Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland The Wasteland 2 Beta Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Achilles

Arcane
Oh, I didn't realize it was extra. My mistake, thanks for the info!

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
No amount of steam derp will surpass the requests for romance in the WL2 forum.

You're just bootstrapping your argument into position, here. What makes moving and shooting, or shooting then moving, "kiting faggotry"?

That doesn't necessarily make it so, but it incentives the player to retreat and take potshots at silly AI who wants to reach him. That's why I quoted Radek's strategy to kill a deathclaw at a low level.

Okay. Is it possible to do this in WL2 right now? Have you tried kiting anything?

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Someone (actually, it may have been me but I can't remember!) also brought up the idea snipers should not be firing from the standing position, and should be penalized if they are firing without a "spotter" -- in this case, without a team mate standing X number of squares near the shooter.

Aw man dat's bullshit. I can fire the scope off da hip and hit someone to my right real ez

:troll:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well now, wait a minute. You are not "running and shooting" correct? You are moving, stopping, then shooting. I mean, that's one of the main features of a grid-based tileset and movement. You are already not allowed to move and shoot at the same time. You're already managing resources to be effective in combat, in this case with APs.

Also, from a realist perspective, elite combat soldiers like Rangers would have no problem both moving and shooting. Though again, what we're talking about here is moving, stopping, and then shooting. Which is something that even a regular soldier can do with lethal efficiency, if they are trained well enough.
Incorrect. If you want to move then fire, do it on separate turns. A turn is an abstraction that includes things happening simultaneously.

Good job ignoring the stronger gamist argument though

So what you're saying is you want romances in Wasteland 2...

As long as it features tastefully done rape. To get immersed in the apocalyptic atmosphere, you see.

Okay. Is it possible to do this in WL2 right now? Have you tried kiting anything?

No idea. I was replying to your more generic "why should there be a penalty for moving and shooting?" post.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
How much money has Fargo and InXile pulled total so far? Does anybody have a guess?

The kickstarter 3mil is 1 thing.. what about all the late paypal etc. backers on the website? And now this steam early access?

5 mil?

When do you think WL2 will release now? Given that the beta still needs alot of work? Late 2014? ;)

Spockrock

Augur
You didn't shoot for the eyes every time unless you always played a Gifted High PER Small Guns character with a Gauss Rifle.
didn't everyone use this exact build? makes the most sense, especially in early game, where shotguns and sniper rifles rule. at least until teh Plasma Rifle. and even those produced best results when aiming for the eyes

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Robot rape would be awesome.

HNzc2Vd.jpg

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Is there ANY reason why target fire is not in the combat in this game ???

Fallout had both automatic, single and targeted fire... i.e. Head, arms, torso... for crit hits.. and AWESOME death animations..

Will WL2 have any of this? Any Dev can confirm? ;()

The reason is that we will have to wait an additional 2, 3 months for that to be implemented, more money needed.

We were promised gruesome death animations like in Fallout 1& 2 but I see nobody asks about them. Maybe these are not implemented yet but I have my doubts that these animations will be as good and versatile like in the first Fallouts.

Also where are the mock-ups for the inventory interface that some codexers with photoshop skills made a while back ago when the video with the interface first appeared?
Someone please re-upload these here and lets start some brainstorming again! :)

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you want to move then fire, do it on separate turns. A turn is an abstraction that includes things happening simultaneously.
So if I shoot twice in one turn, the shots are simultaneous? Like, I pull the trigger with two fingers and two bullets come out? :?

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fargo is a fucking marketing genious he got his main backing from the diehards and the profits from the casuals. This erases all faults for the TB or not TB fuckup

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Anyone manage to import portraits? not sure it is working as even with the correct size and format i keep getting an ? sign.

My glorious post apocalyptic native american is not complete without

steampunk-native-americans.jpeg

Are there any energy weapons in the Beta?

Yep, one of my guys started with an energy gun.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Funny exploit found on the official forum
http://wasteland.inxile-entertainme...1&sid=85fa16c265489a3d4fa4c41b29021316#p84792
I found is that the surgery skill doesn`t us e AP while in combat. So you can toss a almost dead meat shield at front and let him go down then use Surgery skill repeatedly untill they are back up, getting a ton of exp and then repeat when he goes down again next combat phase. My surgeon is leveling 3x faster than anyone else.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom