Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

Zer0wing

Cipher
evil russian kills children and dumps chemweapons on poor syrians.
With resistance leader in middle east being a woman with her idiotic soychewing brother. Just so we have to kill white men with diverse cast of characters but not to shit on America this time.

DayofBlow

Educated
Whoever unironically says TOW is peak ass-jew-eee because it has colourful shorthaired potatofaces (that's because Obsidians 3d artists are known to be unprofessional, lets face it, and fucked up with physics engine so they can't have animated hair), needs to pick up and play Call of Dooty Modern Warfare 2019 ASAP to witness the real SJW influence with zero self-awareness.

Didn’t they just retcon an American war crime in Iraq so that the Russians did it instead?
wasn't evil russian a staple of CoD and similar shooters for ages?
Sorta. It was dumb Tom Clancy shit about Russian civil wars, and gay ops at an airport to spark war by a US general to get revenge or something.

New one is reality as interpreted by CNN, and thus yuppie libs, in the years 2013-17. Yas Kween kurd feminist against war crime Russia and Al-Nustra.

Ironically the bad guy Russians were called 'Ultranationalists' in the original MW. Aka, yes, they're literally meant to be called Super Nazis, since the average retarded american doesn't know what nazi is short for. (Also a reference to them making WW2 games prior.) In the new one though, Russians act like nazi caricatures.

mondblut

Arcane
The fact ya'll fuckers aren't seeing anything wrong with a pretty girl being a mechanic is another proof you've been sitting in that pot with that hot soy juice for too damn long. How many female mechanics, repairmen or maintenance workers have you seen IRL?

I'm 35, I've gone through all walks of life and I've seen precisely zero. Not even in our grorious commie past when it was a bit more normal seeing women doing traditionally male jobs. Not even the Party forced them into servicing machines.

And yet Kwan entertainment is full of this idiotic archetype - a bubbly, pretty girl being all passionate about tinkering and repairing shit. Fucking Kaylee, Rey from Shit Wars, now Parvati and loads more. Breaking news - bubbly pretty girls are too busy reading Cosmopolitan, doing their make-up and dating chads to waste their time playing with greasy cogs.

"Baaaah, I haaaaven't seeen any SJW inphluenze in this gaaaame baaaah." Even the Codex is getting soyized.

The rabbit hole goes much deeper than that.

3788f35d52f50ecac01fcb7f5dda7057.jpg

Quillon

Arcane
Hit my first bug on Tartarus

I persuaded the guy on the comms and was in disguise after landing then bam! Mardets show up saying "the captain did right by us" and start attacking the prison guards :P

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
With resistance leader in middle east being a woman with her idiotic soychewing brother.
Wasn't that the case with YPG in Syria?

There were never really any kurdish female "leaders". They had soldiers sure, but they rarely fought with the combat units and were mostly there so show around to the west... AkA a propaganda tool similar to what the Israelis used to do with the women in their IDF.

just

Liturgist
chinese are the evil ones at the moment. they need to update.
russians turn is in 2020 when they start hacking and rigging again

Drowed

Arcane
You know, I'm actually enjoying the game. It's no F:NV, that's for sure. And certain dialogues make me cringe when reading, Parvati's quest being by far the worst at this point (10 hours in). But most of the time, the dialogues are competent enough to not bother you, the graphics are acceptable and, in certain specific areas, I would even say beautiful. The game isn't an Open World at all, it reminded me more of games like Mass Effect and Kotor, in the way the worlds are presented and unlocked.

Combat is a bit tedious, but this was expected of any game that tries to emulate a Bethesda game. I would say that the strengths of the game are by far the exploration and the setting. It's interesting to walk around and explore each map, and see the geography and nature of each location. Essentially, it's like a Fallout from Bethesda, but better. Which, honestly, isn't a very difficult barrier to overcome. I mean, it's a low barrier, yeah. But for fans of games of this style who are orphaned right now, no doubt it scratches that itch.

Could it be better? Obviously, of course, indisputably. But honestly, I expected something much worse from Obsidian. The game surprised me quite a lot, positively, but perhaps because I was expecting a catastrophe. But I don't think I'll ever play it again in my life after it's over.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
With resistance leader in middle east being a woman with her idiotic soychewing brother.

There were never really any kurdish female "leaders". They had soldiers sure, but they rarely fought with the combat units and were mostly there so show around to the west... AkA a propaganda tool similar to what the Israelis used to do with the women in their IDF.
Afaik the Kurd guerillas are basically commies, I wouldn't be surprised if they had women in traditionally male roles. That's what commies do. No way a woman would be allowed to command men in battle tho. They might be commies but they're still allahu akbar. At best she'd lead an all-chick unit or be responsible for civilians or some such.

Morkar Left

Didn't a some peschmerga women even stop IS attacks?

And weren't fighting women especially useful as psychological warfare because IS dudes can't enter paradise when killed by women? Some professional muslims here? Andhaira ?

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
IDK.

But apparently streamers boycotted the gaem and players as well so devs had to return pre-orders and stuff.

The most degenerate and popular streamer was hired to promote game but even he didn't like it so much that refused; and thus streams openinz were canceled.

Oh really ? Well strange , most of streamers seems to like the game and it's daily getting 20 to 40k views.

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
Whoever unironically says TOW is peak ass-jew-eee because it has colourful shorthaired potatofaces (that's because Obsidians 3d artists are known to be unprofessional, lets face it, and fucked up with physics engine so they can't have animated hair), needs to pick up and play Call of Dooty Modern Warfare 2019 ASAP to witness the real SJW influence with zero self-awareness.

Didn’t they just retcon an American war crime in Iraq so that the Russians did it instead?
wasn't evil russian a staple of CoD and similar shooters for ages?

As someone who's never played a CoD game, didn't everyone use to be kind of evil and corrupt? Wasn't there a Russian bro in one of the games even?
In WaW you defeat Germany as a Russian soldier

Also in MW2 you realize the Americans are the bad guys at the end

But you guys haven't played a game other than disco readysium so you probably weren't aware of that

Notorious

Augur
Eh, they produced a game for the mass market which is OK - people seem to enjoy it. It's most certainly better than anything Bethesda has produced in the last 15+ years.

Oh sorry I meant
OBSIDIAN BAD!

As someone who's never played a CoD game, didn't everyone use to be kind of evil and corrupt? Wasn't there a Russian bro in one of the games even?
Everyone besides the Americans. At first it was ...ethnics, then they moved to non-American whites.
As off topic as it is, it bothered me to let it go.
One of the antagonists in MW2 was American.
https://callofduty.fandom.com/wiki/Shepherd#MW2

Also the main characters of the Modern Warfare games are brits, but nevermind that

Trashos

Arcane
Mildly disappointed no one mentioned the long line of female mechanics in the Wing Commander series. Janet 'Sparks' McCullough from Wing commander 2, plus Rachel Coriolis from Wing Commander 3 and Prophecy.

Damn. Now that I think of it....are there ANY male mechanics in modern American games, shows or movies?

Yes, there is a male mechanic in Wasteland 2. He "happens" to be black. And he is also your superior.

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
After a while it's going to be overdone, it's fiction, think of it as a fun what if

You get to be the main character and hero after all some black dude being a mechanic means jack shit in the end, also lots of black dudes are mechanics, look at the armed forces
As off topic as it is, it bothered me to let it go.
One of the antagonists in MW2 was American.
https://callofduty.fandom.com/wiki/Shepherd#MW2
Who is the exception to prove the rule. Besides, you mow down probably hundreds of faceless ethnic and non-American mooks, he having a voice and a name is a special case, so Americans are treated better even as antagonists.
americans are the noble knights in shining armor, we do it for the greater good

Quillon

Arcane
The fact ya'll fuckers aren't seeing anything wrong with a pretty girl being a mechanic is another proof you've been sitting in that pot with that hot soy juice for too damn long. How many female mechanics, repairmen or maintenance workers have you seen IRL?

I'm 35, I've gone through all walks of life and I've seen precisely zero. Not even in our grorious commie past when it was a bit more normal seeing women doing traditionally male jobs. Not even the Party forced them into servicing machines.

And yet Kwan entertainment is full of this idiotic archetype - a bubbly, pretty girl being all passionate about tinkering and repairing shit. Fucking Kaylee, Rey from Shit Wars, now Parvati and loads more. Breaking news - bubbly pretty girls are too busy reading Cosmopolitan, doing their make-up and dating chads to waste their time playing with greasy cogs.

"Baaaah, I haaaaven't seeen any SJW inphluenze in this gaaaame baaaah." Even the Codex is getting soyized.

This didn't bother me at all, as it didn't come with the sjw culture; "hot chick mechanic" characters have been around for decades in tv/movies, probably people find it hot. Plus the game takes place 300 years into retro-future.

True agenda with Parvati lies in bait & switch: Dollarhyde showed those pesky white male western AAA RPG audience with presenting them an adorable pretty companion at the very beginning then denying them to have her as their waifu and she didn't even stopped there. If Bioware had done this with DAI or MEA there'd have been riots :P

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom