Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last of Us Part 1 - next-gen remake out now on PS5/PC

The Decline

Arcane
The redesign makes her look she has a few extra chromosomes.

vota DC

Augur
Well, i actually like the redesign. She looks like human being now, and not some jailbait.
It isn't matter of good or bad, they are forced to change for pratical reasons since Drunk-Man was jerking on the monitor all time, same for Resetera users that liked tlou2 but couldn't finish It for the same reason.
They will redesign the protagonist too: he will be identical to anno 1800 captain and he will say "Seductive child bury on my desk"

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Well, i actually like the redesign. She looks like human being now, and not some jailbait.
abby-thelastofus.jpg

This is the ideal female body. You may not like it but this is what peak beauty looks like.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Is this game better than Uncharted 1? That's the only Naughty Dog i played and it was really really bad.

From a gameplay perspective, yes. Competent stealth action shooter/traversal game without any annoying bosses. I didn't care much for the story though (obnoxious characters, and it's not possible to make a vaccine for fungal infections so their attempt to be "different" resulted in a plot hole). When it comes to aping cinema, Hennig writes circles around Druckmann.

wishbonetail

Learned
I didn't care much for the story though (obnoxious characters, and it's not possible to make a vaccine for fungal infections so their attempt to be "different" resulted in a plot hole).
There are no vaccines for fungal infections but fungus is much easier to treat than viruses, so them taking over the world seems dubious in the first place.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Sure it will still have the same basic mechanical problems, like shoulder-swapping being restricted to the aiming mode.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wonder if this remaster will make the retcons come true, like making the doctor in the end white, so it fits with Last of us 2, etc.

Tehdagah

Arcane
I wonder if this remaster will make the retcons come true, like making the doctor in the end white, so it fits with Last of us 2, etc.
The remastered Ps4 version already made the doctor light skinned when compared to the original PS3 game.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I like how they're pretending the second game hasn't killed all interest people had in the franchise.

Tehdagah

Arcane
I like how they're pretending the second game hasn't killed all interest people had in the franchise.
It didn't kill anything, that game was extremely successful, the people who reviewbombed it weren't the consumers. The special edition pre-orders are all gone already.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
It didn't kill anything, that game was extremely successful, the people who reviewbombed it weren't the consumers. The special edition pre-orders are all gone already.
That means nothing - it's either scalpers or die hard fans that were going to consoom regardless.

TLOU2 killed the very reason people cared about the franchise in the first place.

Tehdagah

Arcane
That means nothing - it's either scalpers or die hard fans that were going to consoom regardless.

TLOU2 killed the very reason people cared about the franchise in the first place.
And yet it sold 10 millions of copies.

JDR13

Arcane

And yet it sold 10 millions of copies.

The Tranny army is growing daily...

ADL

Prophet
No prone or dodge from The Last of Us 2 which is disappointing but it looks good. AI and animations look significantly better. Not sure how old the build from the leaks was.

Last edited:

sser

Arcane
Developer
Audio accessibility during combat:

Joel gets hit in the back of the head with a two-by-four.
Ellie screams in horror.
Joel growls. Joel wrestles the man to the ground.
Joel knocks the man's teeth out with a pistol whip.
Joel puts the barrel to the man's forehead and pulls the trigger.
The man's head explodes and his brains hit a nearby wall.
Ellie says, "Whoa."

JDR13

Arcane
No prone or dodge from The Last of Us 2 which is disappointing but it looks good. AI and animations look significantly better. Not sure how old the build from the leaks was.

At 6:21 - "We revamped completely the art direction".

:hmmm:

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Review time.

Visually pretty impressive, particularly the facial animations and lighting. PC version is meant to be coming "very soon", vague as that is. Wonder if it'll have proper/"full" DualSense support on PC too.

Never played it, despite housemate having an old PS4 copy lying around somewhere. Glad I waited, though probably going to be waiting a bit longer at that price tag.

Edit: More.

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
The hospital scene looks better than it does in TLOU2. The gameplay looks like it's a blend of TLOU Remastered and TLOU2's incredible animation quality and gore without the dodge mechanic and prone position. One of the reviews I watched mentioned stealth being far more viable than it was in the original because of changes to the alert system comparable to The Last of Us 2 which was a huge improvement.

If the PC port is incredible, it'll tempt me but I don't plan on paying $70 since I already played the original and it's a very linear game. I'll pick it up for $40.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom