Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland The Wasteland 2 Beta Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Brother None please hear this:

One thing which really, really made me happy was how out-of-ammo I became near the end of the AG Center's quests. I'm certain I found every container, cracked every safe and dug every hole yet I still couldn't keep a couple of my people stocked. I never really came close to losing or getting my ass completely handed to me though, unfortunately. I'd say: decrease the amount of ammo you find, or the amount of containers with ammo just a tad. Just a tad. Outside of Dead Money, games these days just don't let you panic enough.

set

Cipher
Even with 1 luck and 3 strength, 4 fist rangers can clear Ag Center if you have the necessary skills to pick open all the containers. Decreasing ammo I don't think will even matter.

CWagner

Augur
The merchant system... I hate selling things that I have more of because there is no way to keep one and sell the rest unless I equip my character with it then sell the rest of the stack. A quantity choice would be a really good addition.

Highpool is a lot easier than AG center. ... My Genned Character almost always died at the end of the big battle in the right hand hallway in AG Center while my whole team always survives Highpool no matter what I do.

If you drag and drop (like you do in the inventory screen) you can choose the amount.

Re Hiigh/AG: I agree, Highpool was a cakewalk (with my bad weapons my ranged characters were only damage sponges against roaches though, just had my melee and Angela with her 50% hit chance kill them one by one).

Of course I got the AG bug as well, but as I read the forums first I saved before I chose one of the locations ;)

Monad

Learned
hiver-

So you think they're just outright lying when they say they are working on things? Wow, what reason do you have to believe that?

hiver

no, thats not what i meant. dont be stupid. ask - instead of implying "what i fucking really mean" according to you - just because a switch flipped in your fucking brain.

moron.

i mean that there is very little chance to actually see some of the bigger changes people here proposed as solutions to some of the bigger problems - that a simple paint over - over the current state of affairs wont even reach.

Monad

Learned
Its nice hearing how they are "taking it all into account" and are "working on it" but, seeing how most of these problems came to be because they didnt listen and did not communicate about their game except very superficially - through retarded game media - im not really sure it will come to much of anything, really.
Maybe, if enough people keep saying the same things, it may climb up into the actual heads that are doing this but i wouldnt hold my breath too much about it.

I think they've communicated quite well and listened a ton. I'm not sure where your animosity comes from. Where's the good faith?

JParabellum

Novice
hiver-

So you think they're just outright lying when they say they are working on things? Wow, what reason do you have to believe that?

The point of a Beta is to work out out the kinks and change things around. They do after all want the game to sell well once it is finalized.

Tigranes

Arcane
nNY73s9.png

set

Cipher
So 0.2 lbs is 100 weight? Huh?

Actually, I've so far not had a single ranger run out of room to carry shit.

Tigranes

Arcane
Each item, as shown, is a 500-pack of WTARI goodness.

My rangers have made Highpool into Happy Go Lucky land with little trouble and now proceed to Ag. Centre where everyone is probably dead. The world map is pretty meh at the moment. There are so many fucking oases, it's like the land of milk and honey. Radiation and mountains mean there aren't that many walkable zones. I'll have to finish looking everywhere and maybe jack up outdoorsman beyond 3, but at the moment the only interesting thing I've found is the above.

set

Cipher
That is a neat find, but yes, there isn't much to explore thanks to the radiation clouds fencing you in.

Also, if you run out of water... I didn't notice any effects for it. Someone has to test it more thoroughly.

CWagner

Augur
Radiation and mountains mean there aren't that many walkable zones.
There are so many bloodpacks, just heal the radiation damage. Or walk around long enough to find a cache with rad suits.

Possible location:
southwest, the path leading you up to the left of the citadel was where I found them (7!) once. Not sure if it's a random drop or there every time

Tigranes

Arcane
Yeah, I found some rad suits now, and I have a dozen blood packs to spare. I don't know if there is anything interesting IN the rad zones though, I've found one cache but that's it.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Nah, optimization is needed... my brother has a i5 laptop with 6Gb RAM and a 1GB AMD video card, and yet can't run the game even on the lowest setting... it lags so much it's unplayable. Pretty sure that many backers and testers are having the same problem.

It could be related to how laptops handle CPU speed. It can make various timing-related stuff in some engines get confused, and choke the framerate.

Disable Speedstep and other CPU saving features in laptop, i.e make it behave like desktop, see if it suddenly works.

I use a PC but I have C6 and and C1E power saving off on my CPU by default. So that probably will not help.

JParabellum

Novice
Can anyone post a spoiler tag on where the radio tower is in Highpool? Thanks. I tried everything I could think at on every tower like structure I could find. I did everything in Highpool except for installing the repeater.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Can anyone post a spoiler tag on where the radio tower is in Highpool? Thanks. I tried everything I could think at on every tower like structure I could find. I did everything in Highpool except for installing the repeater.
You could try reading back like, 1 page.

hiver

Yeah, I found some rad suits now, and I have a dozen blood packs to spare. I don't know if there is anything interesting IN the rad zones though, I've found one cache but that's it.
Only now? I found those Wtari games and the rad suits right off the bat, when i took my first walk over the desert, before going to the tower at all. Rad suits are always in the same spot for me. >Down to the south and then you turn left towards west when you reach the big radiation fields.

Nothing special in rad zones. Just the usual cache loot as anyplace else.
There is a nice armor somewhere up north though. Seems its always in the same spot too.

I dont get that Wtari thing, btw. Whats the easter egg?
(i had to ditch them all since they were too heavy)

Ninjerk

Arcane
Only now? I found those Wtari games and the rad suits right off the bat, when i took my first walk over the desert, before going to the tower at all. Rad suits are always in the same spot for me. >Down to the south and then you turn left towards west when you reach the big radiation fields.

Nothing special in rad zones. Just the usual cache loot as anyplace else.
There is a nice armor somewhere up north though. Seems its always in the same spot too.

I dont get that Wtari thing, btw. Whats the easter egg?
(i had to ditch them all since they were too heavy)
Look up the '83 video game market crash.

hiver

You mean i have to... google it?

what are these, the middle ages? ffs...

-edit-

ok, so? why is it W - tari? whats with the fing W?

(the cant actually use the name "atari"?)

- wow, what a big deal... :snore:

Last edited by a moderator:

aratuk

Cipher
Welp, just encountered the AG Center bug which crashes the game after you've completed the mission and try to leave the building.
Goddammit :mad: That bug can seriously suck my nuts.

I figured out what causes this bug. I went through the Ag Center bit by bit, testing between every action whether it was still possible to leave the Central Complex. The cause is saving Julio from the fucking rabbits. Something about entering the Western Greenhouse, making your way to Julio, killing the rabbits, ending the quest by speaking to Julio, or talking to Julio about Doc Larsen, has to be the cause of this bug. I submitted a bug report to Centercode with my game files from before and after saving Julio, with that being the only difference. The bug report is WLCC-2864.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom