Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Unlike (((Magnat))) they do actual market research instead of pulling shit out of their ass on a forum.

And after this research game ended up:
1) Paid in advance by Epic
2) Available in 1$ game pass (for installing last version of Win 10 to improve MS statistics).

It is like nobody even tried to generate revenue by selling it to actual people.

Funny how you bring up Epic. One of reasons for recent gamer outrage was that gaming companies chose $$ over principle in order to appeal to a MUCH MUCH bigger market in China. Again because they know what they are doing.

Vatnik Wumao
Unlike (((Magnat))) they do actual market research instead of pulling shit out of their ass on a forum.

2) Available in 1$ game pass (for installing last version of Win 10 to improve MS statistics).

It is like nobody even tried to generate revenue by selling it to actual people.

Funny how you bring up Epic. One of reasons for recent gamer outrage was that gaming companies chose $$ over principle in order to appeal to a MUCH MUCH bigger market in China.
False equivalence. It was not a matter of ethics inasmuch as it was about convenience. Most gamers use 1-2 gaming clients (Steam, GoG and what not), so of course they'd be outraged when big titles move to a clunky Chinese platform that they do not wish to use.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Buahahahahha i managed to fix my loading bug problem,it is amazing. So i messed around and found out that the subtitles for cinematics are messing up the game lol,classic obsidian retardation lol. How the fuck you fuck up so badly that subs fuck up your game lol ????

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
Just finished the game. They made that homo I killed a folk hero also they didn't write an ending for Pvarti that they could use so they just said "She didn't survive the adventure" even though she was in my party and alive.

I will only playthrough the game one more time for a "perfect playthrough". I don't foresee any expansion for this game.

I think maxing science (tinker) is something I should go for first and then I don't know. Need to decide the stats too. With such a shallow system it should be easy to find the dump stats/optimal build.
dump stat is melee imo, you only get power attacks and ttd

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron

Funny how you bring up Epic. One of reasons for recent gamer outrage was that gaming companies chose $$ over principle in order to appeal to a MUCH MUCH bigger market in China.
False equivalence. It was not a matter of ethics inasmuch as it was about convenience. Most gamers use 1-2 gaming clients (Steam, GoG and what not), so of course they'd be outraged when big titles move to a clunky Chinese platform that they do not wish to use.

Blizzard banned a hearthstone player and kept his winnings for supporting Hong Kong was because of gaming clients as well? Wait are you talking about gamers when we are talking about corporations? And then you unironically bring up false equivalence? NVM, you are to low iq to be (((Magnat))). I think you just might be Magnat.

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
Is the first world just a poor initial impression or does it set the entire game's general formula?
first world is the best imo, then again I'm not past monarch
Padding only gets worse I'm assuming.
Monarch has fucktons of manticores and shit to kill, but very little interesting things happening, I'd say 75 percent of the map is marauders or manticores, with nothing interesting in a half kilometer radius

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I was going to start Outer Worlds last night and test out that list of names you can't use. But decided to rather drink beer. Will most likely start today. I just for some reason don't feel like starting the game.

Codex Year of the Donut

Blizzard banned a hearthstone player and kept his winnings for supporting Hong Kong was because of gaming clients as well? Wait are you talking about gamers when we are talking about corporations? And then you unironically bring up false equivalence?
You mean the company that had members of US congress write a letter to just a week ago?
https://www.wyden.senate.gov/imo/me...etter to Activision Blizzard RE Hong Kong.pdf

Gamers being snowflakes what else is new.
Not sure why you believe in the things that you do. Basically, if we put everything to say together it comes off like this:

"I am a strong individual who doesn't complain when rampant greed ruins the joys of life. Everyone who believes corporations should not fuck absolutely everything up in favor of money is a whiner. Morality should be only arbitrary and only ever used as a mask to make more profit, instead of being a real thing that elevates the lot of human beings." You called us all whining, autists. I think we should call you a psychopath.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron

Blizzard banned a hearthstone player and kept his winnings for supporting Hong Kong was because of gaming clients as well? Wait are you talking about gamers when we are talking about corporations? And then you unironically bring up false equivalence?
You mean the company that had members of US congress write a letter to just a week ago?
https://www.wyden.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/101819 Wyden Letter to Activision Blizzard RE Hong Kong.pdf

How is that relevant to what we are talking about?

Vatnik Wumao
Blizzard banned a hearthstone player and kept his winnings for supporting Hong Kong was because of gaming clients as well? Wait are you talking about gamers when we are talking about corporations? And then you unironically bring up false equivalence? NVM, you are to low iq to be (((Magnat))). I think you just might be Magnat.
The pot calling the kettle black. You have a short attention span since my false equivalency statement was in regards to corporate decisions affecting game design (which was the original point of the discussion). In both cases gamers might be alienated, but you cannot equate Epic to SJW retardation.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Not sure why you believe in the things that you do. Basically, if we put everything to say together it comes off like this:

"I am a strong individual who doesn't complain when rampant greed ruins the joys of life. Everyone who believes corporations should not fuck absolutely everything up in favor of money is a whiner. Morality should be only arbitrary and only ever used as a mask to make more profit, instead of being a real thing that elevates the lot of human beings." You called us all whining, autists. I think we should call you a psychopath.

No

1. I just don't complain about autistic shit that barely has impact on gameplay.
2. I don't think corporations SHOULD fuck anything. I did not make a single normative statement, merely a descriptive one. I am merely stating that it is incredibly naive and ahistorical to expect corporations not to in the given climate of incentives.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
The pot calling the kettle black. You have a short attention span since my false equivalency statement was in regards to corporate decisions affecting game design (which was the original point of the discussion). In both cases gamers might be alienated, but you cannot equate Epic to SJW retardation.

Did you use a random fallacy generator and forgot to check if it makes sense in this context?

I am merely stating that it is incredibly naive and ahistorical to expect corporations not to in the given climate of incentives.
Well, i guess you don't see your own prejudice because it's being 'excused'. Who says its naive and a-historical? There are many places in the world RIGHT NOW that do not operate this way.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
I am merely stating that it is incredibly naive and ahistorical to expect corporations not to in the given climate of incentives.
Well, i guess you don't see your own prejudice because it's being 'excused'. Who says its naive and a-historical? There are many places in the world RIGHT NOW that do not operate this way.

There are places in the world where corporations don't fuck people over because of virtue and not government regulation? Please pray tell.

Codex Year of the Donut
I'm learning some interesting translations from reading the banned word list
prostitute
prostytutka

and
Rapist
Pakistani(yes, "pakistani" is banned)

There are places in the world that don't fuck people over because of virtue and not government regulation? Please pray tell.
Many Scandinavian countries. Go live in Denmark for a while.

But really that's besides the point. In your view, anyone who complains about the injustices of the world should shut up because according to you, nothing can be done about it. It's a really depressed and defeating attitude to have about things. I bet at some point in your life you got very disappointing with something that you felt helpless about, hence then faux-tough attitude to life.

Anyways, censorship doesn't solve any problems, it only hides them and that's never good.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
There are places in the world that don't fuck people over because of virtue and not government regulation? Please pray tell.
Many Scandinavian countries. Go live in Denmark for a while.

But really that's besides the point. In your view, anyone who complains about the injustices of the world should shut up because according to you, nothing can be done about it. It's a really depressed and defeating attitude to have about things. I bet at some point in your life you got very disappointing with something that you felt helpless about, hence then faux-tough attitude to life.

Anyways, censorship doesn't solve any problems, it only hides them and that's never good.

You mean the once that function on the philosophy of social democracy that put fuck ton of govt resources into regulating and preventing market failures? The once that don't shy away from the idea that corporations will if unchecked fuck everything in sight for profit? Those countries?

Yosharian

Arcane
From SRD

Wf48Nhz.png

Yes SRD, people are complaining about the right to name their characters Hitler because they are Nazis. You can't argue with that deductive reasoning.

Dexter

Arcane
What agenda? Not wanting to get in trouble with media because some retard codexer decides to make a character named Hitler and proceed to kill all the short haired women and minorities during a stream? This forum is literally living proof that a company with any awareness about potential publicity consequences has to do this kind of shit. Maybe in a few decades when all the codex low class degens die out people would have no reason to do it but for now... Just read some of the autism here holy fuck. We live in an age when one retard can make a youtube video that would generate 1000x articles in fake outrage.
This is pretty amusing. :lol: I can imagine some butthurt New Yorker sitting in his reclining chair fuming that people dare name themselves "Hitler" in their video games and what could be done to stop them.

And then his thoughts take him to his happy place, where he imagines how all these "low class degenerates" should and will all DIE in a few decades (even though some might be younger than him) and the world will turn into a Utopia without any conflict or class and racial struggle or anyone having any "bad thoughts" ever again, or naming themselves "Hitler" in video games.

Have you tried applying as a writer for Obsidian? You seem to have the prerequisites down.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Everyone here is complaining about Parvati but the way I did this whole Parvati thing was: meet Parvati, screw Edgewater, go take to Reed, kill Reed, Parvati went into shock mode telling me that she wants to leave, I told her to fuck right off and I would have killed her too but she teleported. That's it.
So much drama over this Parvati complication.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom