Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

Quillon

Arcane
Melting people with a laser cannon.

That shit sucks, along with bloody mess thing. Dismembering enemies is way more fun than melting them to that generic ash pile/exploding them to generic bits.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Noone claims its better/on the level of BG/IWD. Its... fit for purpose. And the jrpg animations were great for me.
As well as progressing with Missile of Patience from a small prick, trough a summoned bow all the way to a multi-shot ballista...
Or witnessing Mechanus' Cannon... good times!
So you're saying FNV's combat can't be fun? Come ON hap. Sniping people's heads off at long range. Melting people with a laser cannon. Watching Boone rampage through Caesar's Legion like a godamn killing machine. Stomping around in Power Armour. None of these things are fun to you?

Those can be... very briefly. That terrible engine and drab environmental design manages to ruin it for me.
And yeah, enemies are pretty helpless vs sniping them with lazors so... not really fun.
Fallout 4 is a lot more fun, as far as shooting is concerned. Heck, even Outer Worlds has more fun combat.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I don't recall what was more expensive. Season pass or buying all separately. I opted upfront Season pass as there was a huge discount going on. Then i saw the reviews and speedrun.:prosper:

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
I picked it up on the sale currently on. Figured I'd get something out of it. I was wrong. Really struggling to even complete the first settlement's missions. It's just boring. The satire was done better in Bioshock Infinite, so was the combat, and where you'd expect the RPG to shine it shits out of anything but the most obvious binary decisions. It's such a weird game for taking the 50s SF styling and making it so dull.

thesecret1

Arcane
I picked it up on the sale currently on. Figured I'd get something out of it. I was wrong. Really struggling to even complete the first settlement's missions. It's just boring. The satire was done better in Bioshock Infinite, so was the combat, and where you'd expect the RPG to shine it shits out of anything but the most obvious binary decisions. It's such a weird game for taking the 50s SF styling and making it so dull.
Yeah, my experience was the exact same. It was just boring and dull to the extreme to the point I couldn't get past the first settlement because of it.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
That's what is bound to happen to creativity and free expression when there's a coven of zealots installed in the studio.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
That's what is bound to happen to creativity and free expression when there's a coven of zealots installed in the studio.

No, it's whats bound to happen when people spend decades hyping Fallout's creators as serious, thoughtful and intellectual anti-capitalist philosophers when the design document was literally "DUDE IN OUR GAME, IN IN OUR GAME, YOU CAN LIKE, SHOOT A KID, AND BLOW UP PREGNANT WOMEN HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!" level writing

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy

No, it's whats bound to happen when people spend decades hyping Fallout's creators as serious, thoughtful and intellectual anti-capitalist philosophers when the design document was literally "DUDE IN OUR GAME, IN IN OUR GAME, YOU CAN LIKE, SHOOT A KID, AND BLOW UP PREGNANT WOMEN HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!" level writing

This is clearly a red herring and, in and of itself, is undeserving of a response.

However, I will point out that the choice of how risqué one should be when writing one's fiction—be it a novel, screenplay, stageplay, or computer game—is always deliberate, something that must be weighed and decided upon. One never "accidentally" or "naturally" arrives at either a kid-friendly or an adults-only end product.

Therefore, your red herring is also utterly nonsensical.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

The Troika trio are certainly midwits, but that pitch document was meant for the dudebro Interplay middle management because that was the only kind of game they were interested in selling.

Codex Year of the Donut

The Troika trio are certainly midwits, but that pitch document was meant for the dudebro Interplay middle management because that was the only kind of game they were interested in selling.
Might want to look into why they lost the GURPS license.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Over in the ME thread they are saying this is worse than ME:A. That cannot be true can it?
It's the worst trash boring, medicore and soulless at least mass defect andromeda had meme faces and retarted sjw writing so it was good for a few laughs. The outer trannies has nothing but shitty art style and boring storyline.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom