Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Escape Dungeon seems like yet more "quality content" from Steam.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
2022, gaming on the whole has reached "bargain-bin" level. I'm not complaining though, I usually wait for the 90% discount and if you pay 2$ you get 2$ shit.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Spelldrifter, "puzzle-like positional tactics of a turn-based RPG" with cards, whatever that means:

ss_153525a891d2830542d47b9c8e1b84ccccb0cd5e.600x338.jpg
ss_1668e90b0a92cc9ad980f4284389d1b9492bd0f3.600x338.jpg

Britannia, a digital adaptation of the board game. Apparently this adaptation is made by Philippe Thibaut, the creator of Europa Universalis:

ss_e9819a9cfe9f471aa6f7b1ebdef15bb7b1fb35f5.600x338.jpg
ss_b653ddaef4687d4dbb9b2460dd6f8d5b45fb865b.600x338.jpg

Modron

Arcane
Seal of Evil just got released onto Steam after all these years (from the same people who made Prince of Qin).

Bloody Spell left Early Access.

Modron

Arcane
Kenshi is 50% of for the first time I believe

It's still 3 dollars more than the Early Access discounts but yeah this is the lowest it's been since release if you're thinking about pulling the trigger.

Ivan

Arcane
Good time to pickup RE4. Very excited to revisit this title and see how much I actually remember. I still remember how awestruck I was the first time I found out you could backtrack AFTER the fish boss and what you find on the other side.

:bounce:

Modron

Arcane
Can anyone recommend controller friendly online co-op games on sale? Something like nu-gauntlet especially.

Co-op RPG brawlers are actually fairly rare creatures, especially ones with online options.

Charlie Murder
Castle Crashers
Maybe Lost Castle

Remote Play Together options
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
All the Golden Axe games
The First Templar and Blood Knights (not really rpgs but might scratch the itch).

Not on sale
Lord of the Rings: War in the North would probably fit the bill well but it's not on steam anymore, 20 bucks through gamestop to get a steam key.
River City Ransom Underground

Dexter

Arcane
Arrowhead that made Gauntlet also did Magicka (not sure about controller-friendly for this tho) and Helldivers. There's also Magicka 2 from a different studio. FORCED was also pretty gud.

Other than that maybe Trine or Don't Starve Together?

Harthwain

Magister
FMV games should remain dead. It is atrocious when used for gameplay purposes and is visually inferior compared to good quality pixel art. The only exceptions are cutscenes/briefings, and even then you have to put effort into making your costumes look good and actors convincing in their act.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I saw the complete Unreal Collection for $1.67 where you got your Steam keys for each individual games on a steals & deals board, but got scared off by a comment I saw in the SlickDeals forum where it was posted. Dude posted something like: "Well, the good news is I got my games and all activated on steam with no problem! Best $1.67 I ever spent! The Bad news? I got a $37 charge for Taco Bueno on my PayPal and then they tried to go for $1200."

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

This game is decent if you like CYOAs. Right now is about the only time I can recommend getting it, since it's on sale.

It's sort of replayable, but too many scenes just end up being skipped on a replay, so really it's quite short and I can't recommend it at full price. There's also a free demo available if you want to try it, and it carries over your progress after you buy.

I'd say the world and lore are at least interesting, and it's an ok way to spend a few hours.

Dr1f7

Scholar
BEST-NARRATIVE.jpg

is it true? how does it compare to crime and punishment? picture of dorian gray? death of ivan illyich?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom