Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

Sarathiour

Cipher
Yes, and sort of, playable without joining the party after the game is over.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
it looks better at least on PC. the texture and sprites are so crisp and clear. i only played an hour because I don't have much desire to replay a linear game (maybe later when there's nothing else to play) so I can't comment on the script itself.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
havent played it but should be better based on what I have read + durante was part of it who has a solid track record

but after nis america fan translation bullshit Im probably not going to buy their games for a while

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The amount of effort that went into this port is legendary. Durante makes the best jap->PC ports in the world.

The contribution Durante has had to the series' popularity is invaluable.
NIS should be paying him his weight in fuckin gold.

Last edited:

Arthandas

Prophet
The amount of effort that went into this port is legendary. Durante makes the best jap->PC ports in the world.

The contribution Durante has had to the series' popularity is invaluable.
NIS should be paying him his weight in fuckin gold.
Each port is slightly better than the last and he already set the bar really high with ToCS1, truly amazing.
All other jap ports are shit by comparison.

arekks

Novice
so is the official release better or worse than the geofront patch
I can't speak for the translation though.
I fucken hope the translation is better. The fan translation for Zero was good overall but Ao was less so, it felt amateurish.

Zero and AO are fine, they're better than the woke trash that's Kuro.

I was going to make fun of you for this but I feel like I should be reasonable and give you a chance, so, what in Kuro is "woke"?

somerandomdude

Learned
so is the official release better or worse than the geofront patch
I can't speak for the translation though.
I fucken hope the translation is better. The fan translation for Zero was good overall but Ao was less so, it felt amateurish.

Zero and AO are fine, they're better than the woke trash that's Kuro.

I was going to make fun of you for this but I feel like I should be reasonable and give you a chance, so, what in Kuro is "woke"?
Read back to see my previous comments a page or 2 back. Nobody disputed any of what I said. Racism is illegal in Calvard (this is discussed in the story, not my opinion), and Calvard's "founder" was basically a feminist antifa activist who fought the patriarchal monarchy and against racism (this is covered in the story). The in game story is clearly pushing/favoring a leftist political agenda, while demonizing right wing positions. Even going as far as equating anti-immigrant sentiment to terrorism the same as the modern left does.

In previous installments in the series, they didn't go this far. So, my only gripe is with how they went about it in Kuro. I take little to no issue with the rest of the series.

Something else about the "trails" series, is they were usually thorough in showing the other side, even if it appeared like they might have just been evil, there was almost always some sorta back story that hinted that it wasn't like it seemed on the surface. Whether it's Ouroboros members, or the Imperial Liberation Front. It was just purely one sided in Kuro. Now, maybe they do go into more details/backstory in the 2nd installment of Kuro, but I'd still be critical of the story in the 1st game if this were the case.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So if I want to buy Trails from Zero (later), the PC version is the best version to get?

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
So if I want to buy Trails from Zero (later), the PC version is the best version to get?
Any version except ps4. PC version on the other hand has the benefit of modding if in the future some kai version stuff gets modded in

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

RIP. he was a big part we ever get the crossbell duology at all. both geofront and official. i was in the geofront discord too and sometimes we'd just chat and he really loved trails.

arekks

Novice
Read back to see my previous comments a page or 2 back. Nobody disputed any of what I said. Racism is illegal in Calvard (this is discussed in the story, not my opinion), and Calvard's "founder" was basically a feminist antifa activist

lmfao

culture war shit is so gay

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.gematsu.com/2022/10/the...h-14-2023-in-north-america-march-17-in-europe
About

Following the events of Trails from Zero, the Special Support Section find themselves with new members and new duties. However, rising tensions in Crossbell along with pressure from two neighboring political powers threaten both the safety of their home, as well as the integrity of their team.

The story of aspiring hero Lloyd Bannings continues in Trails to Azure!

Set just a few months after the events of Trails from Zero, a temporary peace has settled over Crossbell and the Special Support Section find themselves with newfound fame and status, thanks to their heroic actions.

However, the peace is soon broken with the rise of multiple organizations with ulterior motives. Framing these growing tensions is the increasing pressure from the Erebonian Empire and the Republic of Calvard, with Crossbell caught between them. With the safety of their home and the foundations of their team now on the line, Lloyd and his allies must gear themselves for the threats that loom ahead. Little do they know that Crossbell will soon become the stage for a climactic conflict that will determine its future…

Key Features

• The Fate of the City-State – Play through the finale of the Crossbell arc, a key thread within the Trails universe. What lies ahead for Lloyd Bannings and his ragtag squad of allies?
  • Crossbell’s Finest ForcesExperience new combat features introduced by Trails to Azure, including Burst, Back Attack, and even your own customizable car. Also, meet a few familiar faces from the Trails of Cold Steel series!
  • Power from the Past – Import save data from Trails from Zero for a different story experience, including additional event scenes and entirely new scenes! Also, use your save data from Trails to Azure for bonuses in the upcoming release of Trails into Reverie!

Jinn

Arcane
Way too fucking far off. These bastards better have Kuro ready for us by fall 2023, but I'm sure they won't.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
I have played 23 hours of Cold Steel 2. I prefer it to Cold Steel 1, to be honest. The exploration is mostly linear, but the story is ramping up. The soundtrack is top tier, which I was already expecting. I won't say that I am plowing through the game, but I am mostly doing quest or plot relevant stuff. Can't say that I have been chatting up many NPCs.

I don't mind the 2023 release date, to be honest. I have a lot of catching up to do.

Jinn

Arcane
I don't mind the 2023 release date, to be honest. I have a lot of catching up to do.

Well duh. I wouldn't care about the 2023 release date if I still had the Crossbell duology and 200 hours of Cold Steel ahead of me either. It's a blow to those of us who are caught up and have already been waiting for a long time as it is. I wouldn't be complaining in the first place if I didn't know that Reverie is being staggered to accomodate the Crossbell releases - games that should have been released in English years and years ago in the first place.

Ysaye

Arbiter
Have to say I am enjoying playing the "official english translation" Trails to Zero at the moment on my new Aya Neo Air Pro; it really shines on the OLED screen but still feels like playing the earlier games as I was on PSP/Vita.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom