Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland The Wasteland 2 Beta Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Oh and the beta testing for free...

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Are there any energy weapons in the Beta?
ev9ude.gif

a blast from the past! !

That UI is so much better.

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
Hey people who played the game. Is there GORE in it? I was kind of disappointed when I watched the LPs and saw the death animations - just a spray of blood, a blood puddle, and a body that falls down. In my heart I know there are no cool death animations in the game, but I still cling to the hope they will include them in the final release. For me, death animations in Fallout & Tactics were one of the reasons why it was so fun to play.

FalloutDeathAnim.gif

When do you think WL2 will release now? Given that the beta still needs alot of work? Late 2014?

On their store it is written that "in next few months". We really need to always make sure that Fargo knows he can take his time. If I understand correctly all Your feedback, this game if given enough love, can shape up as well as was promised. -We should ostracize anybody who says that Wasteland will be released earlier than October 2014. It will give Fargo a good sign.

Last edited:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Most skills use the exact same animation... the exception is the brute strength, that has 2 different animations, for doors and for levering stuff.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Nah, I'm just still obsessed with one of the motivations they had for not including stances: they have 15-20 animations per skill so using skills from a different stance would need more animations.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wasteland 2 isn't going to have Fallout-style detailed/prefabricated death animations, although generic 3D gore and gib explosions are a possibility I suppose.

15-20 animations per skill

Did they ever actually use these words? This sounds like a misunderstanding that you're propagating.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Ninja'd

Each weapon has firing, jamming, equip/unequip, reloading, aim up/down, multiple player damages from that pose (i.e light, medium, heavy, crits) plus all of the blends in and out that make them smooth from different player states. In all it turns into around 15-20 animations per skill, per stance. Finally, there would be visual issues from our 6 foot tall rangers with a 3 foot long sniper rifle lying prone. Weapons would clip through the world props all over the place. As we continue iterating and polishing, we will evaluate all options as they are available, but as you can see, this is not a particularly easy decision to make.

That sounds like weapon animations though rather than skill animations.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That sounds like weapon animations though rather than skill animations.

Or equivalently, weapon skill animations. Of course, I don't know whether those have "15-20 animations" either. Could be that they're using some kind of esoteric definition of "animations". Or maybe that sentence is just fucked up.

Brother None?

Now Wasteland 2 is 4th on the steam bestseller list.

Also we have info about the first patch:
Our Steam build was updated today to version #28396. This was a small fix for a few minor annoyances, as we're working towards larger patches later to fix the most commonly reported bugs and the game's performance issues.

- Fixed rocket launchers
- Tweaked combat grid & nav mesh in Wrecking Crew Stronghold to prevent a Raider being isolated and stuck during combat
- Bashable fences persist between game loads
- Turned off blue debug combat grid

AN4RCHID

Arcane
tYgbOpb.png

Wat, seriously? Sixty American USD Dollars ? I assume the finished game will cost less than this, so why are they selling the bug ridden demo for such an exorbitant price? Is this common practice for Early Access games?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So if I shoot twice in one turn, the shots are simultaneous? Like, I pull the trigger with two fingers and two bullets come out? :?
~abstraction~
Eh. So we can abstract a guy making two nonsimultaneous overhand swings with a sledgehammer, but we can't abstract a guy taking two steps and then aiming and firing a pistol? That seems like changing the model to fit your desired outcome.

As for the gameplay argument, re: interesting choices, that does hold water to a point, but it kind of sucks in a variable AP system. If Character A has 3 AP and fires his pistol for 3AP, and Character B has 5 AP and wants to fire his pistol for 3 AP, why should he be penalized for using his other 2 AP to move? This creates a situation where faster characters are, on the average, worse at attacking.

AstroZombie

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin
Wat, seriously? Sixty American USD Dollars ? I assume the finished game will cost less than this, so why are they selling the bug ridden demo for such an exorbitant price? Is this common practice for Early Access games?

Backers had to pay at least $55 to get beta access and they don't want to screw their backers, it's as simple as that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom