Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Sarathiour

Cipher
You can check the thread if you're wondering about it, seems mostly grounded, and was pretty well received on the dex.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
vampire syndicate: It takes but a moment to lose em out of your sight, just a blink, for grillz to undress in front of you. Game doesnt appear to acknowledge you asking them to leave and rest undress instead.
space cats: cat puns taken too far match my boredom
shadow gambit: waaaait a minute, those are shadow tactics devs and it will be clear the moment you boot gameplay. If you wanted shadow tactics in pirate settings written larian-like, you are in luck!
amberland: bleh, 7 party members
islands of the caliph: attack/use key wasnt working for me so couldnt experience it properly. Music/art direction/general feel works for me but sadly couldnt collect anything or attack them spiders
fortune run: very promising. cp77 with lower budget. You appear to be getting as many phone calls and cutscenes though

Modron

Arcane
Once again another Steam Next Fest is upon us and I figured it would be a good idea to put up a general impressions thread for codexers to pop in and highlight some undiscovered gems and good for what they ares.
https://store.steampowered.com/sale/nextfest

I'll start with saying I just finished the demo of this RPGvania and found it to be pretty decent:

Modron

Arcane
Is there any way to filter out tags for one search? See way too many low-effort roguelite deckbuilder sexual content games.
You could disable sexual content in your account settings > preferences and add exclude deckbuilding tags there as well I guess.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Revival Recolonization Demo, bruh this is not only stealing gameplay logic from Endless Legend, it literally steals UI elements.

20230621203835_1.jpg

Modron

Arcane
If you're just going to post deckbuilding roguelites you might as well post something different like:

Which has good art and tried something new by making a dicebuilding game.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I played a few, and the only one that compelled me to do a second run was

Placing buildings on a map, with adjacency bonuses and limited space, is a good way to add complexity. But the cards themselves are too simple.

Modron

Arcane
Deckbuilding has never really been my cup of tea but yeah combining it with 4x at least looks fairly interesting.

Found a little indie Advance Wars clone probably not as good as its inspiration but here it is:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom