Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Risen 2 Thread

Repressed Homosexual
How do you use a pistol? I don't know how to select it.

Butcer

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
FInished it, i Risen 2 is way way better then Gothic 4 but that's not saying alot.

Butcer

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
FInished it, i Risen 2 is way way better then Gothic 4 but that's not saying alot.

No it's not saying anything at all, compare it to Risen 1 and Gothic 1 + 2 instead.

Would say it's a little better then Risen 1, Risen 2 starts pretty bad but it gets alot better as the game goes along, the final boss was disappointing but besides that i cant really complain alot about it, it's 1000 times better then Mass effect 3 M:

Tigranes

Arcane
You don't aim with the pistol, since you're using it with a sword and the instant leap in the interface would get really weird. You do aim with muskets as it gets its own POV. This means, for pistols, hit/miss is entirely stat dependent, and also you can still fire when you're not aiming in the right direction or when the enemy is too faraway, expending a bullet for your trouble. :obviously: For muskets, again you point in the general direction with a massive crosshair, but then stats determine hit/miss.

Malpercio

Arcane
Oh god,
steelbeard's death
was ME3 level of cheesiness. Was laughing my ass of every time Patty tried to sound dramatic.

Personally, i don't think a sea water eldritch abomination was a good idea for a villain for a pirate-themed game. Why doesn't she sink every enemy ship? Duh. Also, wasn't the magical eye-patch necessary to see titans?

Voodoo seems pretty neat so far. I'm digging it.

ironyuri

Some protips for fags:

Alligators are easier once you get a 40-70 damage blade, also, don't just focus on cunning, raise blades and buy skills. I have 7 cunning, 7 blades and I'm only on my third island. Collect legendary items to artificially raise non-essential talents.

For fighting alligators early, on the second island, you find a bomb at some point (storeroom if you lockpick it behind Benito), throw a bomb at the fucker to take off 75% hp, then pistol whip it and proceed to slice/dice.

Risen 2 does a better job of limiting your gold early, for example you don't get a jaw chisel til second island, or a ritual knife (eyes/teeth/feathers). So skills are expensive, and you are operating with scarcity of loot, which effectively limits your ability to powergame by deforesting/depopulating the fauna of the islands, until mid-game, at which point you get harder enemies like gorillas.

For fighting crabs, you wait til they rear back then kick them to interrupt attack. If you kick them immediately when they get back on their feet, you can stunlock them.

Firebeards are pretty easy with higher blade skill, also you can lock them into attack patterns with a mixture of fast/heavy.

That pistol mini-game is still shit, Tigranes advice was good, but if anyone else has any knowledge on how to further (artificially) slow down the objects, that'd be useful (can I edit an ini for it?). I just want to skip the minigame because it's pissy and I'd like to be able to finish the quest it requires on Antigua.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
OK, just found the gnomes. They are fucking hilarious, and their pidgin pirate-gnome language is awesome. Makes up for the derp that Malpercio just mentioned. Also enjoying running around with the monkey stealing things.

Yep, Gnomes are funny little fuckers. From now on just always have Jaddar in your team, he's not the best fighter nor he's really needed for anything else, but his comments and interjections during dialogues are hilarious. At the same time traveling with him is just awesome, an eye-patched pirate with a musket and his adorable little gnomish companion :love: Best party member ever :love:

Anyway whoever wrote the game he's my idol now. At the beginning it didn't really seem so, but the dialogues are awesome indeed. The game keeps to have realistic, funny and interesting dialogues at the same time through the whole game. Seriously, this is masterwork here. It's really high quality. Enough said that I like Risen 2's dialogues more than Planescape Torment's (which are too pretentious and exaggerated). Shame that the main story is shit, why all that magical journey against evil? o_O Story about just inquisition, pirates and natives would be SO MUCH better.

I2bJM.jpg

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So is there any way to set the difficulty of minigames differently to the difficulty of the game?

Cause I'd like to keep the difficulty on normal but set minigame difficulty down to easy...

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
Are monkeys useless in this game? I bought a monkey and they seem to be worse at stealing than the main character. Also haven't found a place where they're needed to get through small places to steal stuff (on the first island still).

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So is there any way to set the difficulty of minigames differently to the difficulty of the game?

Cause I'd like to keep the difficulty on normal but set minigame difficulty down to easy...
No.

Just finished the game. Damn. Took me about 40 hours with exploring nearly everything and finishing nearly all quests. It was a very good game, definitely worth it's price. If AoD won't come out this year, I already have my GOTY :love:

Tigranes

Arcane
The dialogues aren't bad, yeah. PB games have never had good dialogue, I think this one's a bit better.

Where is my Gnome Armour DLC

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hey, Guchos, do you know where can I buy/steal/otherwise obtain a map of the fine Sword Coast region? Not that I do not enjoy wandering blindly from one majestic tropical vista to another, but I would rather know where I am going in advance.

Raapys

Arcane
Soooo, I think I may have screwed up my game.

What exactly are the ways to free Hawkins? Because I never bothered getting the pickpocketing skill, and I'm not getting that option on Sebastino( though oddly enough I've gotten it on some other people), thus I can't get the key to free him. I'm with the inquisition, so no voodoo stuff available. I also read it was possible to fire off one of the cannons, but needless to say I've already sabotaged those some time ago.
*edit*

Nvm, looks like there was one cannon which I didn't have to sabotage that could be used to free him.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hey, Guchos, do you know where can I buy/steal/otherwise obtain a map of the fine Sword Coast region? Not that I do not enjoy wandering blindly from one majestic tropical vista to another, but I would rather know where I am going in advance.

I found one in the cave that Silverbeard tells you to check out when you take the longer and safer path from the starting tower to the voodoo village. It's somewhere in the north of the area.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
You can also get a map from the hall in Sebatiano's building. It's on a table or shelf or something behind him when you first get there. Just grab it. He will go "WAT DO YEW TINK YOU ARR DOIN?" then nothing else because in this game you can steal shit without penalty.

Captain Shrek

You can also get a map from the hall in Sebatiano's building. It's on a table or shelf or something behind him when you first get there. Just grab it. He will go "WAT DO YEW TINK YOU ARR DOIN?" then nothing else because in this game you can steal shit without penalty.
:decline:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
What? I thought people tried to kill you if you stole their shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom