Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Sims 4

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I always install mods that make interactions between sims more interesting and even bought some DLCs that add more content outside of your home...

... but then I end up playing a sim who just sits in her home all days and spends 90% of her day in front of the computer.

It truly is a real life simulation, isn't it?

Caim

Arcane
More family stuff.

And in a strange twist of brand intergration, the main youtube channel replied.

Caim

Arcane
LGR got his hands on it.

Another eh/10 expansion.

Consensus in the comments is that this is yet another shard of the shattered Sims 3 Generations expansions alongside the parenting, wedding, school and various stuff packs.

index.php

Arcane
LGR got his hands on it.

Another eh/10 expansion.

Consensus in the comments is that this is yet another shard of the shattered Sims 3 Generations expansions alongside the parenting, wedding, school and various stuff packs.

IiuI2GF.png

:what:
:what::what:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
if they made sims 5 utilizing all that fucking ai bullshit (that would require them to fire all women and hire real developers) they could make the best selling game of all time

Late Bloomer

Scholar
About 2k worth of Expansions / Game Packs / Stuff Packs / & Kits they finally decided to make one with horses. Can Sims 5 be monetized even more?

beardalaxy

Novice
I can't believe it took this long to introduce horses lol.
Sims 4 is still missing so many features that Sims 3 had. The only reason I play it is because Sims 3 is locked to 30 FPS and the open world ends up making things incredibly laggy over time. It also gets pretty hard to manage so many Sims doing different careers that aren't rabbit holes at once, whereas in Sims 4 you can only be with one group of Sims at any given point.
Seeing all of the woke shit is also pretty tiring, but hey, at least you can still drown Sims...

It'll be interesting to see how Sims 5 turns out, particularly in comparison to Paralives.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I can't believe it took this long to introduce horses lol.
Sims 4 is still missing so many features that Sims 3 had. The only reason I play it is because Sims 3 is locked to 30 FPS and the open world ends up making things incredibly laggy over time. It also gets pretty hard to manage so many Sims doing different careers that aren't rabbit holes at once, whereas in Sims 4 you can only be with one group of Sims at any given point.
Seeing all of the woke shit is also pretty tiring, but hey, at least you can still drown Sims...

It'll be interesting to see how Sims 5 turns out, particularly in comparison to Paralives.
don't have the 30fps lock on mine and no lag late game.

beardalaxy

Novice
Did they make a console version? It's 60fps on PC
don't have the 30fps lock on mine and no lag late game.
I think where I got this idea from is that Sims 3 doesn't have a frame limiter/vsync option built into it. The game will just run with as many frames as it is able to which will burn a hole in your energy bill and your GPU. There is an alternate launcher for the game called 3booter that has an option to limit the frame rate to 30 FPS, and that's the only option. I had seen people say that this is because the actual game logic doesn't run at higher than 30 FPS so anything over that isn't needed, which could still be true I guess, but after just installing the game to check I can definitely tell that the animations will run at whatever FPS the game is running at. It does seem like limiting the frame rate makes the game significantly more stable though instead of it being a jittery mess, so perhaps 30 FPS is the only lock that will actually smooth it out entirely. It always seemed to me that, since Sims 3 came out in 2009, Maxis did not plan on having much better hardware running the game so, like many other developers, just assumed it would be running at 30 FPS and wrote the game around that. There is a console version of Sims 3 as well, on the PS3/360, and that one definitely does run at 30 FPS. That could be part of the issue as well, one way or another.

Fake news strikes yet again.

Full disclosure, I haven't played Sims 3 since like 2018, maybe even 2017, so things could definitely be different with the modding scene these days (and hardware has gotten better since then as well). When I played it, the more you played the more bloated your town got which would result in ridiculous loading times and a lot of simulation lag. Sims 4 has its fair share of sim lag, but it seems a lot easier to fix than Sims 3 is, or used to be if it actually has been smoothed over a lot by now. I also had a ton of mods so that could affect it, but I have a comparable amount in Sims 4 and it handles it way better if that's the case.

I probably won't ever go back to Sims 3, though. Sims 4 is a lot more manageable, for better or for worse. I would get stuck doing only 1 in-game day for an entire play session in Sims 3 because I feel the need to micromanage all of my Sims and if they aren't in rabbit hole careers it all gets to be a lot to keep track of! One of the main things that made me switch though was actually some horrible AI when it came to taking care of toddlers. If I remember correctly, I would be combating the AI all the time with what I wanted them to do, like picking up a toddler to put them to bed was a chore. The AI just didn't cooperate and it frustrated me enough to switch xD Sims 4 modding got to the point where I was cool with making the switch as well.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
I probably won't ever go back to Sims 3, though.
seriously, you need to try it with the smooth mod. Night and day difference. I couldn't believe it when I tried it myself. And yeah the game can run at 60FPS and that's even with all the expansions installed and I was also running NRass Stories which are persistent.
I would 100% agree with you if not for the smooth mod. Plus there's still a lot of things TS3 can do that TS4 can't especially because its an open world whereas TS4 is instances.
https://modthesims.info/d/658759/smooth-patch-2-1.html

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Full disclosure, I haven't played Sims 3 since like 2018, maybe even 2017, so things could definitely be different with the modding scene these days (and hardware has gotten better since then as well). When I played it, the more you played the more bloated your town got which would result in ridiculous loading times and a lot of simulation lag.
It is a know issue with the game cache system and lots of "trash" it keeps on the save memory slowing the game until corruption of the same. Nowadays there's plugins to fix and/or improve the same.

beardalaxy

Novice
I probably won't ever go back to Sims 3, though.
seriously, you need to try it with the smooth mod. Night and day difference. I couldn't believe it when I tried it myself. And yeah the game can run at 60FPS and that's even with all the expansions installed and I was also running NRass Stories which are persistent.
I would 100% agree with you if not for the smooth mod. Plus there's still a lot of things TS3 can do that TS4 can't especially because its an open world whereas TS4 is instances.
https://modthesims.info/d/658759/smooth-patch-2-1.html
Oh interesting, I might actually have to try that one of these days then. Thanks!

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Look out, Sims 5.

Whoever thought this is a good idea needs to have their head examined.

Im under impression that Paradox saw that mods are keeping Sims 4 afloat and that the plan is to just make a bareboned but very easily moddable Sims clone. This dialog system is probably one of many features that the devs put in if someone wants to make scenarios, quests, plotlines with dialog choices. Basically its seem more as a building tool then something used directly in gameplay.

But how knows maybe I am wrong.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom