Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
jWpVw.jpg

oSKkC.jpg
MYgsW.jpg

beZEZ.jpg
uHJTr.jpg

MOADl.jpg

Urdnot Ratch's Complete Guide to the Human's Managing PR Through Crisis

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/9927711/1#9927711

Let's begin with last fall's script leak. Whereas any krogan businessman would just headbutt the creator of the leak and then face the consequences head on this was not possible for humans. So they used what the Krogan School of Business refers to as the 3Ds of the Salarian Strategy.

* Deny the script was current

* Deceive by saying that there were many unique endings that would be relevant to choices made by Shepard

* Decry your critics saying they needed to judge the finished product

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
stop it people

if this keeps up I will end up fapping, that is not good

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/10458057/1

eMYVd.jpg

118q8ee.jpg

Ending DLC confirmed. Won't change the endings or address the plotholes and fix the stupidity, but will explain more. Basically, filler/exposition cinematics or ending slides DLC.

:bravo:

Well done, BioWare. Did not think any developer could sink so low, so quickly. But this whole ME 3 controversy, combined with all the Kickstarter stuff and AoD demo (which I'm downloading right now) has made me somewhat optimistic about the future of RPGs. Thanks for being apart of that.

KCQYi.png

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's almost as if the intended to make the ending as shit as possible to steal heat from them cutting the Prothean out of the game to make people pay for him.

Pegultagol

Erudite
Bioware pandered to them so they basically deserve each other, its like an ecosystem of derp. I am awaiting the ending butthurt part deux, after Bioware shows any inkling of temerity to charge for this clarification DLC.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Urdnot Ratch's Complete Guide to the Human's Managing PR Through Crisis

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/9927711/1#9927711

Let's begin with last fall's script leak. Whereas any krogan businessman would just headbutt the creator of the leak and then face the consequences head on this was not possible for humans. So they used what the Krogan School of Business refers to as the 3Ds of the Salarian Strategy.

* Deny the script was current

* Deceive by saying that there were many unique endings that would be relevant to choices made by Shepard

* Decry your critics saying they needed to judge the finished product

Urdnot Ratch wins the internets:salute:

Schleichwerbung

Educated
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1221492p1.html

IGN's second opinion on Mass Effect 3. I don't know what to say

"The Galaxy At War system feels incredibly arbitrary."

"And what was that great reward? A cutscene featuring a bunch of characters I've never seen before, and a final moment where I see some familiar faces stranded in a jungle."

"I wanted to love everything about Mass Effect 3. Actually if you take away the ending and a few buggy moments the game is still phenomenal. But instead of ending on something noteworthy, all this final moment did is make me think of how expertly crafted a similar ending was in Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. "

Still, 10/10 GotY !

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
How is it that all these people who are supposed to talk about stories for a living do not know the meaning of 'denouement'.

It's not that hard. Just throw away your thesaurus and use words you actually know.

/pedantanger

circ

Arcane

"And what was that great reward? A cutscene featuring a bunch of characters I've never seen before, and a final moment where I see some familiar faces stranded in a jungle."

"I wanted to love everything about Mass Effect 3. Actually if you take away the ending and a few buggy moments the game is still phenomenal. But instead of ending on something noteworthy, all this final moment did is make me think of how expertly crafted a similar ending was in Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. "

Still, 10/10 GotY !
EDGY FOR THE SAKE OF THEM HITS AND THEM MOTHERFUCKING AD DOLLARS! GOGOGO.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
How is it that all these people who are supposed to talk about stories for a living do not know the meaning of 'denouement'.

It's not that hard. Just throw away your thesaurus and use words you actually know.

/pedantanger
It's not pedantry when it's a critical int failure related to someone's profession. I just can't see how people are so sloppy AT THEIR JOB, THE THING THEY DO ALL DAY LONG. They don't ever put in the effort to build a basic vocabulary?

PS what's denouement mean?
Denoument is the point in the story after the climax where plot threads are resolved, the tension winds down, character arcs are brought to a conclusion, and everything comes to a tidy end. Generally, this is the last chapter of a book or the epilogue. Mass Effect *did not have* a denoument from what I've read about the ending, so calling the entire game 'denoument' as a substitute for 'conclusion' is just moronic.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer

Still, 10/10 GotY !
To give *some* credit to the mainstream critics, they are usually under very tight time pressure to review games. Often they are given a week or less to do so. I've never been on a strict deadline with reviewing stuff, but for those that are, sometimes the flaws in a game don't really manifest until repeat playthroughs, or until you start going into the optional content, or until you kind of sit down for a few days and think back on it. The scores are always going to be high (and for what it's worth Mass Effect 3 is still a good game in comparison to what's been released this year so far), but even the best critics can overlook things when they've got to play and review a 40 hour game in the span of 3 days.

I actually respect IGN a little more for putting out these occasional second opinion articles. Their reviews and articles may suck, but at least they show they do have some honest opinions underneath all the hyperbole, even if they're afraid to express them within the initial sales window. Not that I ever read them, but yeah.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
IGN and others second opinion pieces are basically "Ok we sucked your corporate cock, got your money, here's how we really feel."

Darklife

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Okay I've been lurking a long time, but after playing through this game I just had to say how awesome the final scene with the two midgets in space was. So SHEPARD became a legendary figure, someone who guided humanity back then? Is that why he was remembered as THE SHEPARD? if that's true, then we are truly blessed to live in an age where we don't have to look back to ancient Greece for tragedy, BECAUSE NOWADAYS BIOWARE'S SCRIPTS ARE WRITTEN BY MOTHERFUCKIN' SOPHOCLES INCARNATE!!!!

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I would be willing to cut IGN some slack if they didn't willingly participate in a broken system where the publishers directly control how their games are reviewed.

IGN and others second opinion pieces are basically "Ok we sucked your corporate cock, got your money, here's how we really feel."
EA probably doesn't give a shit at this point because the game's already been out for two weeks. Most of the game's lifetime sales happen in that time, so any negative press at this point isn't really going to hurt anything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom