Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Of Us 2 - now with protagonist-murdering trannies

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Anyone that register an account on ResetEra and it isnt for trolling, is a tard. That place gives eye cancer to anyone that has more than two active neurons.
You have to use a work email to register there I think so you can't even register to troll sadly

vota DC

Augur
Anyone that register an account on ResetEra and it isnt for trolling, is a tard. That place gives eye cancer to anyone that has more than two active neurons.
They don't even realize that Abby-Lev Is supposed to mirror Joel-Ellie and not Ellie-Dina.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
q14zrj2hn6951.jpg

Which lord is he referring to?

Nurgle?

Don't know, but my guess is the one who is pals with George Soros.

I just wanna know why game devs suddenly need all that moral support. Is sitting in an office in the Valley while sipping on coffee and taking a long lunch break now parallel with breaking rocks in a Siberian Gulag? I guess that would depend on who your co-workers are.

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
TloU3:
violent beating of Ellie, destroyed face, torn clothes, crying, pleading, hematoma all over the body, and violent graphic detailed RAPE! And then knifing murder, small knife, dozens of entry wounds. Gurgling bleeding death. You dont get to rush this!

Who does it? The noname black jewish trans woman whose dog Ellie killed xDDD nooooo not the doggerino

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
TloU3:
violent beating of Ellie, destroyed face, torn clothes, crying, pleading, hematoma all over the body, and violent graphic detailed RAPE! And then knifing murder, small knife, dozens of entry wounds. Gurgling bleeding death. You dont get to rush this!

Who does it? The noname black jewish trans woman whose dog Ellie killed xDDD nooooo not the doggerino
Nah in the next game tranny and magic cure dike will be an item and will fight the patriarchy and turfs lol

lemon-lime

Educated
I've just finished watching a play-through of TLoU2. There wasn't a single meaningful talk between characters in the whole game, was there? I mean anything satisfactory or interesting on an intellectual level. Nobody explained a concept, made a coherent argument, gave a meaningful answer to an important question. All I remember is endless rambling like in a soap opera for bored house wives. Nothing transcended the most basic of interpersonal relationship crap: Love, hate, jealousy, vengeance. Or did I miss something there?

"Gaming needs to grow up!" Apparently by turning it into professional wrestling (It's still real to me, dammit!) - but promo cutting is replaced with even more shallow soap opera dialogue. I guess that's an additional way to subvert expectations.

Bonus:

vota DC

Augur
TloU3:

I think since second game was about revenge bad the third game will be about honoring the father, so Abby will perform brain surgery on Lev and eat the corpse to get protein and muscles back. Also since Abby Is in an island just like Epstein, the Fireflies that lured her will rename themselves Pedoflies.
There won't be Ellie just like the second game, I mean that boring and vicious character of tlou2 isn't the same Ellie of first game.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
At least for once almost all youtubers and streamers are united in their hate for the game.

*except CohnCarnage which is a piece of shit

bkuHFHn.png

from reddit
Joe has 2.2+ million views, SkillUp has 2+ million views, PewDiePie's videos has 3-5 million views, Cr1TiKaL has 1.6 million views, YongYea has 272K+, Upper Echelon Gamers has 778K+, Jeremy Jahns has 493K

If this shit doesn't hurt Tlou2 sales then I don't know what will.

Codex Year of the Donut
Abby was not white in the beginning..

38tfrxmfbc951.jpg

Neil Cuckmann is the most evil game designer I've ever seen.

Todd Howard is actually a good guy compared to him.

Edit: It looks like the daughter of Marlene and then the story would have made much more sense.
Hey it's like that thing Rusty was talking about
They raceswapped Abby's father to white in TLoU2. :M
Surgeon-killed.jpg

Going to go out on a limb and guess they made her white because they know how masculine she looks.
Come to think of it, her physique actually isn't that far off from a muscular african woman. Hm.

Draxylon

Savant
At least for once almost all youtubers and streamers are united in their hate for the game.
*except CohnCarnage which is a piece of shit
I watched some CohnCarnage gameplay and his final thoughts in Twitch and I found his opinion pretty balanced and rational. He praised the technical aspects and the experience of the game but also criticized aspects of the pace, structure and story. He said he won't definitely replay it again, and lowered the final rating because of the questionable script.

Btw, I'm not a follower of Cohn, I don't need to defend him... just wanted to write this because I watched his playthrough.

To me, the best ending for this game would be
the two bitches killing each other. If you want to tell a story about how bad is revenge and the consequences of crossing the line of insane murdering, do it properly. Abby deserved to die, but in the end you also want to kill Ellie so much... If you think even further, the message failed to be delivered because at the end Abby got her revenge, but Ellie lost everything and didn't obtain revenge even... "ergo" the triumphant one was who commited revenge (though with some loses, but... it's a cruel world, you know)

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
To me, the best ending for this game would be
the two bitches killing each other. If you want to tell a story about how bad is revenge and the consequences of crossing the line of insane murdering, do it properly. Abby deserved to die, but in the end you also want to kill Ellie so much... If you think even further, the message failed to be delivered because at the end Abby got her revenge, but Ellie lost everything and didn't obtain revenge even... "ergo" the triumphant one was who commited revenge (though with some loses, but... it's a cruel world, you know)

But that's the problem. TLOU2 isn't a story about "revenge = bad" which is what a lot of people insist it is (and then go on and tackle aspects of the story that "discredit" the message, like saying shit along the lines of "Abby sails into the sunset"). It's more about loss and grief, and how revenge is a misguided attempt at moving on. To say "Abby was triumphant" is ignoring the entirety of the story, where she is literally unable to move on until she comes across Yara and Lev, just like how Joel finally moved on from his daughter's death after meeting and starting to care for Ellie.

The issue with the whole "Elllie didn't obtain revenge" argument is that it's incredibly misleading: it's not that Ellie wanted revenge and couldn't get it, it's that she literally didn't want revenge anymore. That's why Ellie spared Abby, when she could have easily killed her (she was already drowning her). Abby didn't obtain her revenge on Ellie either: Ellie killed Owen and many of Abby's close Fireflies friends, but Abby let her live. Both spared one another at different points in the story. The difference between Ellie and Abby is that Abby has finally begun moving on from her own father's death, and that wasn't because "she got her revenge". Ellie doesn't start to do that until the literal last scene of the game, and again, that shows revenge has nothing to do with the ability to move forward.

I do feel a lot of people, not necessarily your case, are pretty stupid at understanding a rather basic story. But it all makes sense when they decided the game was shit from the get go because Abby looked like a man.

(As a sidenote, it's kind of ironic that the Codex in general didn't see any problem with Avellone's Dead Money, which had a message that was handfisted as fuck: "begin again", "let go", repeated throughout the DLC. All characters under the DLC fell under that trope (Dog/God, Christine, Dean Domino, Elijah, and if that wasn't enough then we also have the player fall under that trope if they want to complete the DLC successfully; literally all characters in the DLC are better off by "letting go"). But it was Chris Avellone. Maybe Druckmann should have done the same and write the message of the game in big bold letters on a wall.)

ndjE4pAYfGwm7kqq3CQbQlxZIsg8xljMwh9LfOlMd8Q.png
BRAVO AVELLONE

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
There wasn't a single meaningful talk between characters in the whole game, was there? I mean anything satisfactory or interesting on an intellectual level. Nobody explained a concept, made a coherent argument, gave a meaningful answer to an important question. All I remember is endless rambling like in a soap opera for bored house wives.

It's a game about three female protagonists, written by a woman and a low-T manlet in the current year California. What did you expect, Tom Clancy?

wahrk

Learned
TLOU2 isn't a story about "revenge = bad"....

It's more about....how revenge is a misguided attempt at moving on.

“It’s not that revenge is bad, it’s more that revenge isn’t good.”

...it's not that Ellie wanted revenge and couldn't get it, it's that she literally didn't want revenge anymore.

These distinctions you’re trying to make don’t mean as much as you seem to think they do. Everyone here knows that she chooses not to take revenge, that’s what makes the end so stupid.

And I know you didn’t just compare this turd with Dead Money...

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
We really need the intellectuals and grown-ups here, to protect the honor of this work of art! Someone has to act responsible! The quality of the discourse must not be sullied by reductionist and elementary readings taking over the conversation!

It's a game about three female protagonists, written by a woman and a low-T manlet in the current year California. What did you expect, Tom Clancy?
Yikes! Just... yikes!

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
“It’s not that revenge is bad, it’s more that revenge isn’t good.”

Feel free to twist whatever I say to suit your hatred for the game's story. But when you accept the actual message of the game, you will see how everything we see in it reflects it.

...it's not that Ellie wanted revenge and couldn't get it, it's that she literally didn't want revenge anymore.

These distinctions you’re trying to make don’t mean as much as you seem to think they do. Everyone here knows that she chooses not to take revenge, that’s what makes the end so stupid.

The ending is only stupid if you didn't understand the story, which is fine. You didn't understand it. Don't claim it's shit because of that, though.

And I know you didn’t just compare this turd with Dead Money...

You have to be stupid to think Dead Money has a fantastic story. It's just entertaining, that's it. The message is hamfisted, this is the plain true. Avellone was so scared his writing sucked that he had to spell out the message to the player both through a giant message and both through an alternative ending slide if you blew up with the vault.

wahrk

Learned
Feel free to twist whatever I say to suit your hatred for the game's story. But when you accept the actual message of the game, you will see how everything we see in it reflects it.

I didn't have to twist anything, I literally quoted your post. "The story isn't revenge = bad, the story is revenge = misguided." Wow, that changes everything.

The ending is only stupid if you didn't understand the story, which is fine. You didn't understand it. Don't claim it's shit because of that, though.

To be fair, you have to have a high IQ to understand The Last of Us 2.

You have to be stupid to think Dead Money has a fantastic story. It's just entertaining, that's it.

"Just entertaining" already puts it miles ahead of this miserable shitshow. Dead Money's message is at least consistent throughout and not undercut by the actual events of the story.

Don't bother.

Sigourn is a complete dumbfuck without the tag.

I should have listened.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I didn't have to twist anything, I literally quoted your post. "The story isn't revenge = bad, the story is revenge = misguided." Wow, that changes everything.

If you are going to "literally quote my post", do it right:

"It's more about loss and grief, and how revenge is a misguided attempt at moving on."

You missed "loss and grief", which is a crucial aspect of TLOU2's story, far more important than the revenge plot that is an excuse (as many plots are) to explore certain themes. The people who insist on the revenge aspect of the plot are those who are upset that Abby doesn't die. Congratulations, the game never intends Abby's death to be the end of Ellie's journey becasue that defeats the point of the themes the game explores. If Ellie killed Abby, that would have contradicted the message of the game, but many users would no doubt be pleased because "ugly woman dead".

To be fair, you have to have a high IQ to understand The Last of Us 2.

On the contrary, you have to have a below-average IQ to not understand The Last of Us 2, which is what makes the controversy around it so comical: people playing the "it's a pretentious game" card, when the reality is "I'm beyond stupid to get the story".

"Just entertaining" already puts it miles ahead of this miserable shitshow.

Doubt it, considering New Vegas has terrible gameplay and Dead Money improves on it by making the player not engage in anything but stealth and throwing weapons for the most part.

Dead Money's message is at least consistent throughout and not undercut by the actual events of the story.

"Dead Money's message is consistent because the game takes complete control out of the player in this roleplaying game". Yeah, I can see how Chris achieved that consistency. :lol:

Last edited:

Draxylon

Savant
Ellie doesn't start to do that until the literal last scene of the game, and again, that shows revenge has nothing to do with the ability to move forward.

What I don't understand is what triggers Ellie her sudden drastic decission. I don't really remember what happened exactly.At least is very bad "written". She was totally insane, almost berserker, fighting for her life and integrity and her mind totally commited to kill at last that bitch Abby. We experienced her killing in cold blood a lot of people, but suddenly in that high-rage and survival moment has a flashback of Joel (that would enrage her even more) and decided to stop?

Sorry, or I'm missing something (I must rewatch it) but I don't buy your interpretation.

Suffice to say I do like the game and don't share some critics people are doing, but c'mon, that end is nonsense. The writer could came with a better solution for letting both alive without using that shit. Remember, two minutes before that she was coldly putting her gun in Lev's head. She could had flashbacks or the many murderings and her miserable path to reach this moment, that would be a trigger! She even could saw as a redeeming view the Abby-Lev relations as similar to Joel-her, and even how abby let her go several times (addet to all the previous reasons).

But no, what makes her change drastically her behaviour was a smiling Joel playing the guitar. :what:

Sorry, I insist. The most consistent ending for the moral of the story and the development of the characters would be both dying.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom