vision of the human kind, portraying everyone as psychopathic murderers in times of scarcity and hardness.

If that was true those Jews and slut feminists wouldn't be making million dollar videogames parasiting western Civilization, they would be on caves.

Human beings collaborate with their neighbours to survive and build societies, love and sacrifice themselves for their loved ones.

These people is rotten, that's why they only see the bad in people.
It's like Jordan Peterson said, these people see life as hierarchies of dominance.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Reading "emotional" responses to themes that TLoU2 is clearly clumsily tackling reminds me of that one blog post Simon Pegg once wrote about nerd culture being childish. Worse part is the factually wrong statement about every game nowadays being a John Wick movie. We've always known these people lived in a sort of bubble, but you'd think people who dedicate themselves to writing about this medium would expand and broaden their horizons beyond what gets the most marketing.

Tex Murphy is more worthy of an emotional response than this.
I looked up and read said blog post. Starts off well but quickly turns apologetic, pity. It's definitely something I've noticed and thought about more and more recently though. Masses of people in the west are slowly chugging towards a cliff on a train of infantile pop culture, simplistic morality, group-think, socio-political-tribalism and so on. There are many artists nowadays who like the people at Naughty Dog are in this ivory tower, living lives with little meaning and trying desperately to place themselves on some pedestal with their head in the clouds concerned with lofty ideals to compensate for this, whilst completiely having lost touch with reality. The ideological fervor must always increase, the politics must become ever more radical, society must kow-tow to them more and more over time because they are unable to satiate the inner need for meaning and personal development but hey, politics is mature, right? We're analyzing and finding problems in our society and fighting for change which is what all the great people of the past have done, right? So why is it not enough? It's never enough. Your mass-market consumerist piece of entertainment about lesbians will seem so absurd once you're rotting in the globohomo gulag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTNdWilZ8Ek

It's like Jordan Peterson said, these people see life as hierarchies of dominance.
Totally unfair, arbitrary hierarchies of power relations between the opressors and the opressed, rather. I wish post-modernism had a neck so I could strangle it.

Last edited:

Tehdagah

Arcane

Africa is a paradise indeed.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Africa is a paradise indeed.

There is evil and good in this world, also in Africa. Postmodern authors seem to focus always only on the bad and ugly. Like going to a park and only taking pictures of dog shit and ugly insects; then showing them as a "realistic portray" of the park.

They are rotten, and trying to drag everyone to Hell.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
727dafdb603497bffe9ae82b6e179af81b8cc753.png

Quick-time events. Ugh.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
SPOILER! I can't find the option so fckn don't read below.

Thought Joel's torture and death were senselessly bleak? Oh boy you are in for a treat. Naughty Dog has even more relentless brutality in store for you, and it involves Ellie's guitar playing.

In the final fight between Abby and Ellie, Abby bites two of Ellie's fingers off. Oh mother of god it hurts my heart just to type that. Ellie wins the fight. However, she decides not to kill Abby because she has a flashback of Joel. For some reason this flashback makes her believe that revenge is bad.

Ellie goes home, but Dina and her baby have abandoned her. She's all alone now. All she has left is the guitar that Joel lovingly taught her to play.

Except that she realizes she can't play the guitar anymore because that motherfucking she-hulk bit her fingers off.

Jesus freaking Christ.

I'm just going to pretend this game doesn't exist.
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheLastOfU...2s_ending_is_even_crueler_than_we_could_have/

Have fun!

DeepOcean

Arcane
In the final fight between Abby and Ellie, Abby bites two of Ellie's fingers off. Oh mother of god it hurts my heart just to type that. Ellie wins the fight. However, she decides not to kill Abby because she has a flashback of Joel. For some reason this flashback makes her believe that revenge is bad.
This reminds me of Batman vs Superman.

Wunderbar

Arcane
SPOILER! I can't find the option so fckn don't read below.

Thought Joel's torture and death were senselessly bleak? Oh boy you are in for a treat. Naughty Dog has even more relentless brutality in store for you, and it involves Ellie's guitar playing.

Ellie goes home, but Dina and her baby have abandoned her. She's all alone now. All she has left is the guitar that Joel lovingly taught her to play.

Except that she realizes she can't play the guitar anymore because that motherfucking she-hulk bit her fingers off.

Jesus freaking Christ.

I'm just going to pretend this game doesn't exist.
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheLastOfU...2s_ending_is_even_crueler_than_we_could_have/

Have fun!
that's some Happy Tree Friends shit right here

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom