Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
This cannot be a good omen.
sure. this. the fact that he actually bothers to play the games. not the shit progression from somewhat action rpg me1 to somewhat more action movie less rpg me2 to complete and utter shit interactive movie devoid of rpg me3...

DraQ

Arcane
I just wanted to blow off some steam here. Apparently the lead designer of Mass Effect 4 is replaying the whole trilogy now.....like not a year ago when they started ME4, but now......
And this is after making a huge song and dance about "forget the first 3 games, forget Shepard, because even while ME4 will be in ME universe there will be no connection...ever!"
So why the fuck is the lead designer replaying the friggin series now? It´s like they have run out of ideas and now they are reverting to previous series for ideas.
Bioware just keep wrapping themselves up in contradictions, i reckon they don´t know whether they are coming or going.

This cannot be a good omen. ME4 will be total disaster.

Yeah, looking at other games in a series before you make a new game in said series is really fucking abominable. I mean.. looking at the old games?! What the fuck are they thinking!? :M
I need my forums voiced over.
Fixed.

SausageInYourFace

Codexian Sausage
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I just wanted to blow off some steam here. Apparently the lead designer of Mass Effect 4 is replaying the whole trilogy now.....like not a year ago when they started ME4, but now......
And this is after making a huge song and dance about "forget the first 3 games, forget Shepard, because even while ME4 will be in ME universe there will be no connection...ever!"
So why the fuck is the lead designer replaying the friggin series now? It´s like they have run out of ideas and now they are reverting to previous series for ideas.
Bioware just keep wrapping themselves up in contradictions, i reckon they don´t know whether they are coming or going.

Yeah, looking at other games in a series before you make a new game in said series is really fucking abominable. I mean.. looking at the old games?! What the fuck are they thinking!? :M
Fixed.

Thanks for going through the effort of emphasizing a few parts of the original post for me that make it in no way any less pointless.

DraQ

Arcane

Fixed.

Thanks for going through the effort of emphasizing a few parts of the original post for me that make it in no way any less pointless.
Come back when the forums are voiced.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Okay people, place your bets, place youur beeeets right here!
Which next-gen© bioware game will be the next big fan-tastrophe?
Will inquisition deal the death blow to dragon age or will ME4 be able to top the me3 disaster?
Let's get ready to raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamble!

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I bet they'll cross over in horribly eldritch ways and the tweest will be that the Reapers are indoctrinated ancient unblighted dragons that are hoodwinked into thinking that the Darkspawn won and have infected the entire galaxy, which is why they keep trying to kill life repeatedly.

Caim

Arcane
Or, whatever planet Dragon Age takes place on turns out to be a world in Mass Effect as well. And then Shepard shows up in his Dragon Age armor and everything starts to get weird.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Okay people, place your bets, place youur beeeets right here!
Which next-gen© bioware game will be the next big fan-tastrophe?
Will inquisition deal the death blow to dragon age or will ME4 be able to top the me3 disaster?
Let's get ready to raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamble!
Both games have been in development for ages, at least for EA products, so they're not likely to be a rushed mess like DA2 and ME3 were. We know DAI is going to try to rip off Skyrim somehow, and Bioware has never done anything even remotely sandboxy before so that has the potential to be hilarious. On the other hand, the Mass Effect series is the clusterfuck that won't die, starting off mediocre and getting worse with each game. If they try to set the game as a sequel, that gives plenty of opportunity for them to fuck up and piss off the fans.

I'd say it's still too close to call at this point, but my instincts tell me that both games will be bad. The only questions I really have are a) will it be worse than ME3, and b) will something piss off the biodrones and alienate Bioware's fanbase even more?

Delterius

Arcane
Or, whatever planet Dragon Age takes place on turns out to be a world in Mass Effect as well. And then Shepard shows up in his Dragon Age armor and everything starts to get weird.
As it turns out Lhynn was right and we were fools for not believing him. The Indoctrination Theory was correct and Shepard could do nothing to stop the Reapers. When the Crucible was activated it caused a rift in reality which banned The Shepard to Thedas while also causing its recent Fade issues. Cue The Shepard reforming the Inquisition.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
We made jokes about a DA/ME crossover before ME3 came out. There might still be some at the beginning of this thread; IIRC it was created from a bunch of ME3 preview threads and like one thread bitching about DA2 originally.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Not calling you out bro, my opinion's not fact. I just think Arcanum is an inferior copy of Fallout 1 and 2 and its flaws outweigh its strengths.
An inferior clone of Fallout for an inferior clone of Mass Effect, which is worse and why?

Linden

Arcane
Anything Bethesda ever made?

Things are heating up in this thread.

tumblr_lpkmstFb541qgdsdb_thumb.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom