Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

Given how Ao introduced the ILF and the Anti-Immigration League, does Kuro show the AIL's side of their story, like how Cold Steel showed the ILF's side of their story?

somerandomdude

Learned
Given how Ao introduced the ILF and the Anti-Immigration League, does Kuro show the AIL's side of their story, like how Cold Steel showed the ILF's side of their story?

Nope, the anti-immigrant league are portrayed as a bunch of racist terrorists. The same way the left portrays anyone who takes an issue with immigration in the West.

There is no "other side" of the story like with the ILF, where people in Jurai got shit on by the Chancellor, and the little guys decided to fight back. It's just leftist talking points regurgitated with all the i's dotted and t's crossed with seemingly impeccable precision without an ounce of fairness.

Last edited:

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Me as the lads talk about the potential destruction of my favorite series

oy64Wxl.gif

Last edited:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Any idea if the english patch for Kuro will ever expand to include all of the ancillary NPC dialogue?

Shadenuat

Arcane
This scene make you feel better about the supposed wokeness of the game?
i feel like this stuff looks adorable in isometry with sprites, but with outdated 3d it feels a bit more like cheap hentai game.
but, that is not what would frighten me from leaked content of this new game.
what I find troublesome is that devs seem to try make their stuff even more "serious", with some dialogue scenes and brooding protag almost giving me final fantase 8 memories. I have no interest in terribly long self reflection dialogue with their writing.
and graphics and design is again, one step towards glamour asian ghey.

Jinn

Arcane
Cut the dramatics. At least play it for yourself before you feed into an obvious troll account's bewailing of it. Good god, I expect better from you, Rean.

Thorakitai

Learned
I'm currently playing the psp version of Trails in the Sky:Second Chapter after finishing the First Chapter and choose hard mode due to wanting a challenge but not too bad like Nightmare mode.

The first three bosses are noticeably tough but managed to beat them through proper use of buffs and orbal attack arts.

Then the fourth boss at the fortress area is huge step-up in difficulty. The boss is both fast, powerful and tanky (9,000+HP), can buff his str and speed and can hit you no matter what distance your characters are.

I start off with two characters, mostly equipped with basic quartz and can barely have time to damage him.

Is there a proper strategy to beat him or do I need to grind more? I hate reading a guide since I want a spoiler-free playthrough.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Is there a proper strategy to beat him or do I need to grind more? I hate reading a guide since I want a spoiler-free playthrough.

Nightmare difficulty this fucker is the hardest boss in any trails game (main way is to make surprise cookies and pray).

But for hard difficulty earth guard + tear + items should be good and if u have proxy puppet left you should use it in this fight. If you are interested here is some1 killing him nightmare without cookie spam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck4B6FGbQJI

grinding some levels is also helpful but also painfully boring last time I grinded few levels hunting for shiny poms in the forest.

I have only played trails sc on nightmare difficulty with carry on bonuses from first game so cant give more specific advice.

Thorakitai

Learned
Thanks for the help. I managed to beat the annoying boss, mostly by being lucky enough that he wasn't being utterly aggressive with his skills that I was able to both heal and attack at the same time then unleash both the S-crafts and the Suprise cookies ones he's low enough to die. It helps I've deliberately separated both Estelle and Anelace so that he's in the very middle.

If a company gets upset that fans are performing unpaid work so they can play their game, then maybe that company should get their act together so this issue doesn't keep arising year after year.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
If a company gets upset that fans are performing unpaid work so they can play their game, then maybe that company should get their act together so this issue doesn't keep arising year after year.
Its not even their game lol. They didn't create the game, they didn't translate the game, and they didn't even port the version of the game the patch is translating. They have literally nothing to do with Kuro, and they still sent a cease and desist for it. Fuck these niggers, glad I pirated CS3 and 4, they will never get a fucking cent of my money. 2025 for Kuro 1 2027 for Kuro 2. HAH fuck you nigger, Ill play them with the english patch right now. I'm sure someone will make a TL for Kuro 2 as well, and Ill play that too.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Yeah, at this point I can't stand NISA bullshit anymore, I'm just gonna buy some merch instead and sail the high sea.

Thorakitai

Learned
Currently playing Trails in the Sky:SC on the PSP and I'm on Disc 2.

Any recommended builds for characters? Bruisers like Agate and Zane and Spellcasters like Oliver and Kloe are easy to set up while my Estelle is primarily a spellcaster but is a good enough melee fighter.

However, I'm having trouble with the likes Schera and Tita as I'm not sure what role are they supposed to be. The former is good spellcaster but not as good as the dedicated ones while Tita's long range skills are good but she's frail and lacks MP.

Any recommended builds for characters?

Before the CS games there is hardly any meaningful build variety. Agate and Zin will only ever be good as physical attackers, but physical attackers are far outclassed by arts users like Joshua or Olivier or Kloe. You can use EP charges to regen your mana very quickly while it takes forever for CP to build up, and the most powerful arts in the game not only deal far more damage than crafts, but have a huge radius. Max out your ATS stat and spam the most powerful AoE art in the game (White Gehenna or Death Scream in the Sky games, Lord Inferno in Crossbell). Have someone like Estelle constantly spam Earth Wall to protect the team.

3rd is the most balanced pre-Cold Steel game, where you can actually do pretty well with a craft focused team (it helps you get a lot of gladiator items there).

If you want to use Tita then max out her attack range and use her to spread status conditions, but IIRC you can't stack multiple status effect quartz on a character until Cold Steel, so she will be inferior to just using a mage.

Thorakitai

Learned

Nope, the anti-immigrant league are portrayed as a bunch of racist terrorists. The same way the left portrays anyone who takes an issue with immigration in the West.

There is no "other side" of the story like with the ILF, where people in Jurai got shit on by the Chancellor, and the little guys decided to fight back. It's just leftist talking points regurgitated with all the i's dotted and t's crossed with seemingly impeccable precision without an ounce of fairness.
To be fair, the Calvard Arc has only just begun and future games may actually flesh out their motivations into something that's just not "we are evil because we are racists."

Related to the conversation but during my current playthrough of Trails in the Sky:SC, I'm was quite surprised to hear the word "far-right" used in-game and pleasantly surprised to hear The Queen of Liberl say this:

"There are few things more precious than the freedom to express one's self, Estelle. Remember, even those who promote military empowerment and a war footing do so out of a love for Liberl and its people. They have as much right to express that idea as any of us have ours. And listening to such opinions and choosing how to guide the country...that is a ruler's responsibility."

Thorakitai

Learned
pleasantly surprised to hear The Queen of Liberl say this:

Don't get me started on how the story treats Richard as the villain, even though he was absolutely right about everything.

Spoilers for Trails in the sky.

Even if his reasons are sound, his methods and plan are certainly not going to help the Kingdom survive against the Empire, especially since he's a brainwashed pawn.

Marrying the princess to a prince of the Empire you're eventually trying to prepare and fight against? May as well write and place a giant sign infront of the castle that says, "A kingdom for sale".

his methods and plan are certainly not going to help the Kingdom survive against the Empire

The Queen had been neglecting to prepare Liberl for the past decade. Corruption among the military was rampant and the Queen did nothing. Liberl's top military strategist left and no new talent was cultivated to replace him. Liberl's technological edge faded away and nothing was done shore up Liberl's military capabilities. By the events of the game, the war between the two expansionist superpowers is starting to turn hot, and Liberl is situated in between them. When the war both sides are going to invade through Liberl. Liberl would be bombed into oblivion and what remains would be carved up among the victors. It is way, way too late to try to be playing catch up through conventional means.

Richard made the best out of a bad situation: try to find the rumored magical artifact and hope it can preserve Liberl's sovereignty. In the event that fails, then align with Erebonia as that better preserves Liberl than joining the zealous anti-monarchists. It's on the Queen and her advisors for allowing Liberl to fall into this predicament in the first place.

It's also funny that FC demonizes Richard for creating the Intelligence Division... and the only reason why the Ouroboros invasion in SC is repelled and the Erebonian invasion is staved off is because of Richard and the ID being let out of jail to do their thing.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I am at December 4th in Cold Steel 2. The fight before this was very challenging on the first try. I hadn't properly upgraded all character equipment, but I was also not fully prepared at what these guys would do. On my second try, I went in with full EP, and maxed overdrive, which made the fight more manageable. In general, I prefer the structure of CS2 more than CS1. I liked the cozy, snowy start of the game. I have six partymembers now, and I am trying to swap them around for variety.

I have a couple of yes or no questions. Please, only yes or no answers, no explanations or anything like that.

Will Toval and the Icy Maiden only be available party members for a limited time?

Will Crow join the party at any point in the game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom