Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The thread is popping because skilled shitposters capable of making high quality shit showed up.

Unfortunately most of the time it's the same 5 neckbeards posting the same 3 shitposts ad nauseum. Something something combat, something something colors, something something lesbian hair are SJW agenda. It's become so dull, I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't even bother to check this thread more than few times a week.

This is pretty much the entire general gaming section lately. RPG section is thankfully a bit better.
I blame Infinitron and the megathread agenda. If there were no megathreads, no old threads would be popping up constantly; we'd have new threads instead. It's only because alerts are bringing back people to it that the thread keeps self-sustaining. Megathreads and shitposts feed into each other. Much to the joy of Infinitron, who can then activate his thread-splitting agenda.

And this is when true quality shitposting comes into play: fed up with the shitposting, posters take on to shitposting about shitposts. Metashitposting for megathreads. Like instant noodles a metashitpost practically makes itself, and people slurp it up.

Deleted Member 16721

I blame Infinitron and the megathread agenda. If there were no megathreads, no old threads would be popping up constantly; we'd have new threads instead. It's only because alerts are bringing back people to it that the thread keeps self-sustaining. Megathreads and shitposts feed into each other. Much to the joy of Infinitron, who can then activate his thread-splitting agenda.

And this is when true quality shitposting comes into play: fed up with the shitposting, posters take on to shitposting about shitposts. Metashitposting for megathreads. Like instant noodles a metashitpost practically makes itself, and people slurp it up.

This is why I like making new threads. So everything doesn't get crammed into one hard to follow megathread.

Quillon

Arcane
Yeah megathreads sucks but they are only experiments for The Infinithread! One thread to contain them all!

There is even some wordplay going on there: infinite-read. Clearly this is Infinitron's life mission.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Reminder that ShitNick was going apeshit over Numanuma not having white enough portraits. Talk about edgelords.

Also, "eurojank" (term used exclusively by faggots with a mouth full of dick, btw) vs. Obsidian AAA-wannabe trash. Fucking lol. And Cainarsky game. Even more lol. This is a game made by limp-dicked californians and SJWs first and foremost.
The more passionate during pre-release, the more butthurt during post-release.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
The difference is I want Dickhead Elysium to be a decent game. I couldn't care less what Bethesda's little brother is doing.

Diggfinger

Arcane
i really still want to give cainarsky this chance. From what it looks, at least it will be as good as new vegas

What do you figure is the best platform to buy it:
- EPIC store, or
- Private Division site?

I'm guessing EPIC, seems they give free games from time to time too.
Piratebay, and if its good Steam or Gog year after release.

Screw that, I wanna give Tim and Leon's project all the support I possibly can.
This game's gonna kick-ass!

Diggfinger

Arcane
- EPIC store, or
- Private Division site?

XBox Live for PC is hard to beat at this point. One buck a month for four months.

Huh?
But then you need to remain subscribed to play your game or what?

How much does Xbox Live cost?
Xbox Live Gold subscriptions are $59.99 for 12 months, $24.99 for three months, and $9.99 for one month. The paid Xbox Live Gold service gives you all of the free level features along with the ability to play games with friends online as well as early access to demos.Jun 24, 2019

Pegultagol

Erudite
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/pc-games/

I got this called Xbox Game Pass for PC. It is in beta, and the $1 deal probably ended a while ago so it's back up to $4.99 USD. Normal price will be $9.99 if it gets officially released. Another point is that you have to have the latest version of Windows 10.
You get locked out of everything if you don't remain subscribed. No cross platform cloud support, but games purchased as downloadable on Xbox Live can be played on Windows PC. I don't have Xbox so I haven't tried this feature.

Duraframe300

Arcane
- EPIC store, or
- Private Division site?

XBox Live for PC is hard to beat at this point. One buck a month for four months.

Huh?

Xbox Live Gold subscriptions are $59.99 for 12 months, $24.99 for three months, and $9.99 for one month. The paid Xbox Live Gold service gives you all of the free level features along with the ability to play games with friends online as well as early access to demos.Jun 24, 2019

He told you the wrong name:

https://www.xbox.com/xbox-game-pass#join
LTIMATE
2de34c8e-b008-49ea-a022-e5677536761f.png

Enthält Xbox Live Gold und unbegrenzten Zugriff auf über 100 hochwertige Konsolen- und PC-Spiele

12,99 €/Monat

FÜR 1 € ANMELDEN
  • Unbegrenzter Zugriff auf über 100 hochwertige Konsolen- und PC-Spiele
  • Ständig werden neue Spiele hinzugefügt
  • Xbox Game Studios Titel bei ihrer Premiere
  • Exklusive Mitgliederrabatte und -angebote
AUẞERDEM ENTHALTEN:
  • 6dc2fc2e-5d52-4a83-ab25-77eea5dc7fa3.png
    (A 6,99 €/MONAT WERT)
  • Beinhaltet Deals with Gold, Games with Gold, Konsolen-Mehrspieler-Modus
  • cfc178c0-3244-4353-ab01-1eae5d802e2a.png
  • Enthält das Ultimate Edition Character Pack und 30 Tage Boost
PC
59ae8640-c967-4511-a84c-5a1aabdf0427.png

Unbegrenzter Zugriff auf über 100 hochwertige PC-Spiele

9,99 €

3,99 €/Monat

(Einführungspreis)

FÜR 1 € ANMELDEN
  • Unbegrenzter Zugriff auf über 100 hochwertige PC-Spiele
WEITERE INFORMATIONEN
KONSOLE
91b03d89-eb5a-428e-8070-0697bab19f53.png

Unbegrenzter Zugriff auf über 100 hochwertige Konsolenspiele.

9,99 €/Monat

JETZT BEITRETEN
  • Unbegrenzter Zugriff auf über 100 hochwertige Konsolenspiele.

Prime Junta

do you keep the game after you unsub or you lose access?

You lose access.

Huh?

Yes.

That's for the console. For PC it's currently going at $1 per month: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass/CFQ7TTC0KGQ8/0002?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Duraframe300

Arcane

That's for the console. For PC it's currently going at $1 per month: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass/CFQ7TTC0KGQ8/0002?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

It's for both, it's just that Game Pass and Live aren't the same thing.

Prime Junta

I don't support subscription bullshit, and the Windows Store is total ass. Anyone who thinks the Epic Store is worse than that shit has been hitting the pipe.

If you want to give them $60 rather than $1 because you feel strongly about something like this I suppose that's your prerogative

Diggfinger

Arcane
I don't support subscription bullshit, and the Windows Store is total ass. Anyone who thinks the Epic Store is worse than that shit has been hitting the pipe.

If you want to give them $60 rather than $1 because you feel strongly about something like this I suppose that's your prerogative

Yeah I prefer that.

It's the price of FREEDOM

:whiteknight:

Insert Title Here
I already have a Windows account and their shitty little store was pre-installed on Win 10, so might as well try it that way for 1€ instead of making a new account, installing EGS and paying 60€.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom