Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Of Us 2 - now with protagonist-murdering trannies

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So TL;DR would be - tranny cancels a cis white male and cuckolds the lesbo from her revenge? 10/10, unironically.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
As usual, gamers talk a big...game, but look how many rushed out to D1P this shit bomb. 3rd most viewers on Twitch right now. I mean I guess for the paid content creators it's worth it, but I wouldn't have bothered with all the warning signs, only then to complain that the warning signs were legit. All the ragging and hand wringing doesn't mean much when you are funding this garbage at the same time kek.
I dunno, a new release getting 3rd (sixth at the time of writing) the day after release doesn't seem that good a sign. Since this is a massive release I'd think it'd get higher. I don't really pay much attention to Twitch though, so I could be full of it. It seems to me anything about its success or failure will come out over the following days. Enough people will have bought it at launch to propel it to any bestseller list. But they would have bought it almost no matter what. Mostly people who genuinely liked the first game, and went in trying to avoid spoilers. No, what matters is what they tell other people. Those who don't really care one way or another. They're going to hear about it from those who pre-ordered it. Are they going to like what they hear? That is the true question.

Olinser

Savant
We are all having a good laugh at the memes, what a disaster this is and how the idiots who made this will probably never work again.

But lets not forget, probably a $100 million plus was spent on this. Loads of talent wasted. Same for all the other AAA trash games. And there is only so much investor money floating around funding these projects. This was $100 million that could have been spent to make something amazing.

I really hope this is the trigger for investors to not want any of these virtue signalling assholes use games a political propaganda, and will cause a purge in gaming studio ranks to bring back the actual talent and create more good old fashioned good games.
this game probably already turned a profit and the third game is already being planned

A bunch of people said the same thing about Andromeda when they were crowing about LUL LOOK AT THE SALES INCELS ANDROMEDA 2 COMING SOON.

Sony isn't going to thrown more money on this trash fire. They're going to do some NDA focus groups, find out the depth of the hatred that their previous fan base has for this game, and they'll quietly pull the plug. Probably with some crap about how the 'story is finished'.

Codex Year of the Donut
We are all having a good laugh at the memes, what a disaster this is and how the idiots who made this will probably never work again.

But lets not forget, probably a $100 million plus was spent on this. Loads of talent wasted. Same for all the other AAA trash games. And there is only so much investor money floating around funding these projects. This was $100 million that could have been spent to make something amazing.

I really hope this is the trigger for investors to not want any of these virtue signalling assholes use games a political propaganda, and will cause a purge in gaming studio ranks to bring back the actual talent and create more good old fashioned good games.
this game probably already turned a profit and the third game is already being planned

A bunch of people said the same thing about Andromeda when they were crowing about LUL LOOK AT THE SALES INCELS ANDROMEDA 2 COMING SOON.

Sony isn't going to thrown more money on this trash fire. They're going to do some NDA focus groups, find out the depth of the hatred that their previous fan base has for this game, and they'll quietly pull the plug. Probably with some crap about how the 'story is finished'.
Not even remotely the same scenario.
Andromeda was a spinoff made by a satellite studio. TLoU is one of the defining titles of the playstation, there's no way Sony would let it die.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I don't dispute that maybe these guys have had genuine and sincere motivations for what they are doing

Except for the deconstruction of Joel, conspicuously similar to the deconstruction of Luke and Picard.

Not that hard to figure out why are all the woke authors doing this - to symbolically destroy the patriarchal past full of positive straight white male heroes. There's nothing sincere or genuine about that, they're not even upfront about it. It's slimy, stealthy and spiteful.

All the fans that still doesn't see what is being done to their favourite IPs are the biggest fools. Woke left is pissing in their mouths and calling it rain and they still dumbly wonder where is that sour taste in their mouth coming from.
However, I think there is something more than just ideology here, there is the ideology that works as a convenient excuse, however, notice that Cuckman lives on the shadow of Amy Hennig, also Rian Johnson is nothing next George Lucas, notice that these people live on the shadow of much better people and they have a desire to destroy those people legacy because they are aware they are impotent as creators, notice their burning desire to destroy but their impotence at creating, the death of old characters on this game isnt the worst thing about it but how all new characters are incredible shiet.

Cuckman cant contiue the story of the old character because that would require someone on the level of Amy Hennig and her team so his choices was to destroy her legacy to replace with his own, the problem is that his legacy is shiet.

Danikas

Arcane
4AGNqaG.jpg

2FgEHam.png

DeepOcean

Arcane

Tell that to Ubisoft with Ass Creed Syndicate and Watch Dogs 2, people will punish a sequel heavily if the previous game was a disaster, Ubisoft lost millions and millions of dollars in potential revenue because of their incompetence. People are impulsive buyers but eventually they learn through pain.

Hellion

Arcane

vortex

Fabulous Optimist

Andromeda wasn't in full development. It got scrapped in the middle and rushed toward the end. That's the propblem of Bioware's internal politics and directors they need to solve. I believe Andromeda would have been solid game if had more time to flourish.

TloU has TV series in production. I don't believe Sony will scrap it. Although, I don't know how are they going to fix it.

Tehdagah

Arcane
In general tho I increasingly believe games will never be able to hold a candle to movies and books narrative-wise, precisely because they are interactive.
Games have enormous potential for storytelling precisely because of their interactivity, but none of it's going to be realized as long as game writers pretend to be movie directors and treat gameplay and story as separate things. Freedom of choice is a strength, a unique feature that no other medium can offer except in very limited ways (like CYOA books), yet it's treated as some sort of a hindrance that needs to be suppressed at every turn, just so that the story can play out the exact way it was intended to. Can't let the player screw up the big story moments by doing something that isn't in the script.

As long as your primary way of telling your story is through non-interactive cutscenes, you're not making proper use of your medium.
No, storytelling in videogames is awful and it always will be because 1) talented writers work on other media; 2) it diminishes the gameplay. Videogames should stop wasting time with storytelling.

Jak 4 when?

Tehdagah

Arcane
I don't dispute that maybe these guys have had genuine and sincere motivations for what they are doing

Except for the deconstruction of Joel, conspicuously similar to the deconstruction of Luke and Picard.

Not that hard to figure out why are all the woke authors doing this - to symbolically destroy the patriarchal past full of positive straight white male heroes. There's nothing sincere or genuine about that, they're not even upfront about it. It's slimy, stealthy and spiteful.

All the fans that still doesn't see what is being done to their favourite IPs are the biggest fools. Woke left is pissing in their mouths and calling it rain and they still dumbly wonder where is that sour taste in their mouth coming from.
?

Rian Johnson's portrayal of Luke is about how a flawed person can be a positive hero (see: the whole last arc of the movie). It also redeemed the Republic-era Jedi.

However, I think there is something more than just ideology here, there is the ideology that works as a convenient excuse, however, notice that Cuckman lives on the shadow of Amy Hennig, also Rian Johnson is nothing next George Lucas, notice that these people live on the shadow of much better people and they have a desire to destroy those people legacy because they are aware they are impotent as creators, notice their burning desire to destroy but their impotence at creating, the death of old characters on this game isnt the worst thing about it but how all new characters are incredible shiet.
The Last Jedi actually acknowledges and completes the themes of Episode 1-3 (mostly about how the Jedi caused their own downfall for caring too much about dogmas while ignoring their feelings) In the end Luke does exactly the opposite, so in fact the movie enriches the series' legacy.

You guys don't need to see politics in everything.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Tell that to Ubisoft with Ass Creed Syndicate and Watch Dogs 2, people will punish a sequel heavily if the previous game was a disaster, Ubisoft lost millions and millions of dollars in potential revenue because of their incompetence. People are impulsive buyers but eventually they learn through pain.

It's the sequels to poorly received titles in big franchises that bomb though. People who loved Last of Us don't have the restraint to not get the sequel, but if they hate it then they will have much more ability to resist Last of Us 3. Andromeda bombed at least in part due to the reaction to ME3, I feel. Think Batman Forever and Batman & Robin.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
If you got a review copy and you badmouthed the game then you would probably get blacklisted by Sony. That pretty much explain the 10/10 scores.

vmj6j8r8b3651.jpg

zrzisp84w4651.png

Last edited:

cosmicray

Savant

There is probably no way Sony pulls EA with "fixing the ending" of Mass Effect 3*? I wish Sony would just straight up fired Druckmann and announced this whole game as non-canon. Would be epic. They probably won't do anything unless their shares start to drop.

* - I'm actually was really surprised at the outrage with ME3's ending.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom