Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The NON-Steam Bargain Sale Mega Thread of Savings

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
FYI I just got off the phone with Paradox.

We're going to extend this sale through the end of the week (6/2) since it is doing so well.

More importantly though. Everyone who purchased the Plentiful Paradox Package, and everyone who chooses to purchase it this week, will get 2 $23 promotional credits, 1 for

Europa Universalis Chronicles

and 1 for

The Hearts of Iron III Collection

That will make both of these games $6 each for those of you looking to round out your Paradox Grand Strategy collection.

Just a note that we won't start giving out the credits until tomorrow likely. There are a couple of people that I need to click a button here and there to turn the promotion on...and I think they are eating burgers right now...

Cheers,
Tony

Gord

Arcane
Anyone knows if Frayed knights is available only on the dev site or are there other options for getting it, too?

Edit:
It's on Desura, as well, and even a bit cheaper it seems (unless some tax will be added on check-out)

Captain Shrek

FYI I just got off the phone with Paradox.

We're going to extend this sale through the end of the week (6/2) since it is doing so well.

More importantly though. Everyone who purchased the Plentiful Paradox Package, and everyone who chooses to purchase it this week, will get 2 $23 promotional credits, 1 for

Europa Universalis Chronicles

and 1 for

The Hearts of Iron III Collection

That will make both of these games $6 each for those of you looking to round out your Paradox Grand Strategy collection.

Just a note that we won't start giving out the credits until tomorrow likely. There are a couple of people that I need to click a button here and there to turn the promotion on...and I think they are eating burgers right now...

Cheers,
Tony
:bro:

The Ticktockman

Scholar
For someone who's totally new to those types of games (uh, hardcore strategy I guess?), which of those two would you recommend (EU or HoI3)? Basically, which is more newbie-friendly?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Gothic series seems to be on sale at Gay-mer's Gate. $3 for G2+expansion.

Secretninja

Cipher
The DRM for risen started working near the end of the game so I never finished it. Too bad for them that by all accounts the last part is the weakest part.

mck

Cipher
Just play risen using gamersgate's void thing. It actually works great.

Humppaleka

Cipher
I really wonder if DS3 is worth the price. On the edge of buying but everything about is is so mixed I don't know.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I got it for $5, it's not terrible. The combat is decent but it's entirely linear, itemization is pretty bland, and the story is fairly generic and uninteresting. If you do get it don't bother with the expansion -- it's just more of the same and you really won't be dying for anything more than the 15ish hours or so the base campaign delivers. Played it once and since have had zero desire to go back and play again as another character/class.

Oh, btw, it is Steamworks so if you have some Gabe-a-phobia you don't want to buy it as Steam is required to play.

sser

Arcane
Developer
DSIII is the worst game I've played in years.

- Boring story.
- Boring characters.
- Boring setting.
- Boring action in an action-game.
- Interface is a fucking mess and that is being nice.
- Gameplay is all around shit, really.
- I thought the aesthetics were crap, but that's just me.

Turjan

Arcane
Amazon has the Plentiful Paradox Collection for $12.45 ($135.94)

1. Crusader Kings II [Download] 4.7 out of 5 stars (17) 700 MB $9.99
2. Magicka Collection [Download] 3.2 out of 5 stars (10) 635 MB $4.99
3. Magicka: The Stars Are Left DLC [Online Game Code] 4.0 out of 5 stars (2) $5.99
4. Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter [Download] 2.2 out of 5 stars (11) 2.0 GB $7.49
5. Swords of the Star - Complete Collection [Download] 3.8 out of 5 stars (10) 1800 MB $4.99
6. Victoria II [Download] 3.1 out of 5 stars (20) 500 MB $10.18

Note that most require you to install on Steam (blast!), but I mention this because Sword of the Stars Collection requires... an Impulse account?! At least according to the top comment on Amazon. Weirdsville, never heard of that before. True Steam haterizers can buy Sword of the Stars individually for $4.99, while true bros will buy the whole set and gift the vile steam games to their Grandma. (Steam's for grandmas, yo.)
Awesome! 4 Steam keys and two standalone games. That's really a great deal, especially as I didn't own any of those games before :).
I just got a message from amazon that they now added Steam keys for Victoria II and Sword of the Stars Complete, too. That finally perfects this deal. :thumbsup:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Two Worlds 1 is in that 'vote off' thing on GOG -- if it wins it'll be $4 tomorrow.

Zeus

Cipher
Yeah, I voted Two Worlds. Own a boxed copy but the DRM is a friggin joke.

FOR THE NEXT THREE HOURS!

http://game.giveawayoftheday.com/

Score an OMG FREE copy of UnReal World RPG, the Finnish iron age survival sim roguelike. It's awesome.

P.S. To assuage your fears, Giveaway of the Day is totally legit. You just have to install the game during the 24 hour period. Which, in the case of UnReal World RPG, is over in like three hours. GET ON THAT.

For anyone who missed out on the deal, don't bother bitterly pirating a copy. URU has an awesome tiered payment system: it's a shareware game you can register for $3. You won't get any updates, but you'll be able to play it enough to tell if updates are something you'd be into, or if your soft buttery ass can't handle the soulpunishing wilderness.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
A new sale on http://www.getgamesgo.com

So here's a selection of discount codes - put the item you want in your basket and apply the discount when you check out.
Commandos Complete 75% offREZZED01
Borderlands 80% offREZZED02
Sniper Elite V2 50% offREZZED04
Serious Sam 3 BFE 75% off REZZED05
Stronghold Kingdoms Deluxe 50% off REZZED06
These vouchers are valid until Tuesday 10th July. If you're at the show come and say hello!
But that's not all! We also have a couple of great 48hr-ish deals below. These will be running until 11am Monday (BST)!
Heroes VI 60% off

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom