Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
I dunno about you nvidia bros, but I always end up subconsciously hating the games ATI advertises in CCC. But that might just be because Catalyst is a buggy piece of shit that's harder to remove than most actual malware.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
bAFMN.jpg

Oesophagus

Arcane
You know, Bioware can still make this thing fly. All they need to do in the ending DLC is to reveal that the god-kid is a Donald Rumsfeld character, who just lied to sheperds about the whole organics-synthetics thing.
It was all about oil from the start!: x

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
In the upcoming DLC: 'Mass Effect 3 - You Thought The Other Was The Real Ending LOL', Bioware will reveal that everything that happened after the intro in Mass Effect 2 was a fabrication of Shepard's dying mind.

At least that way the 'plot' would make sense.

Angthoron

Arcane
You know, Bioware can still make this thing fly. All they need to do in the ending DLC is to reveal that the god-kid is a Donald Rumsfeld character, who just lied to sheperds about the whole organics-synthetics thing.
It was all about oil from the start!: x

Well, oil is actually made out of organic stuff.

THEREFORE OIL IS PEOPLE.

Oesophagus

Arcane
Well, oil is actually made out of organic stuff.

THEREFORE OIL IS PEOPLE.

Thus, with two off-the-cuff posts, the Codex creates an immensely more plausible and interesting plot than ME3. Which does not mean that it's any good

MCA
I think Reapers are from the future. Civilisations will develop terrible weapons that will destroy everything so in the end, the only option they will end up with will be to send their terrible weapons that destroyed everything back in time to destroy everything in the past to prevent the weapons being developed in future.

Now, incidentally, time travel takes 10K or 50K years or whatever it was in the game.

Regdar

Arcane
In the upcoming DLC: 'Mass Effect 3 - You Thought The Other Was The Real Ending LOL', Bioware will reveal that everything that happened after the intro in Mass Effect 2 was a fabrication of Shepard's dying mind.

At least that way the 'plot' would make sense.

Earlier than that bro. Think prothean beacon on Eden Prime in ME1. :troll:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
@Bioware

Make the "Fixed true ending DLC" exactly the same as the one already in the game, followed by a cut to Shepherd lying in a hospital bed. Ash/Kaidan are standing next to Shepard talking to Doctor Chakwas. In the back, the stereotypical heartbeat monitor bleeping from hospital dramas emenates from some life support equipment.

Kaidan: "Doctor, do you think Shepard will ever wake up again?"
Chakwas: "I'm afraid not. The protean artefact on eden prime completely fried Shepards mind. He/She may be experiencing lucid dreams, but he/she will forever be locked in this vegetative state"
*The 3 of them look thoughtfully at Shepards unconscious body for a moment*
Ashley: "I guess this is mercy then."
Ashley disengages the life shupport machine. Cut to the heartbeat monitor slowing down, then flatlining while sad music plays.

Here's a track you can copy-paste.

I'd buy that DLC. Hell, I'd buy ME3 for that DLC.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
@Bioware

Make the "Fixed true ending DLC" exactly the same as the one already in the game, followed by a cut to Shepherd lying in a hospital bed. Ash/Kaidan are standing next to Shepard talking to Doctor Chakwas. In the back, the stereotypical heartbeat monitor bleeping from hospital dramas emenates from some life support equipment.

Kaidan: "Doctor, do you think Shepard will ever wake up again?"
Chakwas: "I'm afraid not. The protean artefact on eden prime completely fried Shepards mind. He/She may be experiencing lucid dreams, but he/she will forever be locked in this vegetative state"
*The 3 of them look thoughtfully at Shepards unconscious body for a moment*
Ashley: "I guess this is mercy then."
Ashley disengages the life shupport machine. Cut to the heartbeat monitor slowing down, then flatlining while sad music plays.

Here's a track you can copy-paste.

I'd buy that DLC. Hell, I'd buy ME3 for that DLC.

Half the Biodrones would die from apoplexy.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Half the Biodrones would die from apoplexy.

Not yet.

(credits + sad music)

Wait, what's this, an after the credits cutscene?

Maybe...maybe it wasn't, wait, this is that mining cavern wher-

oh no

no, no no

[floating female asari skeleton in scientist suit.]

as the cutscene fades, Liara's faint voice: "Shepard..."

-Mass Effect 3 Menu-

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom