Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last of Us Part 1 - next-gen remake out now on PS5/PC

Nelka

Educated
Had people nagging me to play it for nearly a decade now, so waiting a few weeks extra is nbd. Little scared I’ll expect too much of it after such a build-up.

Thanks for posting.
I hope you will enjoy it man

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
Had people nagging me to play it for nearly a decade now, so waiting a few weeks extra is nbd. Little scared I’ll expect too much of it after such a build-up.

Thanks for posting.
I hope you will enjoy it man

Gaming forums are not the place to shitpost, dumbass

Anyway, gonna play this one for sure. Long overdue for the PC crowd.

Nelka

Educated

ADL

Prophet
Hope we get TLOU2 before the multiplayer game releases on PC I'm assuming later this year. As much as I enjoy the story of the first game, the gameplay and animations of Part II is what I want more on PC.

ADL

Prophet
Available now

Teasing further PC development. Hopefully Part II comes ahead of their upcoming The Last of Us multiplayer title.

THE ROAD AHEAD​

So, where will the next Naughty Dog development adventure take us? Rest assured, PlayStation and PC players, we’re already looking forward to sharing more, whether you prefer a DualSense controller or a keyboard and mouse. Developing for both platforms empowers us to incorporate lessons learned from either into the overall design of our games. Sharing our stories and experiences on PS5 as well as PC is something that Naughty Dog has embraced and will continue to support moving forward.
https://www.naughtydog.com/blog/celebrating_the_release_of_the_last_of_us_part_i_on_pc

Elttharion

Learned
HN6xPkJ.png

Lol, lmao even. RE4 Remake will eat this thing alive.

ADL

Prophet
I'd much rather the game take its time and compile shaders at startup than have it be a stuttering piece of shit like Elden Ring throughout but if shader compilation is going to become standard, I want a thirty minute extension on Steam's refund window.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not gonna lie. This shit made my day. :lol:
I'm kinda surprised, or well, maybe I'm not - how there is zero testing. Running the game on one computer would be enough to see the problems, but I guess that is too much work for a 60-euro game or whatever it costs.

JDR13

Arcane
I'd much rather the game take its time and compile shaders at startup than have it be a stuttering piece of shit like Elden Ring throughout but if shader compilation is going to become standard, I want a thirty minute extension on Steam's refund window.
Elden Ring hasn't had that issue since the first patch.

Ash

Arcane
I can't wait to never play it. The original still looks fine. This is the most pointless "remake" to date.

Also the original wasn't that great. Most Resident Evil games shit in it's mouth.
If SDG is saying this game is sub-par, then the reality is it is likely TERRIBLE

pipboy_approve.png

PanteraNera

Arcane
I run it on a RTX 3070, 16 GB RAM, i7-11700F and it runs & looks good enough on my 65" 4k TV.
I did wait for the shaders to be compiled and also updated my drivers to the latest version.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
What's the deal with the shaders ? I thought Steam automatically downloads precompiled shaders for your hardware these days ?

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
What's the deal with the shaders ? I thought Steam automatically downloads precompiled shaders for your hardware these days ?
They could update the game with precompiled shaders. But I don't know how much space would that require. How old is this engine?

JDR13

Arcane
They could update the game with precompiled shaders. But I don't know how much space would that require. How old is this engine?
Not sure what engine it uses, but the install size is already 100GB without precompiled shaders.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom