Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

RPGMaster

Savant
o8x5hs.jpg

sad-baby.jpg

Oesophagus

Arcane
Bro, that's not the way to treat brilliant artists that work at BioWare, bro. What happens if they lose their job and have to cut off their ear as proof of concept?

As with all great artists, I'll start appreciating their work after they're dead

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
RPGMaster: You should see the rest of the comment thread. "Why so mean to BioWare, you meanies?" Haha.

To be fair to Epler, the dude's a cinematics designer. What can he really do to influence development? You can't pin the shittiness of BioWare games on his head.

I dunno, aside from the fact he's easily butthurt, he's a massive step up from the rest of the devs who post on the BSN. He helped re-move the "Why BUTTON AWESOME Gameplay Skipping is fucking moronic" thread (not literal title) after Woo deleted/moved it for "being offtopic" after I asked him to. So, that was nice. I'm sure Priestly or Woo would've told me to fuck off.

Also,

k4jztd.jpg

BSN has the funniest sigs. :lol:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
ME3 had crappy cinematic. Obviously game development is a team stuff. Every person on a team has its right to intervene in any part of the process. The whole stuff goes down in flames together, and ability to be sufficiently creative, crazy, and yet able to tolerate each other in team maters more than previous experience and formal education.

Honestly they had merely 22-55 people. They should still be able to intervene at any part in process. Or are you saying a team member from VD game would have an excuse when VD would say to him he should shut up? From my GD experience they never did, and because they were interested there was never a glaring flaw in the result. (Yes it's much easier when you are in "team" that has under 15 members.)

Regdar

Arcane
BSN is like a bunch of rednecks caught in a traffic jam, where every single car has some sort of libertarian/anti-govenment bumper sticker with a tacky catchphrase.

DraQ

Arcane
kluw4.jpg

Anyone care to post it on the bioboards? :troll:
Would play, actually.

Then again, I'd happily play normal ME series too, if it wasn't actually cinematic ride down the drain while attached to sticky cover. And if it didn't have ass-ari.

Regarding the endings - BSNtards are repulsive morons. The problem isn't that Shepard dies and doesn't get to live with his waifu or whatever - all the retards who have "Shepard deserves a better ending" or similar crap in their signatures should be dragged out* on the street and shot.
No, the problem is that the endings themselves are fucking retarded, along with most of the plot direction later in the series, regardless if Shepard and his waifu live, die or whatever.

*) yes, even if it would require the use of industrial grade tractors.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I would rather play into AoD or Wasteland 2, such type of near Future - Dark age of Technology setting is bland even without Space Smerfettes. And ME3 feels cheap when compared with second Part... 1/3 of companions, Hubs and enemies. Wonder if this was intended to be slum dunk like DA2. I am glad that Bodrones are raging though even when from profiligate perspective, the sooner Bio will sunk the better.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
And ME3 feels cheap when compared with second Part
And then you realize that this much superior second part is the one where you fly around the galaxy solving otherwise unremarkable people's (your squad) daddy issues, then finally confront human derper filled with human jelly.

Beats Meeting Starchild and
zwhv7.png
.... And this is non sequitur Never claimed that ME2 was good game merely well done and fun to play. :smug:

Miranda with small butt, Ashley made into Animu and collar grabbing replaced by gay/multiculti propagand is not fun.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Layoffs will be following soon. "

Don't be an idiot.

But, let's follow your stupid logic.

ME2 sold .5mil copies = success

ME3 sold 1.3 copies = failure

WTF?

This also includes only hardcopy sales and NA sales only. Don't be a doffus.

Even at just $50 (I paid $70ish).. that's $50mil after 1 mil copies sold. I seriously doubt ME3 is a financial failure. Dumbasses. L0L

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
"Layoffs will be following soon. "

Don't be an idiot.

But, let's follow your stupid logic.

ME2 sold .5mil copies = success

ME3 sold 1.3 copies = failure

WTF?

This also includes only hardcopy sales and NA sales only. Don't be a doffus.

Even at just $50 (I paid $70ish).. that's $50mil after 1 mil copies sold. I seriously doubt ME3 is a financial failure. Dumbasses. L0L

Volly cannot into simple math. They don't get all the $50 mil out of those sold copies. And then you have to add another $100 mil for marketing cost. Dumbass.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Morgoth, i read your bullshitz on the Obsidian baords.. now you sopam it here too. WTF

Yeah, because ME3 marketing cost $100mil (lolz) but ME2's amrketing was so much less than ME3's. LMFAO

You do a good job trolling. R00fles!

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Skyway argued that ME3 would be profitable at 1m units sold, and didn't accept the existence of marketing budgets.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Thyat's a point against ME3's financial success as skyway is a moran. :(

Grimlorn

Arcane
But Volly where are you getting that .5 million from? According to the article ME2 sold over a million on the 360 in one month and ME3 has only sold 900k over the first month on the 360. It's on track to under perform compared to ME2. Wouldn't that lead to layoffs?

Pretty soon Bioware is going to have to keep on giving all their players free game time for SWTOR to keep them playing it. Won't work in the long run though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom