Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Lord of the Rings Online - Corsairs of Umbar expansion out now

Sinilevä

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Does anyone know what is the status of a private server and if it's happening at all? Feel like playing lotro, but since the introduction of negro-tranism I'm not touching the official version even with a ten foot pole. :M
What about negro trannism? Details?
Post #388 in this thread on the previous page. What a glorious update. Truly enriched this game. :M
Just depends on how much it bothers you on principle of cringey corporate pandering. For whatever it's worth I haven't seen a single person using any of the new options.
Yeah man, I know, but this is still like putting a tea spoon of shit into a barrel of honey.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Does anyone know what is the status of a private server and if it's happening at all? Feel like playing lotro, but since the introduction of negro-tranism I'm not touching the official version even with a ten foot pole. :M
What about negro trannism? Details?
Post #388 in this thread on the previous page. What a glorious update. Truly enriched this game. :M
Cretinous but not exactly shocking, as I'm sure everyone would agree.

I guess with the next update they're gonna be even more inclusive and allow you to play as an Azgul, the friendly Orcish Gondorian farmer, tending his field with his elven wife and three kids - a black human, an Asian Dwarf and a little dragonkin Glauie with his cute little wings, descending from grorious Glaurung.

Retards gonna retard, thank fucking god for PJ making his shit 20 years ago.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
PJ was already retarded, things just got ramped up to 11 since
His retardery is in peppering an epic piece of high literature, full of poetry and art, with shield skating and videogamey akshun sequences.

As much as I was annoyed with dumb Hollywood shit like that back then, in retrospect this seems wonderfully innocent.

If LotR was made today the fellowship would look like this:

73212119-12298801-image-a-139_1689332652585.jpg

I used to love this game, and even respected that they kept it going after all these years despite it being a shadow of its former self. However, after the ESG bullshit including ROHIRRIM WOMYNZ OF COLOUR I don't give two shits about it. Fuck it up the ass.

fabrulana

Augur
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Must say terrible video to introduce new content, Lord of the Rings is known for its lore and they just show a few fights with some scenery... does not entice me at all.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
I used to love this game, and even respected that they kept it going after all these years despite it being a shadow of its former self. However, after the ESG bullshit including ROHIRRIM WOMYNZ OF COLOUR I don't give two shits about it. Fuck it up the ass.
Same here. As soon as they told me what to think and changed Tolkien's world even more to fit their agenda, fuck them and I hope they burn :)

Someone ought to tell them that Umbar is located next to Near Harad which is a desert, and that the Corsair culture there ought to be aping the Barbary Pirates (Perhaps with a bit of Byzantine architecture to reflect its Númenórean founding) not the Pirates of the Caribbean.

Untitled.jpg

Turner_Mohan_-_Umbar.jpg

logrus

Augur
Project: Eternity
To be honest, I'm yet to meet anyone in-game using these new settings. But on the other hand - I'm on RP server, so I guess people here take lore more seriously and try to follow it.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
To be honest, I'm yet to meet anyone in-game using these new settings. But on the other hand - I'm on RP server, so I guess people here take lore more seriously and try to follow it.

Did the make changes to existing NPC's? How about new NPC's?

It doesn't matter that people don't use it - the fact that it's in the game is egregious enough. Obviously no self-respecting Tolkien fan would ever condone such a thing, but it is nonetheless there, and there's nothing anyone can do about it except stop playing, which is what I did.

The most basic thing about this sort of woke infiltration is that it always begins like this: "oh, you don't HAVE to use it you know, it's just an OPTION, are you against OPTIONS?". Yes, as a matter of fact, I am, in this specific case and many others.

Last edited:

Jeskis

Brother
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I think I’ve heard that the original developer of LotRO Turbine was somehow connected to Warhammer Online AoR. I can even see similarities in how they both look. Am I confusing things?

I think you're confusing things, yes. Warhammer Online was developed by Mythic, a company that was based in Virginia and which developed Dark Age of Camelot. They were later purchased by EA and became EA Mythic, and the rest is history.

Turbine was an entirely separate entity and to my knowledge had nothing to do with Warhammer Online whatsoever.

Warhammer Online was developed in Gamebryo, while afaik LOTRO used a proprietary engine.

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Are any Codex people still playing this? Care to share some info about the state of the game?

Sonic Titan

Educated
Don't bother with retail. Get into Echoes of Angmar.

https://www.echoesofangmar.com/
Based, thanks for this.
You’re welcome. Echoes is pretty sick. It was out in open beta Fall of last year, but exploiters ran so rampant that the dev team shut everything down for literally like 8 months to get their project in order. Very exclusive closed beta. Lots of progress since then. Check out the discord if you’re interested in more information with active discussion and resources.

Not fully released yet, but they’re taking a page out of WoW Classic’s hardcore page and have been doing that alongside their beta testing. Not sure if beta keys are currently available, but they open and close periodically. Their discord is the place to be if any/all are interested in classic LotRO

ADL

Prophet
https://massivelyop.com/2024/05/04/...umbar-and-the-mariner-class-for-lotro-points/
As Lord of the Rings Online wraps up its anniversary celebrations this weekend, one welcome addition arrives for patient players to partake. That’s right, both the Corsairs of Umbar expansion and the new Mariner class finally can be purchased for LOTRO Points in addition to actual money, so if you’ve been saving your points in anticipation of the six-month mark, now’s the time.

If you want to know, the expansion costs 2995 LOTRO Points and the class 1000 LP to pick up. Note that they must be purchased separately if you’re taking this route.
Figure there's some lifetime membership users on here that have been waiting for this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom