Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Angthoron

Arcane
So, the biodrones are discontent and are hating on Bioware? What will the Codex ever do to live up to its contrarian pedigree...
Well Serious_business seems to be at the forefront of that movement.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Just anothe rsheeple blindly going along with the new age hate. Not imopressed with his troll. 1.5/10
He might be a sheeple, he might blindly going along with the new age hate. But the things he says are in the game, they are true (if you doubt that you didn't even play ME3). The writers of Bioware are terrible hacks.

Schleichwerbung

Educated
So, the biodrones are discontent and are hating on Bioware? What will the Codex ever do to live up to its contrarian pedigree...

They hate BioWare for the wrong reasons. They can still suck my dick. And should stay the fuck away from the Wasteland 2 forums.

Oesophagus

Arcane
Just anothe rsheeple blindly going along with the new age hate. Not imopressed with his troll. 1.5/10
He might be a sheeple, he might blindly going along with the new age hate. But the things he says are in the game, they are true (if you doubt that you didn't even play ME3). The writers of Bioware are terrible hacks.

I haven't played ME3, so I don't know, but he's still a retard if he only now noticed all the shit that Bioware has been dumping on him for the last couple of years

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

I haven't played ME3, so I don't know, but he's still a retard if he only now noticed all the shit that Bioware has been dumping on him for the last couple of years
Of course. But this doesn't make his statement invalid. He is a retard who has good points about why the ending is a piece of garbage.

Hegel

Arcane
If anything, DU should close forum regs, there can only be one Volo per cycle.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Any word on when RedLetterMedia's "review" is coming out?
I dunno

but someone should send them this

and the jennifer derpler fake controversy one

41483_1364184787_2132_n.jpg

Oriebam

oh yes did I already post that one

let's watch it again, it's p. good

Oriebam

I'm going by memory

p. sure that's some mindblowing shit for some people still

Ivory Samoan

Liturgist
I would shove this video into every Biodrone' and Biosheeple's face. And after that I would punch them in the balls.

I quite like his videos, he generally speaks a bunch of sense.

I'm also indoctrinated, so this could be Harbinger talking... whilst eyeing up a Gay romance option.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
oh yes did I already post that one

let's watch it again, it's p. good

Wait I thought it was said that the part where she trashed Tolkien and other "old white guys" wasn't true,is that true after all?This shit is becoming so complicated that you need a notebook to remember which things are accurate and which are just made up:?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I quite like his videos, he generally speaks a bunch of sense.

Guy in that video has good points, too bad his style is the moronic, frenetic internet meme style that 90% of youtube jokers use. The quick hit editing is terrible, too. Would be ten times better if it was just him talking in a normal tone at a normal pace.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In

They hate BioWare for the wrong reasons. They can still suck my dick. And should stay the fuck away from the Wasteland 2 forums.

Yeah, they only hate BW for not being able to have their sunshine and rainbows ending with their virtual lovers not because they create linear popamole shooters with no choices.

corvus

Arcane

Nice. But that one quoted poster equating this whole thing in military terms is retarded. And all this hyperbole about not letting up, keep up the pressure! Discontent Biodrones probably seem themselves something like this:

JF0da.jpg

Yeah, they only hate BW for not being able to have their sunshine and rainbows ending with their virtual lovers not because they create linear popamole shooters with no choices.

Pretty much this. Except only a few probably genuinely "hate" BioWare, and will think slightly more in the future before buying from them. But, like in that thread Kashrylyyk posted, one EA employee makes a vague post filled with nothing but innocuous pleasantries and the Biodrones are falling over themselves to praise the guy. Mainstream gamers continue to be retarded consumers. This actually reminds me of that Skyway post where he divided people into those who enjoy games, and gamers. Say what you like about the Codex and its supposed hivemind hypocrisy, at least people here don't start clamoring for "movements" to pressure developers into changing games they enjoy. These people don't think, "I was disappointed with their last product, I probably won't buy their next one." Instead they start talking about organizing e-protests to show their dissatisfaction and get all political about a fucking game. I'll stop now before I get all Wyrmlordian and start siding with EA. :eek:

Mig

Educated
Don't know if this has already been posted, too many pages to check :P
It's all the "different" endings played at the same time.

LoPan

Learned

That made me feel a bit sick inside. I'm sure PR people have their terms and ways, but knowing about them is hardly relevant and goodness knows he himself could be a PR agent considering how much he is promoting the notion of forming movements and not letting up the resistance. Outrage and controversy is free PR after all. I heavily doubt the fellow is part of some PR conspiracy, but what's with this idea of forming and maintaining the thrust of a movement? Online movements, even the ones that are actualized (a good example would be the Orange Revolution), fail because they are not led by a belief or ideology or any other guiding concern that deals with the long-term. Is this movement business really about making sure EA funds Bioware to make and sell an alternative ending? People are forming a movement to get to buy something?

I doubt it's anything very populated, but the phraseology, and the vague and glorified intentions, are rather uncomfortable to read through. Then again, I suppose they are doing the just thing according to capitalism by making votes out of their wallets.

edit: oh yeah, the Wasteland 2 and Double Fine kickstarters; capitalism is so confusing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom