Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A bug free Obsidian game?
:what::philosoraptor:

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Guys are you nuts? What kind of recoil can be after shooting from ENERGY weapon? What the point in energy weapons if one of few pluses (increased accuracy) removed for sake of "balance". What kind of retard would construct energy weapons with same flaws that average guns? I can imagine that coversation:
First Engineer> "We have technology to create energy weapons, which better than average guns in armor penetration, accuracy, damage to living material (radioactive burns more dangerous than gun wounds) and almost completely silent. But cost of this technology will be much more than average guns.
Retard Director> "Can we add pew, pew to weapons? Cuz silent weapons is boring! Can we add recoil, so energy weapon will have the same "feel and vibe" (tm) as average guns? Armor damage and flesh damage is too OP, gun users will be offended, nerf it!"
First Engineer> "But such implementations will not make energy any less expensive!"
Retard Director > "I don't care, I want pew pew. I want weapon FEEL in my hand!"
First Engineer > "The only feel you will get - it's is taste of energy ray" *kills director with his energy weapon, nobody notices since weapon silent*
*kills guards since energy weapon penetrate armor and their mutant dogs, since flesh damage is superior"
*leaves building and sells blueprints to company which develop normal weapons*
The Happy Ending.

I was annoyed by this in Fallout games, where energy weapons was equal in damage and accuracy to guns or sometimes even inferior,lol.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Guys are you nuts? What kind of recoil can after shooting from ENERGY weapon? What the point in energy weapons if one of few pluses (increased accuracy) removed for sake of "balance". What kind of retard would construct energy weapons
The Happy Ending.

I was annoyed by this in Fallout games, where energy weapons was equal in damage and accuracy to guns or sometimes even inferior,lol.

Now while I agree that energy weapons should feel different, and shouldn't have recoil, roofs that energy weapons would be so inherently superior to ballistic weapons? It's just concentrated radiation, while lethal, is not necessarily more so than the good old high velocity metal.

Sentinel

Arcane
Guys are you nuts? What kind of recoil can be after shooting from ENERGY weapon? What the point in energy weapons if one of few pluses (increased accuracy) removed for sake of "balance". What kind of retard would construct energy weapons with same flaws that average guns? I can imagine that coversation:
First Engineer> "We have technology to create energy weapons, which better than average guns in armor penetration, accuracy, damage to living material (radioactive burns more dangerous than gun wounds) and almost completely silent. But cost of this technology will be much more than average guns.
Retard Director> "Can we add pew, pew to weapons? Cuz silent weapons is boring! Can we add recoil, so energy weapon will have the same "feel and vibe" (tm) as average guns? Armor damage and flesh damage is too OP, gun users will be offended, nerf it!"
First Engineer> "But such implementations will not make energy any less expensive!"
Retard Director > "I don't care, I want pew pew. I want weapon FEEL in my hand!"
First Engineer > "The only feel you will get - it's is taste of energy ray" *kills director with his energy weapon, nobody notices since weapon silent*
*kills guards since energy weapon penetrate armor and their mutant dogs, since flesh damage is superior"
*leaves building and sells blueprints to company which develop normal weapons*
The Happy Ending.

I too would like to believe they put this much thought into it.

However, as you can see, projectile type doesn't matter.

Sentinel

Arcane

Quillon

Arcane
'Try not to break it' is a shot at Bethesda when they said ' B.E.T.A, Break it early test application'

Its a coincidence...they wouldn't come up with a motto out of pettiness.

It's not, just like 'from creators of original Fallout and Fallout:New Vegas' is not a coincidence

Yeah, they want to advertise it as best as they can, their angle is not "fucking bethesda" :P

Xeon

Augur
Game Spot says one if the things that matters is affiliation matters or something, like if someone injured and you bring them medicine from another company then they refuse it and decide to wait for help. That sounds pretty dumb reasoning.

Also I think they said one of the directors or something went to work for another unannounced game, wonder if that is something for Microsoft related.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Now while I agree that energy weapons should feel different, and shouldn't have recoil, roofs that energy weapons would be so inherently superior to ballistic weapons? It's just concentrated radiation, while lethal, is not necessarily more so than the good old high velocity metal.
It's supposed to be better than good ol' ballistic weappons, because nobody otherwise will bothers to produce it, since producing energy weapons means messing around with radioactive elements of micro nuclear reactors (and you should develop technology to produce micro nuclear/fission reactors first, lol) and protect user from radiation. Even if you will use fission reactors, you still need energy stabilization, so energy weapon didn't blow up in hand of user. You need investing in research of new materials and other stuff. If after years of research and investment energy weapon will be inferior to guns - failed project, move on another. Nobody will produce failed product.
Is it an energy weapon tho?
Well it's shooting definitely not average bullets (atleast visual effect is different), so I assumed that this is energy weapon.

However, as you can see, projectile type doesn't matter.
After re-watching video I can't even sure which type of weapon is this, since it looks like 3 types of projectile combined, lol.

Turjan

Arcane
Fallout 4 visuals are fine
Citation please. Flat and not properly shadowed city are fine? The overexposed southern part of the map are fine? Glowing puke is fine? Fallout 4 looks like shit but different kind of, much meaner, seeing The Outer Worlds adapting similar techniques actively hurts the game.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/377160/Fallout_4/

ss_910437ac708aed7c028f6e43a6224c633d086b0a.1920x1080.jpg

ss_5e2d136759e0ff4e0d74940fffc9c64e8cdcd833.1920x1080.jpg

ss_c6b798424a93617b4b825aea3bcd9547c0b0a5ce.1920x1080.jpg

Or you could play the game. It's a piece of shit but the visuals are fine.
They were rather colorful, too. You usually couldn't see that because they kept the weather shitty most of the time, or you would see the bad LOD models in the distance:

C67D7D420BADAA360D9BFB9973F897B86DAC101E

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
It's supposed to be better than good ol' ballistic weappons, because nobody otherwise will bothers to produce it, since producing energy weapons means messing around with radioactive elements of micro nuclear reactors (and you should develop technology to produce micro nuclear/fission reactors first, lol) and protect user from radiation. Even if you will use fission reactors, you still need energy stabilization, so energy weapon didn't blow up in hand of user. You need investing in research of new materials and other stuff. If after years of research and investment energy weapon will be inferior to guns - failed project, move on another. Nobody will produce failed product.

That's neither how weapons industry or arms technology works. People make sidegrades all the time, photon weapons even if they aren't inherently superior would obviously have a purpose, especially in space.

Quillon

Arcane
'Try not to break it' is a shot at Bethesda when they said ' B.E.T.A, Break it early test application'

Its a coincidence...they wouldn't come up with a motto out of pettiness.

It's not, just like 'from creators of original Fallout and Fallout:New Vegas' is not a coincidence
Correct, it's marketing. Retard.

Marketing by throwing shades

By "Original Creators" they wanted say that "Tim & Leo are at the helm" but what people understood is "Obs is calling themselves original creators, shots fired etc", its just that they didn't account for retards which they didn't have to anyway :P

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There are some plot similarities between this game and Fallout. The late colony ship that your character arrives on is sort of like the Vault. You're released from your cryostasis pod by the old scientist and tasked with acquiring what he needs to revive the rest of the passengers, which is sort of like how the Overseer sends you to find the water chip to save the rest of the Vault.

So what we've heard about how you can just kill the scientist and go do other stuff makes sense. Just like how finding the water chip isn't actually your final objective in Fallout. Maybe you don't need to help your ship at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom