Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mas...n-Thoughtful-discourse-inside-10358346-1.html
I would like to take this chance to weigh in now that I have beaten the game and seen these endings everyone is up in arms over, both warranted and otherwise.
But why would my opinion matter? In no effort of ego, I would argue that I am what you could call an expert in story-telling and video game retail. As per this claim, I submit the following credentials-

Scholarly-
*Licensed English teacher, with emphasis on creative writing and literary studies, inclduing Science FIction, British (Medieval) Literature, and Gay, Lesbian, Trans-Gender and Queer Literature
*Phi Theta Kappa liberal arts and sciences national honor society member
*Cumulative grade point average in college literature and writing classes is 3.87, in over 108 credit hours over 6 years in two colleges
*Highest graded paper in the 37 year history of Film Analysis at a local college at 98% for an analysis of Creature From the Black Lagoon.
*Currently teaching Intro to Creative Writing, Creative Writing Fiction, and Creative Writing Screenwriting at a university, will be teaching 9th and 6th grade English/Language Arts starting January 2013

Retail-
*Human Resources manager and Electronics Supervisor for two years at Toys R Us
*Assistant Manager, Gamers, Inc for one year
*Wal-Mart electronics associate, one year
*Gamestop Senior Game Advisor, current (one year approx.)
*Retail commendations-
Joy Maker, TRU service award (three awarded in 2005, six in 2006)
40% Goal rating, three months running (Gamestop, average/normal goal is 12%)
Five “Good Job” awards, Wal-Mart

With that out of the way, I would hope that my experience grants me some element of respect in these fields. Now, shall we dive in to the matters at hand? I will make this first post the “literary” response to fan outcry and issues, and follow it in the second post with my responses to Mass Effect 3's ending controversies as a retail veteran.

yeah I know, great stuff

rest is kinda tl;dr for me because I didn't play the game but I'm sure my popamole bros can find something fun to quote

Surely this is a troll response right?

Steps to Being a Successful English Literature Student:

1. Receive book/story.

2. Pick a popular issue of the present.

3. Put that issue in your analysis.

4. SO DEEP.

So true. And then its graded based upon how much the professor agrees with your viewpoint on said issue, so make sure you chat with your professor after class and learn what their favourite things are. Don't fall for the "we accept any postulate so long as you can support it" trap.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I liked notch until he blew up on those yogscast guys for no reason and then acted like an asshole afterward.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"if that thread is correct, half the fucking BSN are literature majors. A bunch of pretentious liberal artfags who've supposedly studied the classics of world literature and still think Bioware writing is anything but uninspired. It's the stuff of nightmares."

On the interent, everyone is master fo everything. Those same people, in real life, are masters of nothing.

racofer

Thread Incliner
On the interent, everyone is master fo everything. Those same people, in real life, are masters of nothing.

13znwnk.gif

Stinger

Arcane
Stupid shit from bioware and their fans deserves its own thread.

The only thing that needs to be done is to change the title back to "LOL Bioware!" instead of people actually thinking we have been discussing Mass Effect for over 200 pages.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
HINT: The Codex are BIo fans.

"Are you a master of pottery Volly? "

Did you not read my post? This is the net so I'm master of everything. And, all of us are losers hence why we waste time here on the Codex.

R00fles!​

RPGMaster

Savant

13znwnk.gif

Some people stand in the darkness
Afraid to step into the light
Some people need to help somebody
When the edge of surrender's in sight..

Don't you worry!
Its gonna be alright
'cause I'm always ready,
I won't let you out of my sight.

I'll be ready (I'll be ready)
Never you fear (no don't you fear)
I'll be ready
Forever and always
I'm always here.

Captain Shrek

The Oracle says:
We find your question interesting. We have several references to entity token "MJ12" but all are ambiguous. Will be necessary to expend cycles to clarify relationships for codification of representative patterns before further recognition can be accomplished. This will be time consuming, but past working relationships have shown a 83.23% favorable return. Work with file "SH-187" was very instructive.
We will contact you again when information has been collated.
[[The Oracle would like to know your favorite color.]]

Random

Arcane
Patron
What is your name?

What is your quest?

What is your favorite color?

Captain Shrek

Bond, James Bond

Defeating and destroying SMERSH agents whereever I can find them.

Real men don't bother with favorite color. I take any woman I want regardless of her race.

Random

Arcane
Patron
You know, I think a Monty Python and the Holy Grail ending to Mass Effect wouldn't have been so bad.

Bahamut

Arcane
What can change the color of an ending?
3dglasses%20(2).jpg

Close one eye you got paragon ending, close the other one you get renegade and for bitchers CLOSE BOTH FUCKING EYES AND IMAGINE A ENDING YOU WANT

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom