Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
But I don't think I am tough enough for this game.

Bitch, you have 240+ people on Ignore, you're not tough enough for this forum.

EDIT: The fact that you saw a reason to "unignore" my post to leave a rating tells EVERYONE how much of a fucking cunt you are. GTFO, you have no business here anymore.

Last edited:

For those who want have a full game :P

I'm still stubbornly waiting for a steeper discount. Which I possibly shouldn't since I love the hell out of Battle Bros, but on the other hand I'm massively flooded with games in general and still have unplayed tacticool stuff to get to so I'm in no rush.

The next game from Jotun and Sundered's dev that includes a dedicated hug button just surprise released.

Loaded this up 'cause of game pass and general curiosity and... I still don't know. Other than it's furry. And androgynous. And is looking like there's no failure or even really sub-optimal play, you just kinda do whatever, but I'm still TECHNICALLY in the tutorial I assume so maybe things will turn around. It's pretty though (Except for some inexplicable blurring on occasion, not sure what's up with that) and the music's nice and laid back. If I start yiffing then someone'll have to put me down.

you have 240+ people on Ignore
:what:

Vatnik Wumao
But I don't think I am tough enough for this game.

Bitch, you have 240+ people on Ignore, you're not tough enough for this forum.
Like pottery. :M
6oj9kKe.png

Although you aren't a saint yourself in that regard, Norsebro.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
More demos coming:

This will be a recurring thing. https://steamcommunity.com/groups/steamworks/announcements/detail/4227144896738094211

A Note on Future Events

Based on feedback from players and developers, we have decided to make the Steam Game Festival a recurring event. Following the Autumn Edition, the next two Game Festivals will be in February 2021 and June 2021. In order to make the selection of games as relevant as possible for customers, beginning with the 2020 Steam Game Festival: Autumn Edition, games must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
  • Games may only participate in one of the next three game festivals: Autumn 2020, February 2021, or June 2021.
  • Participating games must have a planned release date within 6 months of the festival. If you think your release date will be more than 6 months after the festival, you should plan to opt-in to a future event.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Shadow of Aya, 8-bit style action game with elemental abilities and environmental interactions. Seems inspired by both NES Zelda and BotW.

ss_3c3460da9a1514668ebd3acc880880a015c1ebaa.600x338.jpg
ss_d89b620ae2de557718b982810b7e115de1fdda5f.600x338.jpg

Master the elements of poison, fire, ice, and meteorite in Shadow of Aya, a top-down action-adventure ode to the 8-bit classics. But beware—as your powers grow, so do the forces against you. The journey downward is choked with shadow, and the creatures who lurk among them.

Features:
  • Discover a Handcrafted World: Every rock is carefully placed, so leave no stone unturned. Shadow of Aya is meticulously designed to evoke the “gotta find every secret” vibes of the old-school titles.
  • Nonlinear Progression: An interconnected overworld and underworld mean that as you gain abilities, you also gain choices. Set out in whichever direction you favor, filling every corner of your map.
  • Explore the Mysteries: Secret paths, endless staircases, forbidden forests, hidden graveyards—the world bristles with relics, riddles, and rare powers to aid you on your quest.
  • Use Elemental Types: Every element has its weakness. Learn how to exploit them to blast, melt, burn, slash, and freeze your way through waves of unwitting enemies.
  • Evolve Your Combat Style: The classic two-button A + B control style is easy to learn, challenging to master. Each elemental power gives access to a new pair of moves, unlocking an entirely different style of play.
  • Meet an Enigmatic Cast: Wanderers, cartographers, alchemists, and a sisterhood of blood witches are among the many strangers you’ll encounter. The question is—which among them can be trusted?
  • Master Your Environment: Wield the elements to freeze lakes, burn forests, smash walls, and more. A new discovery might reveal a shortcut back to where you started—or a secret glade where the sun can never reach.
  • Amass Unstoppable Power: Permanent character and weapon upgrades await those who would claim them. Some require you to earn the trust of reclusive sages. Others can only be paid in blood.

As a counterpoint to procedurally-generated maps, Shadow of Aya seeks to challenge those who love combat as much as a lovingly crafted world. This one’s for the players who seek 101% completion—to solve each mystery and collect each piece—and not receive a randomized reward for their achievement.

In the end, those who hope to complete their adventure in full will be forced to think big, be creative, and return to an older style of play. Each secret has a pattern, every pixel is a clue. (Okay, maybe not every pixel.) The path is most fulfilling for those who truly lose themselves within the Shadow of Aya.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Nice Fahrenheit 451's cover homage. But the lack of Arx Fatalis is a big oversight.

lightbane

Arcane
All I heard about this anime is that's dumpster fire even for average garbage anime level and certain female design (the one with blue sash underboobs) caused people to go apeshit.

I watched the anime. It's okay, although it's an honorary isekai setting, complete with levels and stats, if justified due lore reasons (although funnily enough the work predates many recent isekais), centered around a seemingly endless dungeon full of nasties. The protagonist is one of most annoying beta loser-type tier of japanese MCs, but of course he's very strong and has a large harem of cute girls fawning over him (except for the goddess, who I find annoying). Nevertheless, it has good production values and even very bleak moments, but it's nothing new. The game seems basic, but it seemingly lets you interact with some of the female cast in dates and such after the main story is over. It's probably better to just read a few hentai doujins instead. Or read the manga rather than watch the anime (the novel I would say it depends on how tolerant are you regarding the fact you get to hear the MC's annoying beta male thoughts, over and over).

There was a special crossover event between Danmachi's cellphone game and Goblin Slayer, somehow. Check youtube for details.

The female design you mention is the goddess Hestia, who cockblocks the MC at every opportunity, and looks like a loli despite not being one.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
TOGUM, action RPG set in a post-apocalyptic Brazil:

ss_ceafbdd0d21c74ee338d41f7eb1b771318fc425c.600x338.jpg
ss_7dffc2fa16b47be28eb5997d2a76566eb798f22f.600x338.jpg

Some kind of party-based real-time RPG originally released on mobile:

ss_b98545219e70bc9fa62e64c79abd89e60370aeaf.600x338.jpg
ss_0ecc355270b1de860e0f90acbe1745ac4a514529.600x338.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
That's perfectly logical, considering what the Greeks said about her :P

Alas, she doesn't do that to protect Bell's chastity, but rather be the sole thot to fuck him, since animu-Hestia is VERY thirsty. Unfortunately for her, the MC, Bell Cranel, is aware enough to know that spending time with a literal immortal goddess who doesn't age nor can give children is a futile effort. Then there's the girls hounding him at every opportunity that barely give him time to react.

TOGUM, action RPG set in a post-apocalyptic Brazil:

Sounds like a generic/terrible JRPG which could be set anywhere with little change.

Life starts with an egg .. and it can also end because of it.

TOGUM is an Action RPG divided by chapters that takes place in Brazil in the near future. Created in the laboratory, TOGUM are the result of a genetic experiment that escaped their laboratory. As they reproduce quickly, in a few days, there were millions of them all over the country. Without having time to create a strategy and as they are extremely violent, it is believed that TOGUM ended up killing at least 90% of the Brazil's population, the other countries's situation is unknown.

You take control of the young Marshal Dante Masamune, the only human being who, by accident, became a human-togum hybrid, a fact that gave him superhuman strength and abilities. Now he, his childhood friend Nicole and his friend Danielle , go on missions together trying find who was responsible for all this and end up discovering that this is the last chance of humanity to save itself ..

Or they all come together ... or they will all perish.

:lol:

Also, W10 only to make it worse.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh, boy, yet another "deck-building roguelite" reached 1.0 today. I'm sure everyone is terribly excited by this fresh, new thing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom