Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland The Wasteland 2 Beta Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

JParabellum

Novice
First, HP regen, now this arrow knee shit.

I want my money back.
If that is all it takes for you to fall to your knees crying for your money back. Why do you play video games? The video games today are Rife with Easter eggs. They are a way of paying homage to certain things that the creators are fans of. Fallout 2 had Monty Python, Star Trek TNG, War of the worlds, and bunch of other pop culture easter eggs in it. The bullet to the knee is just that an Easter Egg.

Wasteland had health regen just not as obvious or as fast. Who knows... they might change it or chuck it out. This is only the Beta there are at least 3 more major steps to go through before the game is finalized.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
He's joking and 80's references are okay.

Skyrim references are the lamest shit ever, and also evidence of popamole :smug: xboxy camera ... list inventory ... starting to see a pattern ....

:troll:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
If that is all it takes for you to fall to your knees crying for your money back. Why do you play video games? The video games today are Rife with Easter eggs. They are a way of paying homage to certain things that the creators are fans of. Fallout 2 had Monty Python, Star Trek TNG, War of the worlds, and bunch of other pop culture easter eggs in it. The bullet to the knee is just that an Easter Egg.

But those pop-culture things aren't retarded like Bethesduh.

Wasteland had health regen just not as obvious or as fast. Who knows... they might change it or chuck it out. This is only the Beta there are at least 3 more major steps to go through before the game is finalized.

This was the same mentality fans of ES/Fallout had about Oblivion/Fallout 3.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Holy shit, there's another one, posted on the W2 forums just now:

http://i.imgur.com/oZvBwuU.jpg

lol

That better not be shopped, though.

It's not, I have seen it as well.

Haha. Well, I have a feeling those lines probably aren't going to be in the game for much longer now. :lol: One is okay, but three is too much.

This was the same mentality fans of ES/Fallout had about Oblivion/Fallout 3.

Luckily Wasteland 2 is being targeted towards us and not towards consoletards so it's actually not the same situation at all

Athelas

Arcane
From the looks of it, 'whacky Skyrim jokes' was apparently one of the overarching design goals.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The video games today are Rife with Easter eggs. They are a way of paying homage to certain things that the creators are fans of. Fallout 2 had Monty Python, Star Trek TNG, War of the worlds, and bunch of other pop culture easter eggs in it.
Oh boy here we go.

The bullet to the knee is just that an Easter Egg.
It's not an easter egg if it's in the main course of the game. An easter egg is something hidden, at least partially.

JParabellum

Novice
I know about the big crush but i never delved into any specifics of it.
The worst game of all time?
widely regarded as the or at least one of the worst game(s) ever made, but apparently the game was just too far ahead of its time.
5 weeks to create a game? That is insane! It takes months of story writing, concept art production, etc before you can even get the game onto the drawing board for the meeting.

First, HP regen, now this arrow knee shit.

I want my money back.
*jedi hand motion* HP Regen is fine, it's slow paced and it was in Wasteland.

Also holy fuck, even if I did like Skyrim, three is just heavy handed, that's fucking awful. This game better be huge in scale and have twice as many easter eggs with reference to real RPGs. Seriously, whoever decided three arrow in the knee jokes were acceptable in ANY game, kill yourself. It's clearly a bug related to the beta, I will submit a report.

I didn't know you were a flat-chested Asian girl, Sensuki.

I submitted a bug report about their being no asian female faces.
Sensuki is an Asian chick? :thumbsup:

lolwut? You can actually make out the race of what is pretty much a blob with some faded indistinguishable facial features? I know it's a joke, but I've seen it twice, i wouldn't be surprised if somebody actually makes an issue out of it. Besides, there is a female face that looks asian.(Or as asian as a featureless blob can look.)

BGMD

Learned
"I used to be a Glaive like you but then I took a numenera to the knee."

Last edited:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
they should hire some funny people to write jokes, easter eggs, homages, etc.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
lolwut? You can actually make out the race of what is pretty much a blob with some faded indistinguishable facial features? I know it's a joke, but I've seen it twice, i wouldn't be surprised if somebody actually makes an issue out of it. Besides, there is a female face that looks asian.(Or as asian as a featureless blob can look.)
I think she means the avatars, not the 3d models.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

Mods will fix that.

There are
There are two of them, and they are right next to each other. She probably meant the blobs, hell, but in that case you could report a bug that there are no people of any race in the game, despite being able to choose multiple human nationalities.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
There's no incomprehensible yellow mush an asian lady like there is for an asian gentleman? Sounds like a job for RPS.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
It's not going to win them the hearts of any women who don't shave their legs though, so it's a pointless article.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom