Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Risen 2 Thread

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
What? I thought people tried to kill you if you stole their shit.
Well yeah, if they are armed guards.

Raapys

Arcane
I think it has to do with whether or not you're in an off-limits room. You can pick all you want from rooms you're allowed to be in, but you'll be attacked if you're both trespassing and stealing.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Stealing depends. If you steal one less valuable item, the guards will warn you. If you steal again afterward, they'll attack.

Tigranes

Arcane
JarlFrank is right on the stealing rules. Of course, most of the time you just have to stand behind a dude, get into crouch mode, then use the long-range targeting to click on a chest, so sneaking is only ever a thing in certain specific set pieces. The balancing aspect seems to be that a lot of chests don't have a whole lot, except for high-lockpick chests or ones in remote / hidden locations.

Mortmal

Arcane
Ton of textures flickering , graphics bug, glitches, oh and modifying the config.html, something i shouldnt even have to bother to do, diddnt help much. I still see vegetation and textures flicker on long distance. Npc animated like puppet on strings, and cant say the environment is breath taking.
Its an xbox360 game ported to pc no doubt and not one of the prettiest one. I've seen much much better than this. I havent played long enough to comment on the gameplay, as the graphics issues are really detrimental , but blocking the storemaster and beating him without getting any reaction doesnt bode well.
At this price, with day one dlcs blatantly cut of from the game , this is completely unacceptable .I dont understand why pyrana bytes get a free pass on the codex.Does that worth paying 5x grimrock price ? Hell no.

Don't be mean, Villain. Let's be friends, okay?:oops:

Friends? You threw the first stone, sir!

hX3x8.jpg

Malpercio

Arcane
Ahah, doing the
council's quest
on Caldera with voodoo was awesome. Too bad the city isn't like the other PB cities, it looks lite it just came out from Dragon Age. :(

Voodoo definitely confirmed for being better than firearms, btw. Mind control is awesome and you get Chani, who can HEAL YOU. Now battles with animals are +100% more tolerable!

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
For the first time in my life it's me who's lucky regarding bugs. No flickering for me... and the jungle looks gorgeous! The lighting seems to be improved compared to Risen 1.

The first boss fight was a little bit meh with that QTE at the end which I have no idea how I managed to miss the first time; the whole thing reminded me a bit of the Kraken form TW2 but it was a lot more tolerable.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I rewinded a save and gained access to musketes. They're really powerful as a replacement for swords. Otoh, vodoo is really powerful as a support for swords and is just more interesting in general. Voodoo suffers from the same thing as a lot of the non-combat skills though, they just aren't worth much until you reach 50+ effective skill.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm stuck with a shitty mobile web connection and I cannot download the game until later this week.
In other words: I HA...ENVY ALL THE PEOPLE that have fun playing Risen2 right now :salute:

When people are complaining about graphic quality of a PB game, they totally miss the point of PB games. This is technical problem that can be solved by buying a better computer or at least a OS clean up. Design errors really hurts.
And every time someone cannot into spoiler tags, I want to smash the fucking monitor. Fuck. I need to stay away of this thread.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Updated my jo... graphics drivers to 301. Now it doesn't lag. :cool:

Mortmal

Arcane
Missing the point ? you are the one missing the point , they went next gen , more mainstream than usual ,next gen pricing with day one dlcs, i expect the same level of graphic quality than the other AAA titles .
OS clean up or buying a better pc ? You are full of shit , and i strongly advise other users having graphics problem to not touch their drivers or their os or start tweaking any windows service, the problem is with the game not your system.
A patch will probably come out but guess what i am not happy to do beta testing for those greedy fucks.They went full drm and full pricing they can hire a testing team, i have no time for that.

Malpercio

Arcane
Are some companions missable or you met them all during the main quest?

Anyway, the BS is starting to get better. I finally decide to put some good, old points in sword and battles are starting to become more tolerable. I wish i had done that before.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Missing the point ? you are the one missing the point , they went next gen , more mainstream than usual ,next gen pricing with day one dlcs, i expect the same level of graphic quality than the other AAA titles .
OS clean up or buying a better pc ? You are full of shit , and i strongly advise other users having graphics problem to not touch their drivers or their os or start tweaking any windows service, the problem is with the game not your system.
A patch will probably come out but guess what i am not happy to do beta testing for those greedy fucks.They went full drm and full pricing they can hire a testing team, i have no time for that.

and expect you will...

Elwro

Arcane
OK guys, I reached my first moment of :rage: (still on the Blade Coast or whatever they called it in English).

This might or might not be due to my own incompetence. First, non-spoilerish thing: I need an "illicium" of a sand devil to make a scepter of power, which I think I need for my next quest. But I can't find the bastards anywhere. I already visited all the beaches and killed all of them. But there are no "illicia" in my inventory! So, I thought, I must've sold them. But it seems no seller on the Coast has them! So, a question: are there any vendors outside of P. Isabella and the Shenanigans (whatever) village I may have forgotten about? If not, than it seems the items disappeared? I don't think it was even possible for me to use them anywhere. And I certainly killed some sand devils on the Coast, so I had to have the items in the inventory.

This brings me to my next problem:
how to sabotage the three guns with Benito near them? Even if I wait only for Benito to be around, he kills me easily. Right now I'm slaughtering every living thing on the Coast to gain experience to beat Benito, but my original idea was to use a scepter to control him... am I right? And is the right scepter the scepter of power? If so, then I'm fucked if I don't find these "illicia".

I don't like how the game does not describe what an item (a scepter, elixir etc) does until you make it... you have to blindly buy a recipe (if the item is not in the vendor's inventory).

Malpercio

Arcane
I just attacked Benito and knocked him out. I think it's a bug, because even when i told
the quartermaster and the guards to fuck off possessing Lorenzo
he didn't even flinch.

The scepter is out of question, you simply don't have enough black magic to use it on humans (yet).

Elwro

Arcane
I just attacked Benito and knocked him out. I think it's a bug, because even when i told
he didn't even flinch.

The scepter is out of question, you simply don't have enough black magic to use it on humans (yet).
By Lorenzo you mean Sebastiano? If so, then I did the same thing...
Thx for telling me about the scepter. I'll forget about it then. ...and if combat is the only option here, then I don't understand it since it looks as an obvious occasion for voodoo application!

ironyuri

he didn't even flinch.

By Lorenzo you mean Sebastiano? If so, then I did the same thing...
Thx for telling me about the scepter. I'll forget about it then. ...and if combat is the only option here, then I don't understand it since it looks as an obvious occasion for voodoo application!

The occasion is obvious, but you do not possess the power of a true voodoo master, young padawan! Wise must you become before use of the dark voodoo arts can you make.

ironyuri

I don't remember this ilicium thing with Benito, is it part of a quest, Elwro?

As far as quests go, apart from quests which involve minigames which are currently the bane of my existence, you can generally complete the quests by use of silver tongue, intimidate, beating the shit out of someone or theft. There aren't tons of ways to do stuff, but there are some significant pathways you can take.

For me, beating the shit out of Benito was the way to go, if you're doing the cannons, and he attacks, attack him, he falls and you should be able to sabotage all three before helping him back up-sometimes the warehouse master attacks too, but he's easy and you get about 150 glory for defeating them in combat. It helps if you have a follower in the fight, I had Hawkins with me at the time to distract Benito's musket...

Tigranes

Arcane
The Benito one seems to generally be bugged at present. You can just beat him up, so you're not stuck, but I imagine there were a couple of other things that are meant to work there.

1eyedking

Erudite
Exploration pays off: apart from equipment and cash, if you look around the first region you may get a stat-increasing plant and a nice pistol. (This nice pistol seems really to be the only way to complete an optional fight at that point.) The option of getting the pistol is quickly closed; and is available only if you buy a skill which is a significant cash investment. This, in turn, is made easier if you talk to a clerk properly and convince him to pay you after you're giving the main mission. Early on the first island, you might get a map for free if you use a dialogue option available only if you accepted a certain mission; also, you can coerce Patty into a kitchen job if you invest in Persuasion, then she will steal some supplies for you. So: the game seems to have these small details I had come to like about PB games... I found only one quest which could be completed in more than one way, depending on whether you preferred stealing or dueling. (But I've really only begun playing...)
Where did you find that first plant?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom