Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I grabbed myself quite a lot, 15 games for 44€. Good sale for me.
Had a bit of a craving for CYOAs and playbooks after Suzerain blueballed me with 5 hours of gameplay for 8€ and a shitty last chapter.

The haul:
All 4 of the Sorcery playbooks
2 Fighting Fantasy playbooks (Forest of Doom and Caverns of the Snow Witch)
The Guild Collection
Warbanners as an indie tactical rpg
Demon's Rise since the dev made like 5 different tactical rpgs and I wanted to try one
Swords and Sorcery Underworld since I need more blobbers
Ascension to the Throne to play some ancient slavjank
And one JRPG to top it off in Curse of the Great Curry God

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
You complete all of them and get a sticker for each. It's not actually a choice at all, although some of the text was kind of amusing

Tell me about it...

m10JT43.jpg

Generic-Giant-Spider

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
So far I've got Wasteland 3, Walking Dead Final Season and Ass Creed Origins. Might get Ion Fury and Grimwah, although I've never completed a blobber in my life. Kind of interested in Detroit: Become Human, but it's not cheap enough yet.

A few questions, if you don't mind:
SoulCaliber VI or Tekken 7?
Would Grimwah be a good first blobber? If not, pls recommend
Is Drakensang: River of Time actually good? Or just good compared to Drakensang?
I'm loving NFS Heat, but I'm coming to the end, does Forza Horizon 4 compare well? Is the drive-feel at all similar?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I liked the fake CYOA stuff. Some of the writing was genuinely funny. Got the Gorilla Scientist badge. Some of the banner art was quite nice as well. Think this might be my favorite sales gimmick so far. As for game sales I just picked up Sanctus Reach + DLC. Dunno if there's anything else I wanna get but we'll see if I can find something.

GloomFrost

Arcane
So far I've got Wasteland 3, Walking Dead Final Season and Ass Creed Origins. Might get Ion Fury and Grimwah, although I've never completed a blobber in my life. Kind of interested in Detroit: Become Human, but it's not cheap enough yet.

Is Drakensang: River of Time actually good? Or just good compared to Drakensang?
I'm loving NFS Heat, but I'm coming to the end, does Forza Horizon 4 compare well? Is the drive-feel at all similar?
First of all Steam version of the River of time might not even run on a modern PC. I literally check everyday if they released it on GOG (what's the hold up Dammit??). And yes as far as 3D party based RPGs go, its good.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nothing thrills you more than being the first to set foot on a floating continent or diving into the depths of a lost city. Your archeologist friends say you should spend less time punching Nazis and more time dusting grains of sand off femurs. They’re going to be dusting grains of your foot out of their ass if they don’t get off your back about this stuff.

I personally love Soulcalibur 6, and wrote about it during the last steam sale.

It depends what your priorities are, though. Tekken 7 no doubt has a larger playerbase, its online population even several years after release still has numbers that are comparable to Guilty Gear Strive, which was released recently and was the biggest fighting game released on PC to date. The fact that it can still sport those numbers after all this time means you'll likely never have trouble finding a match online, and probably plenty of people at your skill level even if you're just starting out.

SC6, on the other hand, as a newbie online you're going to be fighting plenty of tough opponents right out of the gate. Even when it was at its peak population matchmaking would still put you up against people at much higher rank. If you can still have fun despite that, or if you're more interested in single-player offerings, I say go for it. There is still a dedicated community for it and I don't think I've ever had trouble finding a match. It's far from a 'dead' game, unlike a lot of discord fighters. But it's essentially a 'done' game and it would not surprise me if there are no further DLCs or character additions around the corner.

Not much really leaping out at me. Thinking about grabbing the Erannorth DLC but the discount's only 20%. Thinking about the Quantic Dream bundle since that'd come out to $12 each for the games which sounds alright for some big budget CYOA. Only thing I'm almost 100% going to buy is the dregs of the NWN EE DLC.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
thanks to Jenkem tooting his horn, i've learned that Atomic Society is officially out of early access (although you'll have to apply the beta boolean until the Steam Summer Sale is over; the main dev is holding off visibly taking it out of early access until the sale is over. those who are in the know can play the 1.0 version right now)

Aemar

Arcane
Flash deals and some better discounts on fanatical.com, as usual during their summer sale.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
thanks to Jenkem tooting his horn, i've learned that Atomic Society is officially out of early access (although you'll have to apply the beta boolean until the Steam Summer Sale is over; the main dev is holding off visibly taking it out of early access until the sale is over. those who are in the know can play the 1.0 version right now)

ss_c64a3f555929dd4ea915770596cf2a8d9de967d4.jpg

:hmmm:

You know what's worse than nuclear apocalypse?
Nuclear apocalypse that didn't removed pre-nuclear problems.
What a waste of time and nukes...

Last edited:

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
yeah having a say about various real life controversies and ruling how you want to rule is one atomic's selling points

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Only thing I'm looking at is Steamworld Dig 2 at 70% off which is the lowest price yet. Thoroughly enjoyed the first (which is at 80% off) and this is said to be an all round improvement on it and so will probably plumb for it.

I didn't enjoy it as much as the original, but the difference is marginal. Mostly about the feel of the game, the gameplay is alright. $6 is about the proper price for it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom