Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Of Us 2 - now with protagonist-murdering trannies

Silverfish

Arbiter
qvzs8xi7w9651.jpg

Protip: the biggest issue of this game's writing is being a sequel to the first TLoU.

I'm pretty sure the bone of contention is Abby knowing that Joel is the "Joel" he's looking for based on nothing but a first name and a general location, not that a man living in a zombie apocalypse would agree to travel to safehouses.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
I think everybody is dancing a bit around the elephant in the room because they’re afraid to prove the SJWs right: playing Abby is not only terrible because of what she did (murdering the beloved main character of the first game), but also because of what she is: a disgusting she-hulk. Seriously, every sane person should be reviled by the idea of having to play as that abomination. I’m not saying you have to identify strongly with the character you are playing in a game, but some basic connection must be there. I simply don’t care for a game where I play as that disgusting thing, period.

(For the record, I would never waste time or money on dreck such as The Last of Us anyway)

Codex Year of the Donut
qvzs8xi7w9651.jpg

Protip: the biggest issue of this game's writing is being a sequel to the first TLoU.

I'm pretty sure the bone of contention is Abby knowing that Joel is the "Joel" he's looking for based on nothing but a first name and a general location, not that a man living in a zombie apocalypse would agree to travel to safehouses.
If someone told me they were Joel I'd assume they were the Joel I was looking for because that's a stupid name that only 5 people in the world have, and 4 of them died in the apocalypse

sullynathan

Arcane
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...-of-us-part-2-smashes-sales-records-uk-charts

Welp, Sorry guys. Breaks UK sales records, Sony's fastest selling game in UK. If this continues in America, then all the online outrage will be useless.

Sony is going to sell lots of copies, then release it again in a few months on PS5 and sell even more copies. If they lose profits this time, it will be because of no multiplayer and microtransactions like the first game.

The Jester

Cipher
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...-of-us-part-2-smashes-sales-records-uk-charts

Welp, Sorry guys. Breaks UK sales records, Sony's fastest selling game in UK. If this continues in America, then all the online outrage will be useless.

Sony is going to sell lots of copies, then release it again in a few months on PS5 and sell even more copies. If they lose profits this time, it will be because of no multiplayer and microtransactions like the first game.
And oblivion sold more than 10 million copies worldwide, your point?

Tehdagah

Arcane
Fail, Joel attacked the dad in TLOU1 until he saw his kid.

Even got video proof.

The guy attacked him first. Also look at this cutscene, there's not even cinematography. How the hell did so many people consider this good storytelling in first place? The average Hollywood director has more talent.

Was xhe supposed to ask him and raise awareness? Just kill him, if he was the wrong Joel then keep trying.

playing Abby is not only terrible because of what she did (murdering the beloved main character of the first game)
Lol no

but also because of what she is: a disgusting she-hulk.
Fair.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer

Boxed editions only.

The Last of Us Part 2 has shot to the top of the UK boxed charts in significant fashion.

The action horror game is Sony's fastest-selling release this generation, narrowly beating the opening week of 2016's Uncharted 4 by just over 1%. Download sales are not included in this data...

vonAchdorf

Arcane

Normies buy games because the liked the last one - online controversies don't reach the sealed copies buying crowd. Only the sales numbers of a sequel will tell if the brand has been harmed.

sullynathan

Arcane
Boxed editions only.
Normies buy games because the liked the last one - online controversies don't reach the sealed copies buying crowd. Only the sales numbers of a sequel will tell if the brand has been harmed.

Oh I know, to me at least with how upwards digital is trending, that implies that the digital sales will push things even higher.

Any word on worldwide sales?
Possibly at the end of the month or next week. The game just released a few days ago, right?

mastroego

Arcane

Buyers can still feel scammed and disgusted after the purchase.
It's sad but it's how it works.
Perhaps this will translate in a few additional Red Pills.
If that happens then it might be worth it.

Conversely, if regular audiences *enjoy* this level of putrefied wokeness, then they deserve things to go where they're going.

Zlaja

Arcane
Tlou was a mediocre game saved by an exceptional ending

No, it was a mediocre game saved by tight resource management (on hard and survivor difficulty).

AngryJoeShow did a 9 hour Twitch stream on The Last of Us 2 yesterday. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/655729227 (the first 45 minutes is random shit).

I'm close to the 2 hour mark and it seems my worst fears from the leaks are true.

I can't believe you watched 2 hours of a an AngryJoe stream and admitted it on the codex. Stunning and brave!

I haven't witnessed this that time and played MGS2 years later, but it was a bit of trolling from Kojima. Plus Snake was there all the way story-wise. Kojima just fucked with the fans Kaufman-style. Nothing was lost there. And the game was top notch.

No, the game was a disappointment compared to the first game thanks to it's overly convoluted plot and some truly retarded characters (like that cringy vampire guy and that silly fat ass on rollerblades to name a few).

Zer0wing

Cipher
Well, there IS something good about this game - now we know how to avoid censorship on snoy console - just add some token wokeness in your game and you're good to go. For example, Cyberpunk 2077 will not be censored on PS4...
:mixedemotions:

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist

There was never any doubt of it selling at the start. Enough people are dedicated to avoiding spoilers that it would be quite difficult for that not to happen. The kind of people who buy games at launch weren't going to be dissuaded by silly internet rumors. Its the people that don't buy at launch is the question. The consumers who aren't really smart, just lazy. Do those people end up getting a good impression?

And oblivion sold more than 10 million copies worldwide, your point?
...And Skyrim doesn't exist? The point many people were making is that this isn't going to sell, not just that this is massive decline.

Drakron

Arcane
Exactly, FF VII Remake also smashed sales that processed to drop off a cliff after to the point Square come out and told they werent going to deviate from the original.
I learned to ignore week 1 sales as they are meaningless, what matters is sustainable sales because all you need is a large marketing campaign to build up hype so people buy the game based on hype alone, the problem is the people that will wait and buy it later.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

The game sold based on Tlou1 reputation however future DLCs or sequels will sell based on Tlou2 reputation which is shit.

This franchise is dead. Like you brain cells.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

Yep, been saying that for a while. Last of Us 3 will tell how many people actually disliked this one. Sequels sell based on how much people liked the last one.

The funny part of the reddit thread are the mental gymnastics of trying to sympathize with Abby :lol: The narrative of Abby is a failed one given that the Cuckmann did not make the player sympathize with her at all. Yet these SJWs try to defend Abby, though I think the fandom is splitting just like Star Wars :dealwithit:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom