Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Is anyone even excited for this besides IHaveHugeNick, Sailor Woedica and Infinitron? Seems like everyone who's not on Obsidian's payroll doesn't give a shit any more.

Fallout New Vegas is one of my favorite games from the last 15 years, so fuck yes I'm looking forward to Space Opera New Vegas. I'm sure it'll be buggy and flawed like all Obsidian games, and try-hards will rant and rave on here about that and it being an "aktchun game." I don't really give a fuck.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Is anyone even excited for this besides IHaveHugeNick, Sailor Woedica and Infinitron? Seems like everyone who's not on Obsidian's payroll doesn't give a shit any more.

Every prestigious Codexer is excited about this game. That's why they abandoned this thread at page 10, because there's no point arguing with limpdick edgelords who constantly hype the newest isometric Unity Eurojank shovelware with characters walking ass-backwards, but freak out when fucking Cainarsky game has colors different than brown.

Reminder that ShitNick was going apeshit over Numanuma not having white enough portraits. Talk about edgelords.

Also, "eurojank" (term used exclusively by faggots with a mouth full of dick, btw) vs. Obsidian AAA-wannabe trash. Fucking lol. And Cainarsky game. Even more lol. This is a game made by limp-dicked californians and SJWs first and foremost.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
As is Codex tradition, I can already predict that people who dedicated a year of their life to spamming this thread 24/7 about their lack of interest in Outer Worlds, are the same people who will be writing dissertations about different endings, 3 hours after launch.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
January.

I don't care about this game guys.

February.

I really don't care about this game guys.

March.

Seriously, I don't care about this game.

April.

Listen, I don't care about this game at all.

May.

Honestly I forgot this game exists.

June.

Hey guys, it's me again. I just wanted to remind you I don't care about this game.

July.

Hey it's me again, here are 150 reasons in the latest Outer Worlds video that made me not care about this game.

August.

Hey guys, I made a new account that also doesn't care about this game.

September.

Hey guys I couldn't log on today, so I asked me mum to post on my behalf that I don't care about this game.

October, Launch Day.

Hey, the bonuses from my Super Ultra Turbo Limited Edition preorder are not activating, anyone has that problem?

Last edited:

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
January.

February.

March.

April.

May.

June.

Hey guys, it's me again. I just wanted to remind you I don't care about this game.

July.

Hey it's me again, here are 150 reasons in the latest Outer Worlds video that made me not care about this game.

August.

September.

Hey guys I couldn't log on today, so I asked me mum to post that on my behalf that I don't care about this game.

October, Launch Day.

Hey, the bonuses from my Super Ultra Turbo Limited Edition preorder are not activating, anyone has that problem?

The truth of the matter is that shitposts drive discussion and thoughts on the game. This thread had no responses in days/weeks. One shitpost and now this thread is poppin'

Honestly, I feel that shitposts on codex drive discussion more than even a new preview or game information.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
The thread is popping because skilled shitposters capable of making high quality shit showed up.

Unfortunately most of the time it's the same 5 neckbeards posting the same 3 shitposts ad nauseum. Something something combat, something something colors, something something lesbian hair are SJW agenda. It's become so dull, I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't even bother to check this thread more than few times a week.

Deleted Member 16721

Disco Incline is going to my GOTY, but Stygian, Outer Worlds, Outward and others I'm probably forgetting were good too.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Outer Worlds will be best RPG, Disco Elysium the best point & click adventure and Greedfall the best backtracking simulator.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
January.

February.

March.

April.

May.

June.

July.

August.

September.

Hey guys I couldn't log on today, so I asked me mum to post on my behalf that I don't care about this game.

October, Launch Day.

You seem very butthurt that there are people who don't have your shit taste in games.

ShitNick in a nutshell:

HURRR I only care about the game but every other post I make is about people who disagree with me.

OK, OK, that's an oversimplified characterization of such a complex person as ShitNick. He also hates avatars with non-white people.

Same retarded bullshit as when people were being negative about inXile's garbage and ShitNick was literally in tears about the evil codex haters in every thread. Literally making post after post about it, just like now. Must be so painful when someone shits on whatever shit game you decided to cling your pathetic existence to.

Quillon

Arcane
Is Disco still gonna be procedurally generated story or whatever it was and not hand...written? :P

ed: yeah I looked it up; it has apparently "combining narratives"...whatever it means, its been too long since I looked into its thread but I swear there was discussion about procedural content; like creating pieces of map and combining them procedurally etc. Don't know where from "generated story" came to me tho.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
The thread is popping because skilled shitposters capable of making high quality shit showed up.

Unfortunately most of the time it's the same 5 neckbeards posting the same 3 shitposts ad nauseum. Something something combat, something something colors, something something lesbian hair are SJW agenda. It's become so dull, I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't even bother to check this thread more than few times a week.

This is pretty much the entire general gaming section lately. RPG section is thankfully a bit better.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is Disco still gonna be procedurally generated story or whatever it was and not hand...written? :P

ed: yeah I looked it up; it has apparently "combining narratives"...whatever it means, its been too long since I looked into its thread but I swear there was discussion about procedural content; like creating pieces of map and combining them procedurally etc. Don't know where from "generated story" came to me tho.

No, they orogininally described it as “a police procedural RPG” meaning an RPG like a police procedural TV show—think Law & Order. It never had anything to do with procedural generation.

Pegultagol

Erudite
This game is now available as part of bundle for AMD CPU products. It's practically available everywhere, Microsoft probably creating a Xbox bundle for it.

Frankly, I don't want this game to become some platinum chart topper, I'd like Cainarsky to stick around a bit more before sailing off into the sunset with their millions. I want to see one more sprawling AAA+ RPG from them given influx of serious Microsoft cash.

Quillon

Arcane
I'd like Cainarsky to stick around a bit more before sailing off into the sunset with their millions.

Cos they pay developers in 7 digits.

They'll make TOW 2 fo'sho tho, but Boyarsky wants its budget to be "within reason" so I wouldn't expect anything cutting-edge.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom