Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic The Might and Magic Discussion Thread

What is the best Might & Magic game in the series?

• Might and Magic: Book I

Votes: 17 2.3%
  • Might and Magic II: Gates to Another World

Votes: 29 3.9%
  • Might and Magic III: Isles of Terra

Votes: 59 8.0%
  • Might and Magic: World of Xeen

Votes: 182 24.6%
  • Might and Magic: Swords of Xeen

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven

Votes: 210 28.4%
  • Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor

Votes: 129 17.4%
  • Might and Magic VIII: Day of the Destroyer

Votes: 26 3.5%
  • Might and Magic IX

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Might and Magic X

Votes: 73 9.9%

• Total voters

solemgar

Educated
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
But how do you send the keys to the actual process once it gets the focus ? Or the script just runs in the background arbitrarily pressing keys?
All I do is execute the script (either from the command line or in any other way), switch the focus (I've got SLEEP_BEFORE_START seconds - set to 3 here) to the game (by clicking on its window), and... that's it.
The script acts exactly as if I was pressing the keys. In the current implementation, I can't change the focus while the script executes - this would require some magic with finding certain processes for the banal_click function, I don't know whether the pynput module allows that, and it probably wouldn't be portable (I ran this game on Wine under Linux).

And, by the way - deleting a team member overwrites the last save - so I recommend backing up your saves in this game.
Noice, thanks for the details ☺️

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Was playing merge mod from MM6, and didn't realize what the "bolster enemies" option did until just now. I thought I was just playing the game wrong (which, I wasn't really) and things were just more tanky than I remembered. Then I came across the well in Rockham and despite everything I tried, I could not defeat the ambush there. It took me maybe like half an hour of trying different things, having 40+ fire res, 40+ luck, and pretty good stats to realize that the fireballs were just doing too much damage to me and it took dealing over 250 damage to kill one of the archers. I looked at the settings and then turned it off, and was able to breeze past it after doing that. I just fundamentally misunderstood what the option was for, I thought it was for the other campaigns, not the current one. I was wondering why I just couldn't get past those wizard encampments in Free haven, they'd just R.I.P. me without me killing anything. I should have taken it as a sign earlier when I was having troubles with some giant rats in Bootleg bay.

Maybe I'll tweak it a bit later so that it's on and I'm not steamrolling, but I was getting outlevelled by the overworld content lol.

Kayato

Literate
Hello everyone, sorry for being a noob, I just signed up and I didn't find any presentation or generic topic so I'm writing directly here.
I was browsing the internet asking for information about Might and Magic 1 and 2 and they advised me to come here and ask.....and here I am! So what direction should I go than making posts about M&M 1&2?

Kayato

Literate
Ah ok, I was transported to this topic, perfect! So I recently finished M&M1 (also using some guides), but there are some things that aren't clear to me:
- Merchant Pass and King Pass: should you simply explore the world until you find them?
- The second part of the main quest (after the dog statue) here too do you simply have to explore all the locations you see on the map or was there any clue on where to go? (plus the BJ clue)
- Were there any clues in the answer to Og's question?

Mauman

Learned
Hello everyone, sorry for being a noob, I just signed up and I didn't find any presentation or generic topic so I'm writing directly here.
I was browsing the internet asking for information about Might and Magic 1 and 2 and they advised me to come here and ask.....and here I am! So what direction should I go than making posts about M&M 1&2?
I've never played MM1, but I've beaten MM2. What exactly is your question?

octavius

Arcane
Patron
IIRC there is a clue that you need the Merchant Pass, but not where to find it. But it is in a place you would likely explore in the early game.

As for the other questions, I don't remember the details, but I think there were some rather obscue clues.

Kayato

Literate
I've already finished the game, there are certain things I had to look for solutions online, I just wanted to understand if I hadn't found/understood some clues or simply there are no clues and you simply have to go around/try around the world.
Some of these things are:
-Merchant Pass and King Pass.
-Where to go after the "dog statue"
-The answer to Og's question

Covenant

Savant
Ah ok, I was transported to this topic, perfect! So I recently finished M&M1 (also using some guides), but there are some things that aren't clear to me:
- Merchant Pass and King Pass: should you simply explore the world until you find them?
- The second part of the main quest (after the dog statue) here too do you simply have to explore all the locations you see on the map or was there any clue on where to go? (plus the BJ clue)

The CRPG Addict notes the clues for Og's question in this post.

Kayato

Literate

The CRPG Addict notes the clues for Og's question in this post.
Thanks, that's an interesting point that I wouldn't have gotten to!
Sorry but I still suffer from the delayed approval of each post by a moderator since I'm still new!

Regarding M&M2, I saw that I can import the party and start from level 7, I'd say it's not bad! But I was seeing that there are 2 new classes: the Barbarian and the Ninja. Are they worth trying or can I go with the classic party? Will I have any "surprises" for sex or party alignment in this chapter?

Dorateen

Arcane
But I was seeing that there are 2 new classes: the Barbarian and the Ninja. Are they worth trying or can I go with the classic party? Will I have any "surprises" for sex or party alignment in this chapter?
There are barbarian and ninja hirelings available that you can bring along. And definitely expect some surprises.

Mauman

Learned
Regarding M&M2, I saw that I can import the party and start from level 7, I'd say it's not bad! But I was seeing that there are 2 new classes: the Barbarian and the Ninja. Are they worth trying or can I go with the classic party? Will I have any "surprises" for sex or party alignment in this chapter?

First off, the barbarian gets better hp, but worse armor than the knight. It balances out IMO. Can't remember if they're better fighters than the knights like in MM3/4, but they're at least as good as the knight (minus a few weapons they can't use). Ninja fight better than robbers but are worse at thievery. Plus robbers are useful for class quests.

Barbarians have a fairly easy class quest (at least in comparison to others) while the Ninja has one of the worst.

One of the first hirelings is a barbarian, so I wouldn't bother making one if you want to have one. Actually, now that I think about it, 2 of the earliest hirelings are barbarians.

And yes, sex an alignment crops up here and there. There's ways around this however.

Also, just a little piece of advice. Don't train in any town other than Atlantium if you can help it. You get bonus hp/mp by training there. It builds up. There's a way to fix this but it's very expensive and way later into the game. Also, skill potions are your friend. Keep a few on hand if you want to try going into areas you're not supposed to. Also a godsend for class quests.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I remember not finding the merchant's pass until I was a long way into the game, which made most of the quests you unlock with it an absolute joke for my overleveled party. I don't think there are any clues as to where to find it. If there are, I missed them too.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Alignment is very important in MM2, since all items that are +6 (or was it 8?) or better are alignment restricted. But MM2 is a very inclusive game that caters for the alignment fluid among us.

Mauman

Learned
Alignment is very important in MM2, since all items that are +6 (or was it 8?) or better are alignment restricted. But MM2 is a very inclusive game that caters for the alignment fluid among us.
Yeah....having something like a Good knight, Neutral barbarian, and evil paladin (or some combination therein) is probably a good idea. I seem to recall that the game favors certain sexes for certain classes as well due to putting (I think the personality one, and I want to say intelligence) stat enhancement pools in hard to reach locations for certain genders. I think, my memory is a bit hazy here.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Considering what a disappointment MMX was and the current trend of chasing Breath of the Wild.... yeah this is going to be some lame as real time 'rpg' with fantasy that's generic enough to be boring but weird enough to be retarded. Throw in some SJW nonsense and spending 90% of the budget on something retarded like a celebrity voice actor who doesn't want to be there. Wake me up when some crazy basement dweller makes a spiritual sequel to MM3-5 with no marketing. That'll be the good one.

Considering what a disappointment MMX was and the current trend of chasing Breath of the Wild.... yeah this is going to be some lame as real time 'rpg' with fantasy that's generic enough to be boring but weird enough to be retarded. Throw in some SJW nonsense and spending 90% of the budget on something retarded like a celebrity voice actor who doesn't want to be there. Wake me up when some crazy basement dweller makes a spiritual sequel to MM3-5 with no marketing. That'll be the good one.
I mean, I actually enjoyed MMX to a decent degree, even if it was made out of recycled assets and "here's your lunch money" budget.
I'd be ecstatic if this turns out to be just as good, but I'm expecting a far worse bastardization in an attempt to appeal to a a "modern audience".

madrigal

Augur
Also, skill potions are your friend. Keep a few on hand if you want to try going into areas you're not supposed to. Also a godsend for class quests.
Narrow window of usefulness soon made redundant when you find Gold armor.

Yeah....having something like a Good knight, Neutral barbarian, and evil paladin (or some combination therein) is probably a good idea.
Disagree, due to the existence of item duplication having all the same alignment is useful, also the most powerful weapon types can be obtained alignmentless and enchanted. Sharing alignment also means you only have to enchant one item instead of eight.

Mauman

Learned
Also, skill potions are your friend. Keep a few on hand if you want to try going into areas you're not supposed to. Also a godsend for class quests.
Narrow window of usefulness soon made redundant when you find Gold armor.

Yeah....having something like a Good knight, Neutral barbarian, and evil paladin (or some combination therein) is probably a good idea.
Disagree, due to the existence of item duplication having all the same alignment is useful, also the most powerful weapon types can be obtained alignmentless and enchanted. Sharing alignment also means you only have to enchant one item instead of eight.
fair enough.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom