Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

HoboForEternity

LIBERAL PROPAGANDIST
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Lmao which Codexer is running OW social media account.

:shitandpiss:
No need to act modest. Just be careful you don't get this account mass-reported and shut down

Tim Cain has been known to read the codex from time to time, so he might actually see this. And I agree. Would hug papa Cain.
Who wouldn't really. After Fallout and Arcanum, it's like I've been friends with him for decades.

Fallout 4 has sold insane amounts of copies
Around 40 million, to be a little more precise.
is it brandon adler? badler is their social media/community manager right?

Black Angel

Arcane
Tim Cain is without a doubt the most adorable looking man in the gaming industry. Look at that big teddy bear. I bet when he cries it would break your heart to see and when he's happy it makes the whole block rock with joy.

And I'm man enough to admit I'd hug 'em. C'MERE TIM. LEMME HUG YA. He can't see this.
a girl back in college used to call me teddy bear before cos im huggable and my fat keeps my body warm to the touch even in cold AC classroom. tim looks more huggable tho
She was flirting with you.
Should've smashed her

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
The art is all over the place, almost Numenera level of bad, all kind of edgy colors all over the place, things just don't blend together at all and monsters look like something out of Spore generator. Also it doesnt help that the game looks like the inbreed cousin of Borderlands and No Mans Sky. The gameplay part wasnt great either so I don't know what people are hyped for, it looks average at best.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
If there is a city called Byzantium in Outer Worlds then I will most surely conquer it. It's time, 2453 here I come.

200px-Sarayi_Album_10a.jpg

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
If there is a city called Byzantium in Outer Worlds then I will most surely conquer it. It's time, 2453 here I come.

200px-Sarayi_Album_10a.jpg
It is time to retake Tzarigrad kebab :).
Why did you all destroy the Roman Empire, fantadomat?

:(
So we could out live them,as we outlived the ottoman empire,russian empire,habsburg empire,german reich,CCCP and most likely the EU. There is a local joke that everyone that tries to rule us is going down in flames :). To your question....well to survive.

Flou

Arbiter
So we could out live them,as we outlived the ottoman empire,russian empire,habsburg empire,german reich,CCCP and most likely the EU. There is a local joke that everyone that tries to rule us is going down in flames :). To your question....well to survive.

Can't you destroy the EU any faster? I fear they will ruin everything before you lazy bulgarians are done with them.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Can't you destroy the EU any faster? I fear they will ruin everything before you lazy bulgarians are done with them.
Well we destroy them by just letting them do their own shit,it is a sure way.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I just rewatched and noticed there's 0 recoil on that gun at 0:53.
Really trying to replicate that Bethbryo feel

Sawyer said:
There's nothing built into the engine to support progressive recoil. Some people have approximated it with script, but that's about as far as it goes.

First, F3 and F:NV do not model recoil. Weapons have fixed spread values that can increase based on things like limb condition, running, etc. The speed with which you fire a weapon in F3 and F:NV has no effect on its spread.

Being related to Fallout 4 is a master marketing move. Fallout 4 has sold insane amounts of copies.... And there are a ton of youtube videos about it with millions of views... All of those people are going to get interested about it.

And all of those people will be pissed about 76.

Yeah, for once I'd say Obsidian got their marketing exactly right.

But let it be in the record that Obsidian has NEVER made a TB cRPG. You know, the most superior form of RPG ever.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Being related to Fallout 4 is a master marketing move. Fallout 4 has sold insane amounts of copies.... And there are a ton of youtube videos about it with millions of views... All of those people are going to get interested about it.

But let it be in the record that Obsidian has NEVER made a TB cRPG. You know, the most superior form of RPG ever.
Southpark.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Really trying to replicate that Bethbryo feel

Sawyer said:
There's nothing built into the engine to support progressive recoil. Some people have approximated it with script, but that's about as far as it goes.

First, F3 and F:NV do not model recoil. Weapons have fixed spread values that can increase based on things like limb condition, running, etc. The speed with which you fire a weapon in F3 and F:NV has no effect on its spread.
where can i read more of Sawyer's insights into gamebryo?

Southpark.
its not a cRPG. It has shitty QTEs. :smug:

whats a cRPG? :happytrollboy:

Quillon

Arcane

FO4 has recoil which is good and bad cos I couldn't see my perfectly lined up headshots hit with sniper rifles, the cam immediately moves upwards after shooting...so this will prolly be fixed but don't know if it'll be a good thing fixing it :/

Tho at least the animation is better from the outside, dude seems to look through the scope as opposed to looking through with a hidden eye on a character's neck/shoulders :P

Sentinel

Arcane
FO4 has recoil which is good and bad cos I couldn't see my perfectly lined up headshots hit with sniper rifles, the cam immediately moves upwards after shooting
Yes, welcome to guns. However there's many methods of doing recoil, one of them is tying the camera to the weapon sway, the other is making the camera completely fixed but still have the weapon move. Bethesda are just retarded and don't understand much of anything. From the gameplay there probably won't be any recoil at all just like in the fallout games.

Master

Arbiter
Are any of the leads from New Vegas still at Obsidian? And/or working on this game? Or is it an all-new team or whatever.

Charles Staples was Lead Area Designer on FNV. He is working on this game.
Scott Everts was Lead World Building, also working on this.
Brian Menze was the Concept Artist for FNV, also working on the game.
Hopefully they will do better this time. No more Gamebryo as an excuse.

Xeon

Augur
Yeah, hope they bring at least a somewhat of a bug free experience for their release version, right now they are having a lot of anticipation from 76's mess, if it ends up as "another obsidian buggy game" they will probably lose all the hype from it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom