Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
DansGaming is losing it.

He just said that combat in F76 is better than the combat in ToW.

Bonus: F76 combat has more personality, ToW's combat is generic and dull, loot is boring from start to the end, in fact everything is dull and boring.

There are more women characters than men characters (way more) and that Parvati's quest was cringe.

And that any following DLC should make the combat stand out somehow.

Edit: Best stream in a while. He is bored out of his mind :)

He is no longer reading the dialogue lines. Just "shut up!" ... after "shut up!".

Edit 2: This game broke him. Good thing he is a bald soulless sellout :)

48976084533_778b2cd8be_o.png

Last edited:

Rafidur

Learned
I'm using either a tinkered modded n-ray regular light machine gun, the science hammer, or the science mind control ray. Any of these options completely trivialise the combat, especially with the all the science damage perks.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Obsidian fucked up the level scaling, all enemies are damage sponges. I think he gave up for today.
I am not sure what is he fighting there since everything in main quest is holoshroudable.

It even reaches a bit of absurdity in final dungeon, where scripts pop people you helped to fight against enemy of choice; but you're shrouded so AI just fights with itself while you walk from checkpoint to checkpoint.

He is fighting Board troops. He fucked up somehow.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Mildly disappointed no one mentioned the long line of female mechanics in the Wing Commander series. Janet 'Sparks' McCullough from Wing commander 2, plus Rachel Coriolis from Wing Commander 3 and Prophecy.

Damn. Now that I think of it....are there ANY male mechanics in modern American games, shows or movies?

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Okay, I managed to set my reputation with the Board faction to Angry in my first quest in Byzantium, and they are attacking me on sight.

So now I'm blasting my way through an entire city full of Codexers in top hats.

:timetoburn:

Deleted Member 22431

Carrie Patel is a she/her. What the fuck is a she/her?

She's female

Really not hard to get

Normal people don't present themselves like this. It is hard to get. Here is what I find in the interwebs.

For trans and non-binary people, adding their preferred pronouns to social media profile descriptions can preempt the issue of pronoun ambiguity and provide an upfront, easily-referenced statement. It removes any sort of doubt and flat-out says, “Hey, these are my pronouns. This is what you should be using when you interact with me.”

For other LGBTQIA individuals, it can also function as an important act of allyship that normalizes the practice of stating and respecting preferred pronouns.

I have identified as male my entire life, and it’s an identity I’m comfortable with. People recognize me as male without additional cues. Therefore—while it would probably be unnecessary for me personally to tell you my pronouns are “he/him”—doing so would add familiarity and social proof to the stated pronouns of trans/non-binary folk, where the implications are much more significant
Degenerate idiocy.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Okay, I managed to set my reputation with the Board faction to Angry in my first quest in Byzantium, and they are attacking me on sight.

So now I'm blasting my way through an entire city full of Codexers in top hats.

:timetoburn:
it's for the better. saves you time on fetch quests.
although you will miss blackcat.

and Ellie quest-
otoh, nevermind, there's nothing you really missing with that quest.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Epic updated their picture for TOW on their store page.
upload_2019-10-28_13-41-2.png

Previously it looked like this.
upload_2019-10-28_13-41-39.png

Sadly, shit games like this don't get punished the way they should, all the while truly inclined games and companies fall to the wayside.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
>Update to latest AMD driver that says it improves performance on TOW
>Somehow get shadow bugs in the game now
>Check online
>It's because of the latest AMD drivers
This game's performance on AMD cards is pretty bad in general.

You'd think it'd be optimized for those cards considering the AMD logo in the game intro.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Whoever unironically says TOW is peak ass-jew-eee because it has colourful shorthaired potatofaces (that's because Obsidians 3d artists are known to be unprofessional, lets face it, and fucked up with physics engine so they can't have animated hair) and women on higher positions (they are there because corpo beneficiaries would rather have loyal mediocrity instead of professional free thinker and man of character with actual spine who can overthrow them, based Tim&Leonard does it again), needs to pick up and play Call of Dooty Modern Warfare 2019 ASAP to witness the real SJW influence with zero self-awareness.

Last edited:

Prime Junta

Whoever unironically says TOW is peak ass-jew-eee because it has colourful shorthaired potatofaces (that's because Obsidians 3d artists are known to be unprofessional, lets face it, and fucked up with physics engine so they can't have animated hair), needs to pick up and play Call of Dooty Modern Warfare 2019 ASAP to witness the real SJW influence with zero self-awareness.

Didn’t they just retcon an American war crime in Iraq so that the Russians did it instead?

here’s yo citation https://www.gamesradar.com/call-of-...ting-review-bombed-for-rewriting-a-war-crime/

Last edited by a moderator:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Sadly, shit games like this don't get punished the way they should, all the while truly inclined games and companies fall to the wayside.

As someone already said ITT, well executed mediocrities get praised, flawed jewels get kicked to the curb for being "janky", "buggy" and "niche". Way of the world.

images

Shadenuat

Arcane
Whoever unironically says TOW is peak ass-jew-eee because it has colourful shorthaired potatofaces (that's because Obsidians 3d artists are known to be unprofessional, lets face it, and fucked up with physics engine so they can't have animated hair), needs to pick up and play Call of Dooty Modern Warfare 2019 ASAP to witness the real SJW influence with zero self-awareness.

Didn’t they just retcon an American war crime in Iraq so that the Russians did it instead?
wasn't evil russian a staple of CoD and similar shooters for ages?

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Not sure why should I care about some ass-blasted streamers failing at this pretty basic combat. Playing on Hard, I've been using some sniper rifle to open up and then switch to heavily tinkered and modified plasma carbine and most fights are trivial, companions are doing half the job for you.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria

wasn't evil russian a staple of CoD and similar shooters for ages?

As someone who's never played a CoD game, didn't everyone use to be kind of evil and corrupt? Wasn't there a Russian bro in one of the games even?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
As someone who's never played a CoD game, didn't everyone use to be kind of evil and corrupt? Wasn't there a Russian bro in one of the games even?
Everyone besides the Americans. At first it was ...ethnics, then they moved to non-American whites.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Shadenuat

Arcane
IDK.

But apparently streamers boycotted the gaem and players as well so devs had to return pre-orders and stuff.

The most degenerate and popular streamer was hired to promote game but even he didn't like it so much that refused; and thus streams openinz were canceled.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom