Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
From recent Ubi games only South Park and Rocksmith 2014 are free from uPlay.
Omg, googled and confirmed... This was keeping me from d1p. Who would've thought a major Ubi release does not use uPlay?! Well, awesome job Ubi/Uplay.

On the other hand - maybe it was really an awesome job, Ubisoft... now i will definitely buy. On a daily, that is.

Edit:i mean south park, of course.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
How's that RUSE game? Screens look good, but i never heard anybody ever talk about it. Always assumed it must be shit.

Gozma

Arcane
Shit is gonna go for like two weeks, are they gonna repeat dailies or what

Phage

Arcane
Manlet

Considering there are actual thousands of titles on steam and only 9 daily deals (24 deals per day if we count community choice and the 12 hour things), I would be flabbergasted if they did repeat dailies other than the encore sale.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
EUIV is 75% off, but not all of it's DLCs and their new Art of War. Is it worth buying alone? Do the DLCs change much? Mods require new expansions?

Dead Guy

Cipher
It's worth buying it alone. The trade expansion made the most difference for me, since I have no interest in randomized America.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

No, but Dailies may reappear as Flash and Community sales and vice versa
They better not do repeats consider flash sales are now 12 hours and there's only one community vote a day. They've already taken up slots with crap bundle fodder like Trine, Risk of Rain, and Warriors of the North.

belated

Augur
So, how's Rage these days? I seem to remember it had lots of technical problems (which the one thread I looked at here seems to confirm).

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What's the Hivemind's thoughts on Metro: 2033 Redux? Feel like a FPS to play this weekend and never played the original (kept crashing every time I tried to start it, figured that must be fixed now).

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
KKK on Ruse and Prison Architect?
Anyone tried this Prison Architect?
Yes.

pa.png

Hoping it's like Tycoon game combined with Dungeon Keeper.

Privatized Prisons + Sadism.
A lot of features are added constantly. Since I wrote the review, bugs in it have been resolved (beaten prisoners are "suppressed" for a while after the beating) and a metric fuck tonne of new shit has been added. They keep to a pretty regular monthly update schedule and every month usually has cool new shit. Dogs, Armed Guards, Psychiatrists...

Ninjerk

Arcane
Anyone tried this Prison Architect?
Yes.

View attachment 4327

Hoping it's like Tycoon game combined with Dungeon Keeper.

Privatized Prisons + Sadism.
A lot of features are added constantly. Since I wrote the review, bugs in it have been resolved (beaten prisoners are "suppressed" for a while after the beating) and a metric fuck tonne of new shit has been added. They keep to a pretty regular monthly update schedule and every month usually has cool new shit. Dogs, Armed Guards, Psychiatrists...
You have an interest in urban planning? :smug:

pippin

I'm considering getting some Splinter Cell games. Which are the mandatory ones, and the ones to avoid?

Divinity: Original Sin
I'm considering getting some Splinter Cell games. Which are the mandatory ones, and the ones to avoid?

splinter cell 1 to splinter cell 4:double agent uses the same engine (unreal 2.5) and same gameplay, that hit the top in SC 3: chaos theory and was dumbed down in double agent. Conviction is totally popamole, corridor stealth killing that reminded me of call of duty, and is very short, finishable in one or two sittings. Blacklist is a very good game for ubisoft modern standards, with lots options on the way you play, like ghosting or killing everybody.

If you just want the best, take chaos theory and blacklist, and if you're open to play the series, get the first and pandora tomorrow, that actually is not on steam. Double agent has good missions, but it's the worst of the series, and conviction feels like a wrong reboot.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Pandora Tomorrow's apparently just broken on modern computers, which is one of the reasons why it wasn't released on steam, not something stupid like music rights with Hitman: Contracts. Something about the hardware not being able to process the lighting correctly, which makes several levels where getting detected was an instant game over borderline unplayable due to you just not being able to see where you can hide and where you'll be instantly spotted if you stand there.

Multi-headed Cow

Worst sale ever?
Not quite but the winter sales always feel like it, compared to their former glory. Was disappointed when I saw EU4 at 75% off, got excited, rushed to the page, and saw Art of War wasn't discounted. Not really unexpected but I still hoped since IIRC Rajas of India hit a steep discount quick.
How's that RUSE game? Screens look good, but i never heard anybody ever talk about it. Always assumed it must be shit.
Heard good things, haven't played it myself, have also heard that the Wargame games are basically better-Ruse. Made later and by the same company. Ruse has some sneaky shit I don't believe the Wargame games do so there might be enough different that way, but since this is all hearsay I couldn't tell you for sure.
Ruse what I said to Lyric Suite. Prison Architect is fairly cool but the guys are working on it at a glacial pace. Pretty hard to "Lose" unless you give yourself house rules. It's a good game to zone out and play while slowly growing everything everywhere, though.
So, how's Rage these days? I seem to remember it had lots of technical problems (which the one thread I looked at here seems to confirm).
Rage shouldn't give you any guff. Patches straightened it out. It's.. Uh.. A tolerable dumb shooter. Reasonably pretty (As long as you don't get close to anything), pretty good performance, enemies react nicely when shot, 'sok if you wanna shoot things.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom