Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Regdar

Arcane
And if Shepard wasn't there to save Tali'Zorah from Fist's men, guess what happens to her in that abandoned alleyway. Let's just say an infection from open-air exposure was the least of her problems.

I'm sure merutudaunu-sama can scour the seedier parts of the internet for a picture that adequately depicts the situation.

(HINT: They don't call him "Fist" for nothing, hyuk hyuk)

sgc_meltdown

Arcane

oops, forgot something

"Liara, oh god Liara, I wasn't there to s-what the FUCK, another cutscene?"

[Garrus in bed with Tali, cuddling. The camera is aimed squarely at Garrus's side of the bed. You mostly see only his scarred turian ass and Tali's gloved, carressing hands kneading his back as she giggles. Fade to black]

-Achievement unlocked-

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I have to say, this... "theme" is annoying. I fucking hate when people do this, especially when the "theme" was already shitty from the beginning

All we wanted was to get emotionally engaged bro. Why won't you let us engage our emotions? :(

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
bros, can you supply me with the creepy stalker-molester sheppard face reaction pic? I can't seem to find it.

thanks

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
I have to say, this... "theme" is annoying. I fucking hate when people do this, especially when the "theme" was already shitty from the beginning

What the fuck. Music is one of the few good things about Mass Effect series. :oops:
I don't understand music
but you know that part of the music that was used in the trailers and is in the video? that's annoying

dumb nitpick on my part, probably

RPGMaster

Savant
2l92l8o.jpg

BioWare, helping the world one lesbian at a time. :salute:

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Wait a second, 'Maria Caliban'? Wasn't that the name of the person who exposed Andyman's LP of the Escapist forums before it could properly begin? It's not exactly a common username...

Edit: Yeah, it was.

wtf.jpg

:x

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
I thought I recognized that from somewhere

strange, there seems to be no such poster there

edit: oh, may have been wiped

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
BioWare refuses cupcakes sent in from fans, donates them to local shelter.

The reason for rejection?

The gesture certainly gained our attention both with its creativity and deliciousness. However, while we do appreciate that fans were creative in how they expressed their views, after a lot of discussion, we decided ultimately the reason that they were sent was not done in the context of celebrating the work or accomplishment of the Mass Effect 3 team. This is a subtle, but important aspect in determining how to pass the feedback to the team.

BioWare doesn't like feedback if it's negative.

:thumbsup:

But it's okay, they still "got the message".

People are spinning this incorrectly to say we are not listening to "negative feedback" and how bad we are and etcetera.

Wrong.

We did listen. At no time did we try to stop Fuss for making the cupcakes or delivering them (this would be unfair to Fuss and to the fans who sent the cupcakes and a generally dickish thing to do). When the cupcakes reached us, we did not refuse to take them (again, unfair to the people who sent them). I, along with Fernando, Mark and Alistair went down, met with Shadow Wrought, gave him some swag for being brave enough to show up and keep us honest and took them upstairs. We took all of the included messages out of the bags and boxes so we would not lose them (again, cuz we're listening). We did not throw them away, ignore them till they got stale or not use them as what they are, food. We chose not to eat them and gave them to a needy charity.

The message REACHED us. Whether we ate the cupcakes, threw them in teh garbage or donated them to charity is secondary to us getting the message, right? If we had (somehow) frozen time, put them in a display case for all time as a reminder of the message sent by fans, this would have been the same thing.

Us actually eating the cupcakes or not should not have been the issue. The issue was fans creatively sent us a message expressing their love for Mass Effect as a franchise, but dislike over the endings. This message was delivered to us and we got it loud and clear.

devil.png

Guess I was wrong, they do accept negative feedback. If you think otherwise, you are Wrong.

This has been successful on every front. Bioware got the message in a more physical method, they received a lot of fan letters, hungry kids got cupcakes, media attention was brought to our movement, and we demonstrated that it is natural to want a 4th option when the other three don't really fit the circumstances.

Mission Accomplished!

What's next for Retake Mass Effect in their valiant struggle?

Now who is up for organizing a Marauder Shields cake?

:yeah:

tNG6r.gif

Stinger

Arcane

Priestly probably ate them all himself and then pretended to Donate it to Charity to hide this from the others, the greedy fuck.

But seriously, holy crap Bioware really loves shitting all over the only people who actually give a fuck about their terrible writing.

Angthoron

Arcane

Priestly probably ate them all himself and then pretended to Donate it to Charity to hide this from the others, the greedy fuck.

But seriously, holy crap Bioware really loves shitting all over the only people who actually give a fuck about their terrible writing.
Priestly probably used the cupcakes as a reason to enter the shelter, whereupon he promptly devoured all of its inhabitants. Mmm, cupcake stuffing, he muttered to himself.

Chateaubryan

Cipher
Knowing their fans, they probably suspected the cupcakes were poisoned and threw them away.

....Oh.

Regdar

Arcane
They obviously didn't want it to look like a bribe, esp. if they have no intention on delivering ending DLC. Or at least, knowing that the ending DLC that was in the works wasn't aimed at satisfying the community.

But God, the whole culture of petitions, open letters and faggot-enabling politically correct speech and censorship is just sickening. BSN really is a gathering place for the loneliest, most desperate, sanctimonious, self-centered, self-deceiving, disgusting, degenerate and perverted filth on the internet.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The message REACHED us. Whether we ate the cupcakes, threw them in teh garbage or donated them to charity is secondary to us getting the message, right?

I was under the impression that the cupcakes were the message. Doesn't that mean, in other words:

"The message reached us. Whether we chose to listen to it, denigrate it, or dismiss it is totally secondary to us receiving it, right?"

I really have to fucking wonder what qualifies Priestley to be PR. Of all the bloated, arrogant, masturbatory comments to make...

Oesophagus

Arcane
curry said:
Chris Priestly you fat fuck. Did you share any with Hamburger Hepler or did you eat all by yourself?

Casey Hudson: So, Chris, where are the cupcakes that they sent us?

Chris Priestly: Oh, they're... they're around somewhere

CH: Yeah, but where exactly? I'm kinda hungry

CP: Um... I think Hepler knows, she's been looking after them. Yeah, go ask her

CH: Hepler's not in today, Chris.

CP: Oh...

CH: You didn't eat them, did you?

CP: Oh, nooo, no no no, no, of course not.

CH: Well then why are you covered in cupcake crumbs?

CP: What? Oh... Ummm... Th- Those were different cupcakes. Definitely not the ones they sent us.

CH: So where are the ones they sent us?

CP: Oh, um... You know, I think we gave them away to charity. Yeah, that. We gave them away to charity and I didn't eat them.

CH: Oh, okay

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Charity is Priestly's nickname for his stomach.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom