Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looks very Bard's Tale. I was asking because I was thinking someone has probably played it, as it released 30ish years ago.

Last edited:

Acrux

Arcane
Another They Are Billions clone:

Calling it a clone isn't exactly accurate. It has the same "defend against the horde" gameplay, but the resource management is much different and closer to Stronghold. Personally, I like it better than They Are Billions or Age of Darkness.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Looks like someone took a page or two from The Nameless Mod. GHOSTWARE: Arena of the Dead, a meta-FPS/adventure set inside an arena shooter.

ss_b0e9aff6b5115cef7d09377b5e2c5d7e186bdd27.600x338.jpg
ss_0b772151fc0e8b95fda2f214f029a2e424604f04.600x338.jpg

Denim Destroyer

Learned
Looks like someone took a page or two from The Nameless Mod. GHOSTWARE: Arena of the Dead, a meta-FPS/adventure set inside an arena shooter.

Nameless Mod is remembered for its meta commentary and excellent take on the Deus Ex gameplay. Call it pattern recognition but this indie arena shooter is likely not going to be remembered as well as the games it is commentating on.

Modron

Arcane
Nothing too prosperous released the last couple days so no happy ending.

Blood West entered Early Access

From Ice pick lodge

Another wargame published by slitherine

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That looks pretty cool. Combat engine looks interesting, not as floaty as Total War. But I assume the strategic management is pretty bare-bones.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Do Romans actually fight realistically in a formation? Do soldiers switch positions in line? Can they get tired or wounded (but keep fighting, however, with penalties and if seriously injured getting in the back of the line)? Or is it just a silly "whomever stands in the first lines dies!" like in Total Wars?

Harthwain

Magister
That looks pretty cool. Combat engine looks interesting, not as floaty as Total War. But I assume the strategic management is pretty bare-bones.
I need to watch some gameplay first, but the game is cheap and looks interesting so I might end up buying it. In some way it reminds me of Caesar II. At least the military aspect of it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom