Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Biggest problem with getting on the higher difficulties is that a lot of times in public games you'll get booted unless you have a high level character. And honestly I can't be bothered to grind out those levels.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
It makes sense though. On Suicidal and HoE, the money you get from killing is severaly reduced and the zeds will take more damage, so that means that a low-level character (I'd say 4 is ok to enter Suicidal even if some morons claim you need to be 6) will not have the discount to buy better weapons faster and will lag behind, while at the same time adding more zeds and giving them more health. As for grinding, I didn't really see it as such. Some perks have that aspect though, like the Commando's need to kill a certain number of stalkers with assault rifles but with practice you know the best spots where they will likely spawn.

Bruticis

Biggest problem with getting on the higher difficulties is that a lot of times in public games you'll get booted unless you have a high level character. And honestly I can't be bothered to grind out those levels.
You could join us in the CDS this weekend. We've got a session set for this weekend assuming everyone doesn't change their minds for the millionth time.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Oh I don't disagree that it's basically necessary to have the levels for the higher difficulties I just think it takes too long to gain rank. I might install it to play with you all this weekend, depends on if I start playing something else on the backlog or if they have a good Halloween sale!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Darkness 2 is $5 on Amazon (just fake a US address) digital download -- Steamworks.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
If Morgoth thinks it sucks then it must be so bad it causes brain cancer just playing it. There's a demo on Steam that I tried once when it first came out. FOV is so cramped it feels like you're playing at the bottom of a well. Nice stylized art but it's a fairly generic FPS with wacky demonic powers/movements/attacks. And it's only like five hours long or something. I'd play it if I had it but I don't want it enough to buy it separately... not even at $5. If it comes up in some larger 2K promo pack with other games for $10 or whatever, I'd get it.

Multi-headed Cow

If Morgoth thinks it sucks then it must be so bad it causes brain cancer just playing it.
It does. I bought it at $7.50 and I regret it and I'm usually pretty easygoing when it comes to dumb shooters. Didn't like it at all.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Just Cause 2 is $3.75 today. If you don't already have it, it's well worth that price. It's probably the most fun I've had with an open-world dicking-around simulator in a long time. Gets boring after 10-20 hours but worth it for the lulz and campy B-movie everything.

Multi-headed Cow

Upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 8. If I don't make it back, tell Gaben I love him and Konjad I hate him for talking up Guild Wars 2.

If I do make it back, berate me for going to Windows 8.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Don't do it man you still have so much to live for, so many Steam games left to play, so many Steam sales,...

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 8. If I don't make it back, tell Gaben I love him and Konjad I hate him for talking up Guild Wars 2.

If I do make it back, berate me for going to Windows 8.
Windows 8 is shit, which i already said in SCIENCE forum. Guild Wars 2 is quite meh, why did you buy it anyway? :troll:

Multi-headed Cow

Guild Wars 2 is quite meh, why did you buy it anyway?
i haet u konjarb

Windows 8's working fine thus far. The metro stuff is pretty dumb but easy enough to ignore, everything I've launched through metro apart from metro specific programs just launch on desktop as normal. Taskmanager is nicer than 7. Programs thus far seem to be running fine.
Ballmer took a page from the book of Gaben when they had that $15 Windows 8 deal. Never had a legit copy of Windows in my life until I saw $15 and figured what the hell. THEY'VE GOT ME.

This is all related to the Steam thread because Gaben said Windows 8 is a catastrophe, you see.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
GabeN is pushing for Linux. It's going to be getting a lot more support when he says it the 'official' OS of Steam or something like that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom