Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Are you retarted?

Stinger

Arcane
"Layoffs will be following soon. "

Don't be an idiot.

But, let's follow your stupid logic.

ME2 sold .5mil copies = success

ME3 sold 1.3 copies = failure

WTF?

This also includes only hardcopy sales and NA sales only. Don't be a doffus.

Even at just $50 (I paid $70ish).. that's $50mil after 1 mil copies sold. I seriously doubt ME3 is a financial failure. Dumbasses. L0L

Volly cannot into simple math. They don't get all the $50 mil out of those sold copies. And then you have to add another $100 mil for marketing cost. Dumbass.

at list it dint bomb lik AP or SOzzy or DS3 roofles!

Morans Mass effect 3 is a sukcess. That is FACT.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
339px-Mass_effect_jacob.jpg

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Well, at least Racist Bitchard acknowledged Jacob as a person.

(Unlike BioWare, who acknowledged him as a guest on Jerry Springer.)

Angthoron

Arcane
Lovely story by Chuck, added.

Here more Indiegogo LULZ:
Samara from Mass Effect 2 cosplay with the real model!
http://www.indiegogo.com/Samara-from-Mass-Effect-2-cosplay-with-the-real-model-
Funded, of course.

228919_242575235765609_124410130915454_838937_1603543_n.jpg

Where's Samara's cleavage? I say, the woman should've used those 5K for a majestic boobjob.

Also, I hope that tattoo is real. A tramp-stamp that's also related to a videogame = maximum awkwardness. The look on "Samara's" face clearly confirms that.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Black already posted it in the EA thread, but this is also relevant to LOL Bioware!, so:

Hundreds of developers may soon find themselves out of work, as a StartupGrind report claims Electronic Arts is planning to lay off between 500 and 1,000 employees, as much as 11 percent of the company, with cuts coming as soon as this week.

The story is written by former EA employee and Burnout franchise product manager Derek Andersen and cites multiple sources within the company for the news. Andersen pointed to a variety of contributing factors for the cuts, noting that the massively multiplayer online role-playing game Star Wars: The Old Republic did not meet internal sales estimates and is facing declining subscription numbers.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/ea-laying-off-up-to-1000-report-6371851

biowaresss..jpg

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
Black already posted it in the EA thread, but this is also relevant to LOL Bioware!, so:

Hundreds of developers may soon find themselves out of work, as a StartupGrind report claims Electronic Arts is planning to lay off between 500 and 1,000 employees, as much as 11 percent of the company, with cuts coming as soon as this week.

The story is written by former EA employee and Burnout franchise product manager Derek Andersen and cites multiple sources within the company for the news. Andersen pointed to a variety of contributing factors for the cuts, noting that the massively multiplayer online role-playing game Star Wars: The Old Republic did not meet internal sales estimates and is facing declining subscription numbers.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/ea-laying-off-up-to-1000-report-6371851

biowaresss..jpg

The new EA strategy is to drive Bioware into the ground and then layoff the employees of other, successful franchises?

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/...ng-to-mass-effect-3.ars?clicked=related_right
I suppose you could argue this player control over the story isn't "complete" because the player can't stop certain key events from taking place, but the player also can't change the ending so that it involves Shepard riding a rainbow-colored unicorn while swinging a lightsaber at the Reapers. Truly "complete" control over the conclusion was only ever going to apply to the realm of fan fiction anyway.

While I sympathize with those upset by the narrative choices Bioware made regarding the ending to Mass Effect 3, I think it's a little disingenuous to suggest that players were actively misled about the game they were buying. Most of the supposed lies about the ending that fans have gathered from pre-release interviews are either subjective statements about the relative importance of certain events and the player's level of control, or the kind of "How awesome? So awesome" superlatives that marketing folk always throw out when talking about games pre-release. (The BBB's advertising code does suggest that "subjective superlatives which tend to mislead should be avoided," but try telling that to every developer or publisher that's ever talked about a game during a preview event).

The closest the quotes come to an objective lie, as far as I can tell, is Executive Producer Casey Hudson's claim that "it's not even in any way like the traditional game endings, where you can say how many endings there are or whether you got ending A, B, or C." Even here, though, you could argue that the wider ending, including the entire final battle with the Reapers, is dotted with little moments shaped by earlier choices throughout the series. You could also argue that community manager Mike Gamble's statement that "you'll get answers to everything" is a lie, but it's one that Bioware is already working one remedying.

In any case, a mature gamer should know that statements made about a game that's still in development are often aspirational and should always be taken with a grain of salt. The best laid development plans often have to be revised and thrown out as the actual street date for a game approaches. Being optimistic about how the final product will come together is not the same as outright lying about your goals.

In other words, smart readers should add the clause "We plan to..." in front of any statement a developer or publisher makes about a game that's still in development. Trust me, you'll be a lot less disappointed in your games if you do.

smart gamers are happy gamers

my favorite synonym for the week is 'aspirational' for 'bullshittery'

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Making fun of disabled people is...outside the scope of this topic at the very least.

The only thing this video has to do with BioWare foums is just the title of the video.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Making fun of disabled people is...outside the scope of this topic at the very least.

The only thing this video has to do with BioWare foums is just the title of the video.
Since this thread is still titled LOL Bioware in my mind, making fun of disabled people is pretty much THE topic of this thread.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom