Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Of Us 2 - now with protagonist-murdering trannies

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
they would either demand a refund

Can you refund a physical game? No idea how things are today, haven't bought a physical game for 15 years.

Makes sense they decided to paint her as a "racist" as well, since they are gradually revealing her as the antagonist during TLOU2.

The "That's obviously what I meant" was ND's idea of snarky sarkasm. She's a rug muncher, remember.

cosmicray

Savant
Kojima made arguably the first iteration of this bullshit with his Raiden bait and switch with MGS2.
Still pissed about that and it its been almost two decades.
I haven't witnessed this that time and played MGS2 years later, but it was a bit of trolling from Kojima. Plus Snake was there all the way story-wise. Kojima just fucked with the fans Kaufman-style. Nothing was lost there. And the game was top notch.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Hm, I always wondered why would someone read\watch\listen a review and take whatever opinion is there as fact on whether or not that person will like the game.
Personally, I just watch gameplay videos and read interviews. Just gameplay, honestly, that's all you really need. It's kind of shocking how much info you can extract from an interview with the devs\writers\director etc. For example, Sekiro. After reading all the interviews, all of them, I knew exactly how the game will be, how it's gonna play, the difficulty, the options, the traversal, a bunch of stuff. Combined with the gameplay shown, it was clear. Only later to find on forums that "Waaaa, this Dark Souls 4 is not".
I do occasionally watch or read a review, but only after I finished a game, or during some moments of gameplay or to have a laugh, but the reviews never hold any weight in my decision making.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I don't dispute that maybe these guys have had genuine and sincere motivations for what they are doing

Except for the deconstruction of Joel, conspicuously similar to the deconstruction of Luke and Picard.

Not that hard to figure out why are all the woke authors doing this - to symbolically destroy the patriarchal past full of positive straight white male heroes. There's nothing sincere or genuine about that, they're not even upfront about it. It's slimy, stealthy and spiteful.

All the fans that still doesn't see what is being done to their favourite IPs are the biggest fools. Woke left is pissing in their mouths and calling it rain and they still dumbly wonder where is that sour taste in their mouth coming from.

Sodafish

Arcane
Can you refund a physical game?

Don't see why not. In most countries you have a statutory period within which you can return physical items for a full refund, provided they are undamaged.

cosmicray

Savant
The thing is that killing the main character in such an arbitrary and unexpected manner can work, as it does in No Country For Old Men when Josh Brolin's character is just killed off screen by a bunch of garden variety thugs after struggling through 3/4 of the movie against Javier Bardem's relentless killer. It subverts the expectation of the audience of a happy ending after all the struggle and highlight that in this world there are no happy endings.
Dude, don't spoil the story in a medium where it actually matters.

cosmicray

Savant
Kojima made arguably the first iteration of this bullshit with his Raiden bait and switch with MGS2.
One thing that Kojimbo did right is that he didn't shit on established, beloved characters with his bait & switch. At the end of MGS2, snake was still as cool as ever.
Actually, it might be the other way around. Snake was cool because you weren't playing him. He knew what was going on while Raiden was completely clueless. Plus you have whole idea that Raiden is a player(you), who doesn't know shit. Maybe I'm giving too much credit to Kojima here, but if that was his intention, then it was a right choice. "Bait-and-switch" probably came later.

So Ellie decides murder is bad after killing these two (presumably innocent) people along with the hundreds of other nameless NPCs that will be killed over the course of this game, but before killing Abby, the actual murderer of Joel who additionally bites her fingers off in the final battle?

How the fuck does that make sense?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

I love this. Owen is probably the most retarded character after Abby.

4pa6tafwdz551.jpg

Last edited:

typical user

Arbiter
Watched the first of hour of this game and jeez corporate don't know how to properly write LGBT. Like the game tries to make a huge deal that two girls kissing each other while I as a viewer didn't really care as opposed to expected shock. I think the problem isn't with characters with "different tastes" it's more like companies try to get that sweet stacks of money without doing the research and giving the writing to complete amateurs. Also I heard about the ending which makes no goddamn sense. It seems to me the game was forced into development to end PS4 life-cycle and also to appease certain now popular social-movements. I think in years to come people will move away from them to even more scandallous trends that give easy advertisement. Meanwhile games like TLoU2 will remain as a sad remainder of what happens when you let stakeholders decide on games' artistic vision and development.

Last edited:

cosmicray

Savant
Btw, how could Abby knew they were Miller brothers? Was it somehow explained? I only see them using their first names.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So Ellie decides murder is bad after killing these two (presumably innocent) people along with the hundreds of other nameless NPCs that will be killed over the course of this game, but before killing Abby, the actual murderer of Joel who additionally bites her fingers off in the final battle?

How the fuck does that make sense?
I guess when she sees Abby defeated and Abby's brother (or whatever he is) unconscious in the boat and at her mercy, she gets a flashback that now Abby is in the place where Joel was when he decided to murder Abby's parents, and Ellie *understands* that she (Ellie) is provoking the fear and aggression in Abby who is looking to protect Lev. Ellie decides to "break the wheel".

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Games have enormous potential for storytelling precisely because of their interactivity, but none of it's going to be realized as long as game writers pretend to be movie directors and treat gameplay and story as separate things. Freedom of choice is a strength, a unique feature that no other medium can offer except in very limited ways (like CYOA books), yet it's treated as some sort of a hindrance that needs to be suppressed at every turn, just so that the story can play out the exact way it was intended to.

:brodex:

The difference is the PC 's switch in MGS2 was absolutely essential to that game's plot and served to drive home most of it's points.

In this game it exists solely because of Cuckman's diversity agenda, to boost his ego and finally so he could bury off the last remnants of Amy's influence on this franchise.

cosmicray

Savant
Games have enormous potential for storytelling precisely because of their interactivity, but none of it's going to be realized as long as game writers pretend to be movie directors and treat gameplay and story as separate things. Freedom of choice is a strength, a unique feature that no other medium can offer except in very limited ways (like CYOA books), yet it's treated as some sort of a hindrance that needs to be suppressed at every turn, just so that the story can play out the exact way it was intended to.
Choice is also a saving grace of that other Hollywood wannabe David Cage. Interactivity is games' unique aesthetic feature - use it.

Btw, how could Abby knew they were Miller brothers? Was it somehow explained? I only see them using their first names.

It's simple: Abby kills anyone named Joel.
And some Joel who guessed right would be spared?

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Just imagine this...
Someone spent months just to animate that sex scene.
Someone got out of the office at 2AM only to return at 6AM so they could get the brains coming out of Joel's skull just right.
Someone put an irrecoverable strain on their mental health and relationships because they had to watch Live Leaks and Best Gore snuff films as research.
Someone wasted 6 years of their lives developing this trash.

JUST

c3b.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom