Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The first two Cold Steel games can be pretty tough at certain points.
I like tough, to be honest. I was just hoping for the ability to re-gear between fights.

The game has been rather easy overall. Good old speed and evasion doing the work.

I hope I can wrap the game up this weekend.

Cold Steel 2 is up after that, then I will take a break from the series for a few months. After that, go through the Crossbell duology, before Cold Steel 3&4.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Yeah, you should be able able to wrap this up this weekend, the next combat segment after roer is the final dungeon. Keep a save just before the "final" boss, because what come next work a bit differently, and you might have to gridn a level or two in nightmare difficulty.

Angelica is quite good against C because she stun and push him back a lot, giving you a lot of breathing room if you don't rely on some cheese.

Jinn

Arcane
Alisa is the worst. Musse and Juna have more going on alone each than the blond tech baby. Only thing that makes her mildly interesting is
who her father is.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The worst character is either Musse or Juna.

Are you being contrarian for the sake of it (again) or do you actually not like those characters?

Alisa is the worst. Musse and Juna have more going on alone each than the blond tech baby. Only thing that makes her mildly interesting is

I can agree with this. Alisa is really underwritten, for some reason.

Jinn

Arcane
Are you being contrarian for the sake of it (again) or do you actually not like those characters?

Remember, you're talking to the guy who supposedly doesn't recognize the significant overarching plot elements of the 9+ entry series he's put hundreds of hours into. He'll say nothing in the world of Zemuria has significantly changed since the start of the series, but what he really means is it hasn't changed in the way  he would have liked it to. He's either being contrarian for the sake of it, or we're working with a very special breed of autism here. Either way, generally seems wise to not engage with it.

EDIT: spoiler tagging the whole post. Cold Steel spoilers galore!

For Juna, I had multiple issues with her. First, she was terribly shoehorned into the story. I played the Crossbell games and she never appeared there, nor was her existence hinted at. If the devs wanted a fan of the SSS then they should have picked one of those kids from the street to the West of the SSS' building. When I first saw Juna in a Famitsu scan, I actually thought she was Tyzel, from Trista.

My next issue with her is how she makes the SSS look untrustworthy, as they apparently told a fangirl top secret information that they promised to keep secret. It also makes everyone who trusted them with that information look like fools.

Thirdly, you have Juna repeatedly being an apologist for Crossbell and completely whitewashing them and framing the Empire as being the unreasonable aggressor, which is not true and she would know just how much, much worse Crossbell actually was than the average person since that info is not public. Falcom's writers could have leaned into this and have done something like the young attorney from Judgement at Nuremberg where she knows how bad things are and is being willfully ignorant, grasping at straws, trying to distort the narrative to mitigate the damage however she can to save her childhood heroes in the eyes of others (and thus becomes a tragic figure), but the game presents her as being correct.

9jJRckF.png

Juna, he enabled Crossbell's occupation in the first place by refusing to reverse the timeline. That's entirely on the SSS you idolize.

e1YNuxn.png

Arios was a fugitive for damn good reason: he let mass murderers walk free and he passed up an opportunity to reverse all the damage done by himself and Dieter. He could have reversed the deaths of thousands of people. He is a mass murderer by inaction, along with the rest of the SSS.

FmuPY2M.png

*laughing*

The real heroes were Kevin, Ries, and the Brights, for destroying the Aions they were assigned to, while the SSS let their assigned Aion go free (along with all of the mass murderers who perpetrated the mess).

ZjOyCme.png

Oh, the horror of retaliation after your country incited a war. Oh, the horror of history's least oppressive occupation! Oh, the horrroooooorr!!!

F8TfTQR.png

Juna: Waaaaggghh! Waaggggh! The big bad Erebonian's are building fortifications to defend themselves from their enemies. Oh, the horror!

eYIMhEH.png

Who is trying to take away your pride? The people of Crossbell haven't been made into slaves or had their culture demolished. Hell, it's your pride and your arrogance that created this mess in the first place.

0pDNBHU.png

No lady. YOUR CROSSBELL started this. YOUR CROSSBELL choose the path of a destructive shortcut to independence, destroyed the security of it's surrounding nations, held weapons of mass destruction over the continent. Crossbell started this fight, and they lost. Fortunately for you, this is the least oppressive "occupation" (if you could even call it that) of a country I've seen.

Oo2yG6r.png

Juna, what do you think will happen if Erebonia just ups and leave? Do you really think Crossbell is going to return to being an independent state, with everything returning to the way it was before you guys pulled your stunt? Hell no! Calvard's desperate, and they were made even more desperate after the IBC shut off their funds. They're in a cold war against Erebonia. President Rocksmith is just as pragmatic as Chancellor Osborne. Calvard is going to grab ANYTHING they can get their hands on. If we leave, you'll remain under occupation, under a different flag. And, oh, a Calvardian occupation isn't going to be anywhere near as luxuries as the status quo. Calvard doesn't have the resources to invest in Crossbell. They don't have the resources or the technology to build up a massive military fortress to defend Crossbell and deter an invasion. When a world war breaks out between Erebonia and Calvard, Crossbell is going to become a battlefield (whereas under the Empire, the war may very well never even come to Crossbell, and it won't be in ruins). Crossbell under Calvard won't have the excellent leadership of Osborne's administration. You'll be dealing with a government already stretched thin enough as is, with rampant corruption, scant resources, and massive civil unrest. There is no situation in which everything goes back the way it was. If you want to keep believing in that fantasy of yours, you are more than welcome to take off your uniform and go join your great SSS down in Mishelam, and protest in silence.
smile.png

Musse also has multiple problems with her. Like Juna she is flagrantly retconned into the story (did not appear at Saint Astria's in CS1, nor was Duke Cayenne having a daughter ever mentioned), though this as detrimental as Juna retroactively making the SSS look bad.

CS3 chapter 3, which makes Musse look like a selfish b. She just found out that the man she supposedly "loves" - a man who has gone out of his way to try to be kind to her and support her in school - is under immense pressure from a government he dislikes, and chose this job as an escape. Rather than contemplating that or leaving him alone, she just immediately ignores what he just said and attempts seduce him for funsies.

And then we find out that Musse the traitor. She did nothing about the Civil War, but then decided to arrange an international coalition against her own country. For a mastermind, she failed to set out to accomplish everything she set out to do. Turning the world against Erebonia only made Erebonians more defensive and amplified the curse she was ostensibly trying to undo. Rean? He did what he wanted instead of following Musse's plans. Undoing the curse? That was all on Osborne and Rean. Her coalition only caused misery for Erebonia, undoing the sacrifices of their soldiers by losing Crossbell, making them pay reparations, creativing civil unrest, and making them the pariah of the world.

Lastly, there is Musse the mary sue. She convinces several of the most powerful people in the world and nation leaders and the other superpower to go along with her plan. And she does this as a teenage highschool girl belonging to a family with a ruined reputation.

Last edited:

Sarathiour

Cipher
She's former Duke Cayenne daughter, not the one from civil war, but the brother of that one who was the original duke, before he got assassinated with his whole family. It would still be pretty obvious that some "musse" exactly the same age than the daughter of cayenne show up as a distant cousin or something and go to St Astria, but hey Cayenne was always described as a retard, and she allegedly left St Astria before the story get too fishy.
Otherwise, it's unfortunately those kind of character that always go "just as planned".

cruel

Cipher
Big F towards Juna from my side as well, so many things I despise in one package: dumb, emotional, 'act first think later', fanboyism (SSS), crazy patriot, etc. I would dump her in the lake on the first occasion if I could (same with Estelle tbh).

Alisa best waifu. Smart, classy, cute, honestly cares about Rean, big tits.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

Endemic

Arcane
EDIT: spoiler tagging the whole post. Cold Steel spoilers galore!

For Juna, I had multiple issues with her. First, she was terribly shoehorned into the story. I played the Crossbell games and she never appeared there, nor was her existence hinted at.

Well, that was "fixed" in the Crossbell remasters some months back.

somerandomdude

Learned
One of the characters is a tranny in Kuro. I stopped playing after I saw that. Calvard is very woke and cucked. Erebonia is/was way cooler. I vote for Ouroboros over Calvardian Democracy.

Last edited:

somerandomdude

Learned
"Citation needed"?

It's Aaron Wei, he dresses up in drag and prances around like a fairy on stage, there was even dudes hitting on him during one of the cut scenes. It's literally the gayest thing in the entire Trails series. I mean, if you like gay stuff, trannies, diversity, democracies founded on anti-racist ideology (Yep, that's Calvard) by a female college student who fought to dethrone the patriarchal white monarchy, then Kuro is the game for you, 100%. But some of us are tired of the woke bullshit in games.

Reinhardt

Arcane
calvard is based on eastern countries and asians view things differently, wommyn roles ARE played by men in japanese theater for example. not everything is supposed to be they/them globohomo.

arekks

Novice
Alisa best waifu. Smart, classy, cute, honestly cares about Rean, big tits.
Dude I love Alisa. First of all, she has rich parents. Secondly, she is fucking intolerable as a person. She's basically my ideal babe because I could leech off her inherited wealth with zero guilt and simply play videogames all day instead of being a productive member of society
(jk Laura is best girl)
Juna is fine I just wish she wasn't so forceably included... her being mad about her country being used as a suzerain state from both sides was one of the only genuinely good moments in CS3&4, which plotwise were otherwise fucking retarded and gay....

arekks

Novice
"Citation needed"?

It's Aaron Wei, he dresses up in drag and prances around like a fairy on stage, there was even dudes hitting on him during one of the cut scenes. It's literally the gayest thing in the entire Trails series. I mean, if you like gay stuff, trannies, diversity, democracies founded on anti-racist ideology (Yep, that's Calvard) by a female college student who fought to dethrone the patriarchal white monarchy, then Kuro is the game for you, 100%. But some of us are tired of the woke bullshit in games.
Dude I'm actually a big fan of gay stuff, trannies, diversity, sucking dick, democracies based on the aforementioned, spreading my ass hole, et cetera. Are you telling me there's a whole nation in these games made for people like me? That's absolutely based my nigga

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
"Citation needed"?

Dude I'm actually a big fan of gay stuff, trannies, diversity, sucking dick, democracies based on the aforementioned, spreading my ass hole, et cetera. Are you telling me there's a whole nation in these games made for people like me? That's absolutely based my nigga
comment_1661569226ygTNGj271BxwFNANEBMJUN.jpg

shh calm down. there's a website for your ilk it's called 4chan they even have a games subforum.
trails have always been family friendly fun and the full extent of gay stuff in them was just stereotypical japanese okama crap
nobody's 'pushing an agenda' on you, you're allowed to have fun and not be offended at a video game

well except if you're considering cold steel, then you should be offended at how miserable it is

somerandomdude

Learned
People can "drink large quantities of copium" and make excuses for the gay stuff, but it's a fact that Calvard was founded as an anti-racist Democracy, it was specifically stated as such in the story, and a female antifa activist led the revolt against the Western/European monarchy. There were constant references to how bad racism was to the point where it was kinda in your face woke at times, and they even pitched the same angle the left does equating racism with terrorism. So, continue fixating on "okama" copium without addressing the other stuff.

So, it's not just the one example of some femboy dressing up in drag in one cutscene, it's a number of other things that I also take issue with.

Do some of you get that one of the reasons why some of us play these JRPGs, is because there's typically little to none of this type of stuff in these games, or at least far less than we get from Western developers? They took it way farther in Kuro than they did in the previous Trails games which had little to nothing like this, or it was vague and not in an in your face manner. Like, Joshua Bright is guilty of being a cuck for sure for letting girls talk him into wearing a dress, but that's way different than all the woke shit in Kuro.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom